The One Thing

[SUGA's One Shot] Be My Rebound, Please?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoongi’s POV

 

“Yoongi-ssi, let’s get lost!”

“Aaaaa...” I have no idea what should I say. Rena ask me to get lost together? Seriously? My bestfriend's girlfriend ask me to have holiday together. “Okay...” I say finally.

“Tell Jeongguk, Namjoon, Jimin, Jin, and Hoseok. I will tell Jinah,” Rena says again. Aah~ Stupid. Of course Rena doesn’t only ask me! I chuckle.

“Alright,” I say. 

“And don’t tell Taehyung about it. Let’s get lost for two days and nobody can contact Taehyung!” she adds.

“Okay.”

“Okay,” she giggles. “We will talk about it again on Monday at office.”

“Okay.”

“Bye, Yoongi.”

“Bye, Rena.”

Then she hangs the phone. I sigh deeply to control my feeling. What in the earth I just hope the holiday with Rena. Just the two of us. You are Insane, Min Yoongi!

“Hey, man,” Jeongguk comes bring two glass of alcohol and hand me one. “Why your face so gloomy? This is Saturday night! I take you here for enjoying the night!” he patts my shoulder quite hard. “What’s your problem, by the way?”

“Problem? Who’s say I have a problem?” I mock him.

“Your face,” Jeongguk says. Damn. “Someone just break your heart?”

I shrug. “I don’t know,” I say. “By the way, Rena asked us to get lost for two days on next weekend.”

“Where? Las Vegas?”

I sigh. It’s hard have a playboy bestfriend. “I don’t think so. We’ll talk about it on Monday.”

“Okay,” Jeongguk says then sipp his alcohol. “I miss Taehyung. Can you call and ask him to be here?”

“He with Rena, right now,” I say. 

“Wait,” Jeongguk says in sudden. He turns her face to me and see my face intently. “I think I just heard something.”

“What?” Geez... This person is so weird. I don’t get him sometime. 

“Oh no...” he says again. His eyes get wide and his lips make a curve O. So drama king.

“What?”

“There’s something between you and her. No, no, no...” he shakes his head. “You can’t steal your bestfriend’s girlfriend, Min Yoongi!”

What? “Ya! I’m not steal anything from anyone!” I can’t help my self to yell at him. 

Jeongguk shrugs. “I’m just saying. Now, let’s go enjoying the party!!!” he screams as he rises his hand and move his body following the music.

I sipped my alcohol and follow Jeongguk to the dance floor. He’s right, it’s Saturday night and I should enjoying the night.

On Monday, Rena gathered us in the office cafetaria at the lunch time. She talks about the plan to get lost together. She says that she needs this trip because of Taehyung. Of course it’s all about Taehyung. What do you expect, Min Yoongi? But, I hate looking her like this. She looks misserable. She’s trying to smile, laugh, but her eyes aren’t do that. She looks tired, sad, and angry. What in the world I can do to make she happy?

“Okay, then. See you on Saturday!” she closes the meeting.

“Don’t worry, we’ll meet soon at our departement’s room,” Jimin says as he smiling.

Rena smiles, too. “You’re right, Jimin.” Then, she stands and go with Jinah. I look at her back side, she looks so damn attractive.

“Let’s go to the coffee shop. I need some caffein,” Namjoon says and stands. We follow after him.

So, I role my self as Rena’s good friend. Text her after the office hour, and talking to her through the phone before we sleep. Sounds like a couple thing, huh? Yeah... It’s my fault who entering to her world farther, but it’s also Taehyung’s fault who make her lonely. It’s not like i don’t know about Taehyung, I know about his new life in new workplace with the new work-mates. I know that now he works with Jung Soohyung - his ex. But what can I say? 

“Yoongi-ssi,” Taehyung and I are meeting after the office hour at our usual dinning lounge. “Thanks for being such a good friend to Rena.”

Eh? I lift my face to see him. “What do you mean?”

“You know, my new job is really take my time. I even don’t have time with my phone. This work and work hour really kill me!”

“But the salary is so good, huh?” I try to give some joke. 

He laughs as he nods. 

“How about Soohyun? There’s something called unfinished business about you two?” I question in sarcastic tone.

Taehyung looks at me in shock face. “There’s nothing like that between us.”

I just nod.

“Rena must be so jealous to her,” Taehyung sighs. “I can’t help her about that. You know, I saw she cried for many times. Like last Saturday, I found her at the backyard alone. She’s not crying but she looks like a statue. So expressionless.”

“So, you don’t have intention to make her happy?” I say in a high tone. I can’t help to control myself. Taehyung must be find it weird.

“I have!” Taehyung says louder. “Maybe I can’t give her my time, but I give her anything! Like flowers, delicious foods, and anything that she wants.”

I shake my head. “That’s not what she wants.” I should do something to make he realizes. “Listen, if you can’t make she happy, I will!” after said that, I leave him alone.

Aigo~ How come I break our relationship? 

I drive my car back to my apartement then laying on my bed. My head is so full with things. Rena, Taehyung, holiday, my credit card debt, my work, and blablabla. I pull my phone from my suit’s pocket and open the photos gallery.

 

I smile when I see Rena’s photo. She always look good on the camera. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter