Chapter 02

There's Always A Painful Truth Behind Every Hard Decisions [Semi-Hiatus]

 

 

DISCLAIMER: I don't own DBSK, Super Junior and SHINee, i wish i do but let's face the facts. XD This story is purely fictional! I had no idea why they really left the company. Although in my opinion, i probably has to be something big for them to risk their careers and their friends. No matter what i will still support them.

 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

 

There was a heavy silence in the living room where everyone was congregated. Some of them occupied the couch, others sat on the floor while the rest were standing behind the couch. Each of them had different expression on their faces. Most of their faces showed how much they were worried for their friend. Siwon looked so lost. Key was pale, deathly pale and seemed to be shaking slightly to the point that Taemin and his best friend Jonghyun can’t help but worry over him. Kyuhyun’s face was scrunched up, as if he was thinking hard about something. Changmin was worried but not just for his Jaejoong hyung but also for his Yunho hyung’s reaction to all of this. Indeed, as Changmin looked over to where Yunho was sitting, the man had this dark look on his face. This time it was Leeteuk who broke the silence.

“Zhoumi, Henry, are you guys planning on just standing there and staring at us? We would really appreciate it if you start explaining now.”

“Ummm…”

“Yes?”

“Aish. Mianhe hyung. I wish we could explain everything but.. it’s really complicated.”

“Then simplify it.”

Zhoumi released a heavy sigh and glanced at Henry. “I.. I really can’t.. All I can say right now, is that what h-happened out there.. is related to the reason why the four of them left..”

“What exactly do you mean Mimi?” Siwon said finally snapping out of his reverie.

“I.. I really can’t explain it right now. It’s too personal. It’s better if you hear the whole thing from them, believe me.” Zhoumi’s statement was met by silence. Everyone was surprised by the emotion evident in the gentleman’s voice. It was as if his heart was being broken into pieces. “Now if you don’t mind, I’ll just check on Jaejoong and Hangeng ge ge.”

Everyone was looking at each other. They didn’t know what to make of Zhoumi’s reaction. They were confused and worried. Except one. Kyuhyun, whose face was previously scrunched up, went pale and had a horrified expression on his face, a single word slipping out of his mouth.

“..”

Everyone turned towards the evil gamer not understanding what he meant. Even Zhoumi and Henry who were about to leave the room. But instead of confusion, there was fear in their faces.

“Jae hyung… He was.. wasn’t he?” Kyuhyun said hesitantly as he raised his head to look up at Zhoumi. Everyone was stunned. Some stared at Kyuhyun in horror. Some just looked at him with their mouth hanging open. Other’s paled as they considered the possibility.

“What the hell are you saying Kyu?!”

“That’s.. i-imposible..”

“Are you nuts??”

“Kyu! Where the hell did you get that idea!! Th-that can’t be the case! Ri-right, Zhoumi? ” A flustered Leeteuk turned to Zhoumi silently pleading for the young man to deny Kyuhyun’s words. Zhoumi stared back at Leeteuk then glanced at Kyuhyun before answering, “They’re right Kyu. You don’t know what you’re saying.”

“But it fits. He doesn’t want to be touched. He kept yelling ‘get your hands off me’, that ‘it hurts’.. and ‘pull it out’.” Kyuhyun kept staring at Zhoumi, trying to read his every reaction. Zhoumi bit his lips before opening them to speak again but a voice cut him off.

“It’s true.”

Everyone turned as they heard Junsu’s voice and found him standing just outside the kitchen door. Those two words left everyone speechless. Various emotions can be seen on their faces. Shock. Horror. Disbelief.

“Su, a-are you sure about this?” Yoochun’s voice was quiet, he was darting unsure glances towards the seemingly shocked crowd.

“Yes, Chunnie.” Junsu answered, glancing at Yoochun standing to his right.

“B-but Su! Jaejoong and Hangeng ge ge…” Zhoumi said in a worried tone. His eyes were filled with uncertainty. Henry who was standing next to him was chewing on his bottom lip, clearly agitated about the subject.

“Mimi, we can’t run away forever. I’m doing this for them. I-I’m tired of running away. Of believing that everything is fine when they clearly aren’t. And I’m sure they are too. Geng ge ge, he still won’t tell anyone what really happened that night. And Jae hyung… he… he…” Junsu’s voice faltered, his eye’s started to get teary. Yoochun took his right hand in both of his own, trying to encourage the other. “Jae hyung is getting worse. He’s not saying anything, but I know. I can see it in his eyes. He’s suffering. Both of them.. they need support. I know you, Henry and Chunnie have always been there for us but… it’s not enough. They need their friends back.” Junsu whispered the last sentence but everyone heard it clearly, for the room was shrouded with silence.

 

(A/N: I was actually planning on making this a flash back but I realized what I was dealing with.. so I ended up writing it in a storytelling format.. mianhe for being a coward.. TT,TT)

 

“C-can you explain what exactly are you guys talking about?” Leeteuk uttered, first to recover from shock. The four, Yoochun, Junsu, Zhoumi, and Henry, exchanged apprehensive looks. Junsu bit his lip before he started talking. “A-all this started about a year before the lawsuit. There was this party we were invited to. It was one of those company events. I think Super Junior, SHINee and the other groups and trainees were also invited. Yunho hyung.. he has a schedule that time but the rest of us were free. Jae hyung, Chunnie, Changmin and I went. Everything was fine, u-until… I-I wanted to go to the bathroom so I left them and went in search of one.. But s-someone c-called me.. I-I remember talking to him a-and drinking s-some w-wine he o-offered me.. I..” Junsu bit his lips again, the tears he had been suppressing fell from his eyes. He started to shake uncontrollably. Yoochun went to the kitchen to grab a stool and made Junsu sit on it. Wrapping his arms around the younger man he softly said, “Let me do it, Su.”

“I-I’m so s-sorry. I t-thought I-I’m ready.” Junsu said looking miserable and heartbroken.

“During the party.. Junsu went off to the bathroom.. He.. He never came back. After waiting for an hour we started to get worried. Jae hyung.. he went to find him. But like Junsu he never came back. Changmin and I got more worried so we started sending messages to them. We also tried calling their phones but none of them were answering. We tried asking around but no one seemed to know where they were. After fifteen minutes of searching, we got a message from Jae hyung’s number telling us not to be worried and that he and Junsu were together. They met some old friend and went off for some drinks. We were relieved.. We shouldn’t have been.” Regret and bitterness could be heard in Yoochun’s voice. He took a deep breath, trying to fight back tears. His gaze landed on Changmin who was intently looking at his fiddling fingers resting on his lap and biting his lips.

“It was around three in the morning.. We, Changmin and I, were already at the dorm.. I.. I received a phone call.. It was from Junsu.” Yoochun stopped. He seemed to be having a hard time breathing. Junsu turned his back from the others and buried his face on Yoochun’s chest. He was visibly shaking and his sobs were heart breaking. Yoochun rubbed gentle circles on his back to comfort him. “He.. he was crying.. really hard. He was trying to tell me something but he was panicking and I couldn’t understand his words. After a while I caught a hotel name and a series of numbers which I assumed was their room number. I immediately woke up Changmin and we rushed to the said hotel. I stayed on line with Junsu the whole time trying to calm him down. I tried asking what happened but every time I do he just cried harder. When we arrived..” Yoochun’s words faltered once again. His face was very pale and he closed his eyes, trying to reign in his emotions. Changmin had started to cry in his palms. Kangin, who was standing behind him, put a comforting hand on his shoulder since it seemed that DBSK’s maknae wouldn’t be getting any comfort from his leader. Yunho, who was sitting beside Changmin, was sitting rigidly in his place, his face an emotionless mask. The others kept glancing at each other, all of them fearing Yoochun’s next words.

 

Still keeping his eyes closed, Yoochun continued his tale, “We found them both tied on different beds. Apparently, Junsu was approached by a high ranking person in the company during the party and said he wanted to talk to him. He gave some kind of drink to Junsu and he ended up paralyzed. Paralyzed, not even knocked out. Junsu.. He was awake the whole time. But he couldn’t do anything, he couldn’t even call out for help. Jae hyung.. he found them.. He punched the guy and the guy crumpled down to the ground. He managed to free Junsu and was already carrying him.. But the bastard hit him in the head and he lost consciousness. That bastard.. he.. he them.. The text we received earlier in the evening. It was him. We shouldn’t have been relieved. We should have tried to look for them. We could have saved them, hyung. If only we tried looking for them. That’s all I could think as I was looking at them tied in those beds.. Junsu he could barely move. It was a miracle he managed to free one of his arms to call me. Jae hyung.. he was awake.. but he wouldn’t respond to us no matter what we do.. he was just staring sightlessly.. with tears streaming down his face.. he wouldn’t even move..” Yoochun opened his eyes and his tears finally flowed freely down his face. His voice kept cracking from emotion as he was telling all this. Others had also started crying. Henry and Zhoumi, even though they heard this tale more than once already, can’t help cry silently from where they were standing. Ryeowook, Donghae and Hyukjae, Super Junior’s cry babies, had also started crying. (A/N: I know what you’re thinking ‘Damn this talkative author ‘ but I just felt the need to explain my words.. All of us know that Donghae is indeed SJ’s King of Tears and is easy to cry. We also know that Hyukjae is one of the biggest cry babies in the kpop industry. In fact, he is one of the most sensitive in the group and IS the easiest to cry. But that’s why I love him. He has such a pure heart~~.. Anyway, I included Ryeowook based solely in one episode of EHB where the members were asked who was easiest to cry so that they could prank them to collect their tears. They choose Hyukjae and Ryeowook.) Donghae embraced the crying Hyukjae, trying to comfort the later even though he himself was crying pretty hard. Yesung took one of Ryeowook’s hands in his from where they were sitting on the floor to show his support. The younger ones, Taemin, Kibum (SJ), Minho, Jinki, Jonghyun and yes even the evil maknae Kyuhyun, weren’t taking the news well either. Their eyes were teary, their faces pale and they were trembling slightly. But the most worrying reaction that can be seen among the listeners, if anyone bothered to look, was Key’s. He wasn’t just pale. It was as if someone drained all the blood from his face, even his lips lost their pinkish color. He wasn’t just trembling. He was shaking really badly. It was unnoticed by Jonghyun and Jinki who were sitting on either side of him on the floor for both were too occupied with their own thoughts and reactions. His eyes were bloodshot and teary. They were so wide you’d think they’ll pop out any second. He started rubbing his hands up and down his arms as if trying to rub something away from his skin.

“We brought them to a private clinic owned by one of my relatives. Junsu had to stay overnight for observation, but he was released in the morning. My uncle also suggested for them to see a psychiatrist to deal with the trauma. However, Jae hyung… My uncle told us that he is currently in catatonic state. He was trapped in his own mind. Probably because of the trauma of what happened. He stayed like that for three days and when he woke up.. he.. he doesn’t remember anything of what happened. My uncle suggested that we let him be for a while. See if he remembers in a couple of days. He says we can’t let him go into therapy unless he himself know why he’s going for it and that something is wrong. The situation might turn worse if we make him remember against his will. He had some nightmares a couple of days afterwards but nothing serious so we decided against therapy.” Yoochun finished. He seemed to have his emotions under control by now. However, Junsu was still crying his heart out on his chest.

“Why did you wait for so long?” Heechul’s question shattered the silence that settled into the room. His inquiry was answered immediately countered by an irritated Kangin. “Yah! Can’t you see how hard it is for them to tell this to us even after so much time had passed by?!”

“Pabo! I wasn’t talking about that.” Heechul replied to Kangin and rolled his eyes in annoyance. Turning towards Yoochun and company, he continued, “I was asking why did you wait a year to file the lawsuit? What happened that made you guys leave?”

 

Heechul almost felt guilty after he uttered those words for he immediately saw the emotions surge in Yoochun’s eyes. Junsu’s grip on Yoochun’s waist seemed to get tighter and his sobs louder. The other just tightened his hold on the younger man and diverted his gaze to Changmin who met his gaze. Yoochun’s eyes seemed to be pleading, asking something from their maknae. The other just bit his lips but nodded his head slightly. The others seemed to understand that it was the maknae’s turn to tell the truth.

Changmin looked at the others before taking a deep breath and finally talking. “Two months before the lawsuit.. Jae hyung.. He tried to commit suicide.” His statement earned horrified gasps around him. “Everyone was busy with their own schedules. Jae hyung was left alone at the dorms. He received a call that was supposed to be for Yunho hyung. It was.. that bastard. It seems he needed to talk to Yunho hyung about something. His voice.. it seems it brought back Jae hyung’s memories from that night. That’s why he did that. Junsu hyung and I had the same schedule that day. We were.. the ones who found him on the kitchen floor. It was awful. Junsu hyung was paralyzed. He was just staring at Jae hyung and at all the blood on the floor. I told him to call Yoochun hyung and hyung was the one who called his relatives private clinic. It was so scary..” Changmin once again raised his head and looked at the others. You could see the torment and fear in his eyes. Kangin squeezed the maknae’s shoulders lightly. “Hyung.. he.. we..we almost lost him.. He stopped breathing hyung.. He stopped breathing! I didn’t know what to do! I was so scared! If not for the doctor who rushed to saved hyung.. he would probably be dead by now.. And all I could do was cry by his side and try to stop the blood gushing from his wounds.” Everyone could see how shaken Changmin was.

“The lawsuit was actually my idea.” Changmin said once again. “We knew we couldn’t do anything against that bastard. He’s too powerful. He has connections. No one would believe us. The only thing we knew we could do is to get them as far away as possible from that monster.”

“Excuse me..” Siwon ever the gentleman whispered hesitantly. Everyone turned to him slightly surprised at his politeness. “Earlier, you said that what happened outside was connected to why the four of them left. You said four, not three. What.. what do you exactly mean..?” Fear and sadness are seen in his eyes. The others looked around, clearly uncomfortable at what Siwon pointed out. Zhoumi and Henry visibly paled at his words. Changmin and Yoochun looked sadly at the crowd.

This time it was Zhoumi who spoke up. “I.. Actually we don’t exactly know what happened either.. Geng ge ge.. he never talks about that night.. Around the time of J.Y.J.’s lawsuit.. I received a call in the middle of the night. Around one in the morning I think. It was Hangeng ge ge. He asked me to fetch him at SME. I didn’t know why he was still at SME at that time. He didn’t tell me either. When I arrived at the parking lot, I saw him approach my car. He.. he looked awful. He was limping , his clothes were disheveled, I even saw some rips. His eyes were red and puffy like he had cried for hours. When he didn’t give me an explanation, I didn’t ask. Knowing him, I knew he would tell us sooner or later. A few days later, we were out drinking with Jaejoong. And he just blurted it out. Like he was just commenting on the weather. Like it’s nothing important at all. ‘I was .’ I just stared at him. Saying I was shocked was an understatement. Then he cried. Just cried. He didn’t tell us anything about that night. Jaejoong.. he was also crying. Silently. After, Geng ge ge calmed down, Jaejoong hyung told us the truth behind the lawsuit. After what Jae told him, he wanted out. I knew ge ge had been thinking about leaving for some time already. I guess you could say what happened that night was the last straw for him.” Siwon cried after hearing what his lover had gone through without his knowledge. He was angry. But not at Hangeng for not telling him and leaving without a goodbye, he knows there’s a reason why he didn’t told him. Knowing how the chinaman could get so insecure sometimes, the reason is probably something dumb and unreasonable along the lines of ‘I don’t deserve you’ or maybe ‘I can’t face you just yet’. Instead he is furious at whoever was responsible for his beloved’s misery.

 

Everyone is struggling with their mixed emotions. They’re sad for what their friends had gone through all this time. Guilty because they didn’t even think to get their friends’ side of events before feeling mad at them because of leaving. Hurt because they hadn’t trusted them enough to tell them what’s going on. Among all of them there is one there is one that is suffering, not because sadness, guilt nor hurt but of pain. Pain of remembering something from his recent past. (A/N: does that even make sense?! >3<)

“Why didn’t any of you tell us. Why didn’t any of you tell me.” This time it was Yunho’s cold voice that pulled them out of their thoughts. “Damn it! Changmin, you knew all this time! Why didn’t you ing tell me!!”

“Yunho! Calm down! They probably have a good reason for keeping it from us.” Leeteuk threw a sharp glance at Yunho. “Besides, raising your voice doesn’t help at all.”

“Yunho hyung please don’t be angry at Changmin.” Yoochun said trying to placate his former leader. “We wanted to tell you guys initially. But you guys were doing so well in your career and we were afraid that you’d do something that might jeopardize you career if we told you. We knew that by leaving SME our careers would take a huge damage. That’s why Jae hyung and Hangeng ge ge made us promise not to tell you guys. That’s also why we asked Changmin to stay at SME with you.”

“The !!” Yunho exclaimed standing up from the couch and taking a couple of menacing steps towards Yoochun but stopped as Junsu let out whimper. “Is your opinion of me really that low?! Do you really think that I’d care about my ing career more than my lover?! HUH?!”

 

Yoochun, Zhoumi and Henry could only bow their heads low in shame.

 

“I-it’s n-not that hyu--" Changmin tried to explain but Yunho cut him off.

 

“But what?!”

 

“Hyung it’s just that.. Jaejoong hyung, h-he values our dreams.. to him.. it’s something that’s really important.. it’s something that brought us together..  and the lawsuit.. it endangered those dreams.. he keeps it to himself but I know he’s afraid.. afraid to lose those precious dreams.. and he doesn’t want to drag more people into this.. he doesn’t want to endanger other people dreams.. He loves you that’s why he did that..”

 

“He’s more important than anything! My career, my dreams, I could live without them!” Tears fell from Yunho’s pain-filled eye. “Wae? Why didn’t he trust me enough to handle the situation? Why didn’t he trust me enough to tell the truth?”

 

“They were afraid Yunho.” Zhoumi said sadly.

 

“Yunho, he’s right. They’re afraid and people whose afraid sometimes does unexplainable things.. It’s not their fault.”

Leeteuk said quietly.

 

“Who is it?” Yunho’s deadly tone sent chills down everyone’s spine. “Who’s that bastard that’s responsible for this?”

 

Zhoumi opened his mouth to answer Yunho’s question but a small, trembling voice cut him off. A voice that doesn’t belong to anyone involved in the situation.

 

“Shin ChanHee.”

 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'M REALLY SORRY FOR A SUPER LATE UPDATE..

I'm a graduating student so i kinda have a very tight schedule.. And, also, as i've said in my status.. my friend borrowed my flash disk so i don't have any of my data with.. 

And to be honest.. i don't know where i'm going with this story.. XD So please pray for me.. :D

Oh! Add me on twitter!! 

http://twitter.com/#!/blackspiderlily

 

AND I REPEAT THIS IS PURELY FICTIONAL!! I LOVE DONG BANG SHIN KI, SUPER JUNIOR AND SHINEE!! I SWEAR!!!!!

PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER!!!!

AND SORRY FOR BEING LAME.. :'(

 
 
BTW, this was edited by my friend YuWook..
Thank You!!