She's Here

My Summer

“Jigeumeun, So Nyu Shi Dae! Appurodo, So Nyu Shi Dae! Yongwonhi, So Nyu Shi Dae! 8 girls bowed down 90 degrees after saying their taglines in front of the pink ocean. 8 girls…SNSD supposed to be 9. And one of them is me, Jessica Jung who watched the other 8 through the television. Before they were standing straight again, I turned it off. I just can’t bare to see their faces. Their happy faces. Successfully performing in front of loyal fans who stayed after what’d happened. And I, sitting here alone inside my house. I can’t perform with them. I just can’t…ever again. Lonely. This is what I felt right now.

Suddenly, my phone on the coffee table vibrated. I can see who was calling me on the screen. “My Summer <3”. I smiled. Her again. She kept calling me ever since that happened. But unfortunately I never pick up her call. Being stubborn as she is, she kept trying everyday wishing that I will someday. So, should I now? I took my phone hesitantly and look at her name on the screen. I’m still contemplating whether to answer it or not. Maybe I took so much time that it stopped vibrating already.  She gave up. For today. As I was about to put my phone down, it vibrated again. “My Summer <3” flashing on the screen again. She never called me twice in a day before. Is this the right time for me to talk to her again? I guess, it is.

“Sica-yam” Her voice echoing into my ear as soon as I answered the phone. Soft and tender. Just the way I love it. It seems so long I didn’t hear her voice. Calling me by the nickname she gave me. Only me. She is the most special person to me. The special one who melted this ice princess. The special one who I love the most. Without realized, my tears already flowing down wetting my cheeks. I miss her. I miss her so much. And only hearing her voice was not enough.

“Sooyoungie”

“Sica-yam”

“I miss you”

All I heard was her breathing now. She didn’t say anything. There was silence for a couple of minutes before someone knocking my door. Who could that be? Maybe Krystal came on behalf of my parents to check on me. She always did that these nowadays.  With heavy heart due to Sooyoung’s silence, I opened the door. I dropped my phone as soon as I saw the person behind it.

She’s here.


Sica's nickname "Sica-yam" was taken from Sooyoung's weibo reply to Sica when Sica promoted her drama. One and only interaction from them....