Be My Rebound, Please?

[SUGA's One Shot] Be My Rebound, Please?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rena’s POV

 

We have our sat-nite dinner as usual : eat, busy with our own phone, less talking, finish dinner, then he drive me home. He kisses my cheeks as he says good night and after I say good night, too, he left. I watch his car move away from my apartement before walk to my flat.

Taehyung and I are together for almost three years. We have a sweet story behind, how we can be together three years ago, how Taehyung always be a sweet and nice guy, and how he always trying to get my heart for two years. Taehyung is still a sweet and nice guy, but he changed. Or we changed. Anything changed. We’re no longer talking all night long by phone or talking to each other when we met.  

We met, eat, kissed, then had . And in the morning; we woke up, kissed, had , took a shower, had breakfast, then he left. So boring. I know our relationship isn’t healthy anymore. We need to talk. A seriuos talk about our relationship.

“Taehyung-ssi, we need to talk,” I said a few months ago when we’re at the car.

“About what?” he asked.

“About us.”

“Us? What happen with us?”

“I think our - “

“Ah, finally we find this place!” Taehyung cut my word. I turn my neck to see the place that we head to attend our collague’s wedding party. “What will you said before?” he asks as he parks the car.

“Nothing. Never mind,” I say coldly. 

That’s it. We never had a serious talk about our relationship. It’s always happen when I will talk to him. I don’t know that he did that in a purpose or not. I entering my flat, turn on all light then sit on my couch. I check my phone; it’s 9.49 pm. Too early to come back home. But Taehyung said he has meeting tonight. So, I call someone to accompany me tonight. Taehyung . What kind of meeting he has at this time? If I get him cheating on me, I would kill him for sure!

“Jinah! Where are you?” Jinah is my best friend since we work at the same company and the same department. “I’ll go there. Wait for me.” I hang the phone then leave my flat again.

I meet Jinah in 80 Degree bar & lounge, our favorit hang out place. She’s with her boyfriend, Donghyuk, and a couple of friends sitting on an oval table at the corner, enjoying their wine while chatting and laughing.

“Rena-ya! You’re here!” Jinah greets me. 

I greet her back as we stick our right and left cheeks. “Yeah, I’m here...” I shrug. “Hi, I’m Rena, Jin Ah’s friend,” I introduce my self to the boys who sitting beside Jinah and Donghyuk. 

“Hi, I’m Junhoe,” one of them with a dark-blue beannie offer me his hand. “You can call me June.”

“I’m Jinhwan. Come and sit!” Jinhwan make a space for me to sit. And then he wave his hand to the waiter and ask for more glass.

“Where’s Taehyung?” Jinah asks. “I thought you come with him.”

I wave my hand as I roll my eyes. I drink the wine that Jinhwan poured for me. “Thanks.”

“You fought again?” Jinah asks.

I shrug my shoulder. “Maybe no... Maybe yes... I don’t know...”

“Omo, don’t say you haven’t talk to him!” Jinah close her head to me. Our head meet at the center of table. 

“Yep... As always...” I said.

“Oh, dear...” Jinah changes his sit next to me, make Donghyuk, June, Jinhwan, and I move our . Then she talks to me with a low tone. “Have you check his phone?”

I shake my head. “That’s rude. I hate if someone see my phone without my permission, so - “

“That’s not rude if you are a couple!” Jinah cut my word. “You said that Taehyung’s changed, right? How if it’s because of other woman?”

I shake my head. “Taehyung isn’t kind of that guy, Jinah.” Or I make myself believe that.

“I know,” Jinah sighs. “But, Taehyung is just a human and a man.”

I shrug my shoulder again then sipped a wine. Again, I refuse to admit my feeling.

--------------

I am so lonely.

In office (Taehyung got new job in other company six months ago) I feel so lonely, but thanks to Jinah and other work-mates, i’m not really feel  that kind of feeling. 

But, when I’m at home, i feel so gloomy. I have no one to talking, to lean when I’m tired, or someone to laughing with. I am so lonely.

I want call Jinah but I’m tired listening her nagging me about Taehyung and our relationship. I hate listening that because I know she’s right but I refuse to admit that.

Tonight, I was enjoying my lonely dinner time when my door knocked. I stop eat and walk to the door.

“Who’s there?” I ask as I open the door.

“It’s me,” Taehyung is standing  in front of me, hold a bouquet of flowers. He’s smiling wide and I can’t hold myself to not smiling, too. “Happy monthlyversarry!” He kisses my lips slightly.

I still shock with what happened. Taehyung come here and give me a surprise? Wow... What in the world makes him remember our date? Is Taehyung back to the Taehyung I ever know?

“Thanks,” I hand the bouquet and let him in. 

“Have you eat?” He asks.

“I had my dinner,” I say. “Have you eat? Wanna eat something?”

Taehyung hold my hip and pull me closer. “I just wanna eat you,” he whispers, make me laugh.

“But your tummy said that you need a real meal,” I kiss his lips lightly then step to the kitchen. “Come, I made a lasagna for dinner.”

Taehyung sits on the dinning chair, wait for the food with happy face. Oh, I really miss him like this.

I give him a big slice of beef lasagna then he starts to eat. I’m watching him as I have mine. I don’t wanna miss this thing. Because I really miss him. But then his phone beeped and he takes out its from his pocket’s suit. Oh, no again... He’s busy with his phone, typing something to someone. Sometime he giggles and chuckles.

“Who are you chatting with?” I ask.

“A Friend.”

“A Friend? Who?” It’s weird. Taehyung never hide his friend name like this before.

“Soohyun,” he says.

“Soohyung?” I narrow my eyebrow. “Jung Soohyun?” my voice tone rising. 

“Yes. That Soohyun,” he says without looking at me.

“You texting with your ex-girlfriend?” I ask with high tone. Damn it! I lost my appetite. “Since when?”

“What?” he asks without looking at me.

“Since when you keep in touch with her?” I try to keep my voice low. But, But, i feel it's trembling and horrible.

“We work at the same company,” he says as he looks at me. “I told you before.”

Let me recall my memory. When he told me about Jung Soohyun being his work-mate. No, he never told me.

“No! you never told me before,” I say.

Taehyung looks at me before he looks at his phone again. “Really? Yeah, I just told you then.”

“What?” I can’t believe Taehyung can be this cool. 

“Oh, come on... That’s not a big deal.”

NOT A BIG DEAL HE SAID??? Omo... I feel so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter