Where is she?

Always at your side

The changing room was noisy as the boys changed back into their street clothes, the staff busy rushing about packing up their gear.

Dae searched through his backpack for the third time, this time dumping it's contents onto the floor.

"Hey, you guys, have you seen my phone?" Dae asked.

"Lost it again hyung?" Jongup said shaking his head.

"No..i didn't, it was here..." Dae said, flustered.

"But you can't find it? We call that lost Jung Daehyun." Himchan quipped.

The other members chuckled.

He sighed, putting the contents back into his bag one by one. 

He set his bag on a nearby chair and pulled on his swearter, pulling the hood over his head and turned toward the door.

"Where are you going?" Youngjae called out.

"I'll...be right back."

"Tell her hi for us." Yongguk called out with a smile.

The other members laughed.

Dae couldn't help but smile to himself as he ran down the hallway.

He was kicking himself for not having her number memorized. But they'd planned to meet, so she must still be here, he just had to find her.

He returned to the stage area and peeked from the corner behind the curtain, just incase there were any fans still hanging around. 

There didn't appear to be anyone but staff left, so he moved out to the middle of the stage for a better view.

He looked about, but couldn't find her anywhere.

"Lost something?" one of the venue staff asked.

"Apparently.." he mumbled, giving one last glance before running off back toward the room. 

"Maybe i just missed her." he thought as he opened the door.

"Where've you been, it's time to go." the manager said as soon as Dae stepped inside.

"I just.." 

"Come on , get your things."

"But-" Dae stammered, confused at the sudden rush.

"Daehyun, it's time to go."

"Hyung, have you seen my phone, it's missing and Im looking for someone...we were supposed to meet."

"Well, did you find them?"

"No, but-"

"Maybe they went home. Come on, we gotta go. And I haven't seen your phone, you probably left it at the dorm."

 

Dae looked about, not sure what to do.

Where would she have gone? She knew they were meeting.

He'd told her they would talk afterward.

He sighed. He'd been looking forward to this since the day he invited her to the show.

He was dying to see her, talk to her, hold her...

Tell her he loved her...

 

Had she decided not to come after all?

His heart ached suddenly, and he shook his head.

"Let me check just once more.." Dae pleaded, turning to leave. 

"We are leaving now Jung Daehyun, get your things and take them to the van!" the manager said sternly.

All commotion in the room had stopped.

Yongguk approached the two. "What's going on?"

"Hyung," Dae said looking at him with pleading eyes. "I lost my phone, Ellie is supposed to be here, I promised to meet with her..but he keeps insisting we have to go."

Yongguk looked at the manager. "What's the rush? We don't have anything to do right now, we have to wait for everyone to pack up, let him look for her." he said before turning back to Daehyun. "You don't remember her number?"

Dae's gaze dropped as he shook his head sadly.

"C'mon." Yongguk moved to stand between the manager and Daehyun as he opened the door, letting Daehyun out into the hall.

Yongguk and Daehyun walked down the hall again to the double doors.

Yongguk pushed the door open just enough to peek out.

Seeing that it was safe, he and Dae stepped out into the seated area. 

Dae moved to the middle of the venue and looked about hopelessly. 

There was no one.

Why would she leave? he thought to himself. 

With a deep sigh he turned and headed back toward Yongguk.

That was it. 

This was his last chance to see her before they had to go on tour. 

There was no telling when he might get a chance to see her again.

"Don't worry." Yongguk said seeing the look on his face. "I'm sure there's a good explanation. And as soon as this tour is over, I'm demanding they let us have a break, or there will be consequences, ok?"

Dae nodded slowly as the two of them headed back inside to the waiting room.

 

Maybe he could call home later and get her number from his mom.

Didn't seem like he had any other choice at the moment.

He grabbed his bag and slung it over his shoulder.

"You couldn't find her?" Youngjae asked as he gathered his things. 

Dae shook his head sadly.  "What's with the sudden rush to leave?" he asked Youngjae quietly.

Youngjae shrugged and shook his head. 

"You really didn't take my phone?" he asked Youngjae, giving the room one last look over.

Youngjae shook his head. 

"Where on earth did it go?"