Music Lesson Pt 2

Love In The Ice

Days had passed quickly without you realizing it. You were extremely worried since you were not very good at music, though you had put in a lot of hard work in it.

Thanks to your weird teacher, you didn't have much time to prepare for the performance, so both you and Jisun decided to go for the easy way. You two chose to play a piano duet since it was the only musical instrument that you two knew how to play. You picked a not so demanding piece and practiced a lot during the week, silently hoping that Mr. Lee wouldn't be too picky about it, * God knows what he would do to us if he doesn't like it. *

 

On the other hand, the two music geniuses had no problem regarding the upcoming performance. Yoochun had nearly finished his work on that day. All he needed to do now was to make a few minor changes to polish his song.

Changmin, who had much inspiration once he thought of you, had soon finished his task without much effort. After a few hours' work, he was finally satisfied with his own work, * I hope you would open up to me after you have listened to my song, ~~~~~~~ -ah," he softly smiled to himself as he once again studied his work.

 

Soon later, you had your music lesson again. Although you weren't doing the best in the performance, at least it ran smoothly, while most of your classmates didn't even prepared well.

After your performance, you and Jisun quickly ran back and seated in your seats, "I think we're fine," Jisun lightly squeezed your hand and you gave her a small smile.

"Next," Mr. Lee drew lots and then read out the names on the paper, "Park Yoochun and Shim Changmin."

"Mr. Lee," Yoochun cleared his throat, "We wrote a song and we are going to perform it."

The teacher simply nodded. He had high expectations to the two since they always excelled in his class.

Yoochun walked towards the piano and slowly sat down, while Changmin grabbed a microphone, looking at each other. With a nod, Yoochun began to ran his fingers on the keyboard. Soon Changmin came in and both of them did the harmonization.

(Play the song Love in the Ice)

You were originally having a small chat with Jisun when Changmin started to sing. Then listening to the lyrics, you slowly focused on their song. You looked at Changmin and found that his gaze was locked onto yours. You blushed a bit but couldn't move your gaze, feeling as if Changmin was singing only to you, telling you to let go.

 

Your small, cold hands and trembling lips

Able to carry on as if nothing has happened

 

Are you afraid of remembering someone?

Struggling to swallow the words bubbling up to your lips

 

Your back view resembles falling white snow

Melting bit by bit

 

Just like the star that doesn't leave the dark night sky

We’ll carry this dream forever together with love and trust

If I were that person

Once again

I’d hug your hardened heart tightly in my arms forever

 

Against the wall of reality

Even the coldest of hearts

At the end of the flowing tears

 

The fuzzy stream of light

Shines brightly in the darkness

Passing through that time

 

Able to feel each other's body heat

In the heart that stops breathing

 

Everyone has scars and heavy sighs

I'm trying to find that space in time when I can draw you into my arms

 

I can’t believe how just whispering to you make me so nervous

Till we can be together in my world

 

Alone in the end of time, my heart

Don't be afraid because you were left alone

Till the end of time I'll let you know my love

I'll protect you, you know

Because I love you, I’ll let you know my love

 

Just like the star that doesn't leave the dark sky

We’ll carry this dream forever together with love and trust

If I were that person

Once again

I’d hug your hardened heart tightly in my arms forever

 

You eyes moistened a bit, * Did he just say he wrote the lyrics himself? Probably he is trying to cheer me up. As much as I want to let go, I still need more time for me to heal, * you sighed, * Seems like the melody has much emotion in it...or is it just the lyrics that I makes me feel this way? *

The song had stopped and everyone clapped.

"Beautiful!" Mr. Lee exclaimed, "You are such gifted young men! I wonder who is your muse!"

"Actually, my friend has inspired me in a way," Changmin confessed, his eyes never left yours, "So I want to dedicate this song to her," he smiled.

"Her?" you heard some fan girls hissing in envy. In fact you were also surprised with that statement, * Could it be? *

"Must be talking about you," Jisun whispered to your ear, making your face flushed pink, "Do you think Changmin -sshi has a thing for you?"

"No!" you blurted and quickly shook your head. Nevertheless you looked into Changmin's eyes, hoping to find evidence to support Jisun's point.

Then the two boys made their way back to their seats, which were right behind yours.

"Just to let you know, ~~~~~~~ -ah, it IS you," Changmin whispered, loud enough only to let you hear.

You slightly blushed, feeling sudden warmth in your heart, * He is really good to me, * "Thank you oppa," you softly smiled.

* Does she forget about me composing this song? Or does she not realize that I wrote it also because of her? * Yoochun sighed and drifted into deep thoughts.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please comment!