Chapter 2

Gone and found
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 2

 

 

The sounds of horns from the vehicles that stuck on the traffic outside could be heard vaguely from the 5th floor of Lee Corporation building, in this time of the day Lee Jinki usually spend his time by drinking a glass of ice tea or orange juice along with a piece of pizza on his table or he just gradually taking a nap on the couch of his office, but today is different from usual because instead of doing those routines Jinki was talking busily on the phone hoping the action could hold him in a little longer so that he could find an excuse for coming late to his lunch date.

It's almost successful if only his secretary didn't came in to his office soon after that and told him to get ready, nagging him here and there that he could be late and told him that probably his mother is already gone mad from waiting too long.

"And who is exactly the person you're talking to earlier?" The never stop nagging Choi Sooyoung keep on cornering him.

"It's a friend, I just get to know him a week ago!" Jinki desperately trying to defend himself.

"There's a time and place for everything,—fix your hair, Lee Jinki!" She shouted from the couch as she's watching his reflection on the mirror beside his table, she don't even gave him a chance to retort. "I'm pretty sure you're doing this on purpose, it's fifteen minutes before lunch and you're still here getting ready, that's very unlike you. You should make a very good first impression when meeting someone for the first time and being late is just a no-no!"

"Okay, OK! I'm going now, for God's sake Sooyoung, what's actually gotten into you?" He finally gave in, he realized Sooyoung is too strong especially when she's hungry and now that lunch time is almost here he's one hundred percent sure that she's extremely hungry now so arguing with her will be useless.

"Good luck!" Jinki heard her as he open the door of his office, smiling to himself he raised his thumb up for her in return without looking back at her.

 

***

 

PLAVY! That’s the name of the restaurant for his lunch date today, there’s no particular reason why it was named like that, Im Siwan, the owner of the place himself isn’t really sure of why he named his restaurant that way.

“No matter how many times I tried to figured out the meaning of this place’s name I still have no idea what it was.” He mumbled to himself as he is getting out of his car.

“No one asked you to find the meaning of it, right?” Someone sarcastically answered him from behind.

Speaking of the devil, it’s the owner of the restaurant. Im Siwan: A quite ambitious but undeniably attractive and hardworking man, a few months older and a few inches taller than Jinki. Both know each other since kindergarten but refuse to call each other as best friends because they think they’re not exactly close and don’t have a good enough reason to get close to each other either. They’re friend, sure but not really, well it was complicated.

“Looks like someone is having a special lunch today.” Siwan grinning happily at not-so-amused Jinki beside him. They’re still standing in front of the restaurant beside their cars.

“None of your business, Siwan.” Jinki replied him grumpily.

 “It’s my business Mr. Lee, since you’re doing it at my restaurant, so is there something else I can help you with?” Siwan smirks at Jinki annoyingly.

“No, thanks.” Jinki replied coldly and quickly walked away from him while muttering under his breath. “He still haven’t changed his annoying attitude.”

“Oh, thank you. And I see you haven’t changed your cold-hearted attitude either!” Siwan shouts at Jinki right before Jinki went inside the restaurant. “Ah, the feeling of pleasure when talking with him is really unforgettable.” He smiled to himself and quickly going inside the restaurant as well.

 

***

 

Jinki scans the restaurant for awhile before he found his sister waving her hand enthusiastically at him. He quickly walks to her tables and saw his mother disappointed face. But, he notices that only Soojung and his mother at the table, it looks like the girl is not here yet.

“I’m really sorry for arriving late, Mom.” He bowed politely at her.

“It’s alright.”

Jinki sits beside Soojung and whispering at her so that their mother can’t hear them.

“So, where is she?”

“She is in the toilet right now. We were just talking about you a while ago.” When Soojung see Jinki disappointed face she quickly continued. “She is really pretty, Oppa. No, she is gorgeous even for your standard, she also looks nice, I’m one hundred percent sure you and her will get a long well in no time.” Jinki could see his sister enthusiasm, it honestly make him fell a little bit relieved.

Not long after that, there’s a voice that interrupt his conversation with Soojung, a soft and feminine voice greeting him.

“Hi, I’m Jung Jessica. Nice to meet you.” Jinki looking up and found a pretty and elegant lady smiling while offering her hand at him.

He quickly stand up and shook her hand after slightly bowing at her. “I’m Lee Jinki, it’s great to meet you too Jessica-ssi.”

After an obviously awkward greetings, Jessica sits in front of Jinki. In the corner of his eyes Jinki could see his sister trying her best not to laugh at them.

It was silent for a while, so Jinki decides to starts a conversation with her but Jessica seems getting the same idea and beats him for starting the conversation.

“You must be a really busy person, right? Soojung-ssi mentioned that you’re a quite workaholic. I’m sorry for making you left your work today, Jinki-ssi.”

Jinki was flustered, he didn’t expect her to apologize to him.

“No at all, Jessica-ssi. You shouldn’t have apologize to me, I’m the one who should apologize for making you wait for too long.” He paused to think what’s next to talk about and decides it’s better to know more about her. But when he is about to open his mouth to ask her, Soojung nudge his hand and ges

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter