EunHae

SHinee Cafe

It was a relatively quiet afternoon at the Shinee Café. Key was teaching Taemin some new recipes in the kitchen with Jonghyun watching them. Of course, the diva also forced the blond to do dishes as well so he wasn't there being too distracting. Onew found this to be a good sign for the singer, since it showed that Key was starting to accept Jonghyun. The oldest figured it was close to the point where Jonghyun's patients would finally work out in the end. Ryeowook was working on some songs for an event Leeteuk was running. He had asked the pianist to write something for it as a special treat for the guests. As for Minho, Onew wasn't sure where he was. The youth would come in and work and then would disappear for long periods of time if it was slow. His breaks were getting to be long and Onew was curious to know where he kept going.

"Still no Minho yet?" Taemin's voice suddenly broke his thoughts.

Onew jumped and look at the youngest in surprise.

"I thought Key was teaching you?"

"Oh he was, but now he's too busy flirting with Jonghyun to be of any use." Taemin explained with a grin.

Onew blinked at this information and stared at the youngest with surprised eyes. Taemin grin turned into a smirk and nodded his head. The eldest was surprised but could only smile in response. Perhaps Jonghyun was making a big impact with their diva after all. And then the first part of his sentence came back to mind.

"Wait, you know about Minho?"

"Well I know where he's been disappearing off too lately." the other replied mysteriously.

Onew grabbed the youth by the arm and forced him to sit down on the bar stool by the counter.

"Start talking."

Taemin laughed but did as he was told.

"You know that new sports shop that opened up around here?"

"2PM right?"

"Yeah, well Minho has been going in there all the time."

"Well he does like sports, he plays a lot of football you know."

"Yeah sure, sports is why he goes in there." Taemin agreed sarcastically. "Look there is this worker there from Thailand. His name is Nichkhun or something. Minho is absolutely crazy about him."

"You're kidding!"

"Nope! I'm telling you, Minho goes into the shop to see this guy. I should know, he drags me in there all the time."

"Well I'll be…" Onew muttered under his breath. He was about to add something when the familiar jingle of the door caught their attention.

The pair looked up to greet their new customer and were surprised by who was there. He was a handsome man, probably a few years older than Onew. He had pale smooth skin and dark brown eyes. His hair was short and a dark red and he wore a pair of classy business clothes. The man nodded to the pair behind the counter before he took a seat at a booth near the window. He didn't say anything and made no attempt to look at the menu as he glanced at the fancy watch on his wrist and then out the window. A hand popped up to catch his chin as he stared out with a slight bored expression on his face.

Onew was about to head over to the man when the door opened again and Minho walked in. The man had a pleased look on his face and his cheeks were flushed slightly. Onew raised an eyebrow at this and Taemin smirked. Minho, feeling eyes on him, looked over at the counter and looked sheepish at being caught entering. Quickly making his way over to the counter he gave a quick bow to the pair and a muttered apology about his absence. Onew wanted to ask questions but he had a customer so he sent Minho over to get the man's order. Minho was quick to do so.

"Welcome to Shinee Café!" He said cheerfully with a smile. "Can I get you anything today?"
"Do you have strawberry milk?" The man asked curiously.

"Err, yes we do but its only in carton form. It's usually for our younger customers." Minho explained with a curious look on his face. This was the first time anyone close to their age asked for such a drink.

"Oh that's okay. I like strawberry milk, so I'm use to drinking it out of cartons." The man replied with a twitch of his lips.

Minho nodded in reply and quickly went into the kitchen. Passing by the flirting Jonghyun and Key, apparently he missed something earlier today, he opened the fridge and grabbed a small carton of strawberry milk. Making his way back to the customer he avoided eye contact with Onew and Taemin as the pair stared at the drink of choice with curious expressions on their face. He placed it down in front of the man and was awarded with a bright gummy smile and slightly wrinkled eyes. Minho found himself smiling back and asked if he needed anything else. When the man shook his head no he gave a small bow and went back to the counter where he knew he was about to be interrogated.

"So…" Onew began once he was at the counter.

"I'm sorry I was out for so long…." Minho began quietly. "I was visiting a store and lost track of time."

"So I've been hearing. Now I won't tell Leeteuk Hyung that you were out so long, but you have to tell me more about the store and this Nichkhun person."

Minho shot a dirty look to Taemin who pretended to look innocent but it was obvious he was holding his  laughter. Minho sighed and leaned against the counter. He knew he was caught and began to tell them about his new friend at the sports shop he visited a lot. He kept saying that Nichkhun was just a friend but the identical disbelieving looks from his friends indicated that neither believed him on that story. In fact the blush on his face indicated something completely different.

"Just curious, we aren't going to lose you're employment to this new store are we?" Onew asked at one point. It seemed Minho was really comfortable in this new store and got along well with everyone, he would hate to have lost the younger man to it.

"No hyung, I like it here too much to leave. It's just a fun store to go into."

"Lots of eye candy apparently." Taemin said with a laugh as he went into the kitchen.

"Brat." Minho muttered with a glare.

"Oh hush, you love him don’t lie."

"Most days." Minho added with a chuckle.

Onew laughed as well and turned to their new patron. The man was currently sipping his strawberry milk with a bored look on his face. Every so often he would look at his watch and then out the window. Onew had a feeling that he was waiting for someone, perhaps a date, and that person was running late. However before he could look more into the café began to get busy again.

The cafe stayed busy for a couple more hours before it died down again. Throughout the whole time Onew noted how every time the door opened the red haired man would raise his head expectantly before a disappointed look would cross his eyes and he would look away. It was obvious he was starting to get upset about the whole situation. Onew wondered who this mysterious person their customer was waiting for and hoped they would arrive soon. The café was about to close for the day.

The red headed customer let out a frustrated sigh and abruptly got to his feet. Coming towards the register he had the expression of someone who was clearly stood up on a date. Muttering that he was done and thanks for the service he paid the amount for the couple of strawberry milk cartons that he drank. With one last look across the café towards his seat he sighed, dropped his shoulders, and exited the café.

Not even a few minutes after the red head was out of sight a second male came running into the café.  This man was very handsome looking with wavy brown hair and brown eyes. He had an air of childish innocence and seemed to be the type to always be smiling and having fun. At this moment however, he seemed short of breath and panic looking. He wore a simple pair of sweat pants and a loose beater. Taking a moment to catch his breath he frantically looked around the café before coming to the register.

"Um, excuse me. Did a red headed man come in here earlier?" He asked in a hopeful voice.

"You just missed him." Onew replied with a small sympathetic smile. The man's face absolutely crumbled at this. He should have realized this was the person the red head was waiting for. Glancing over at the table he noticed something resting on top of it. But before he could get a view of what it was the door to the café opened again. The two turned towards the door and were surprised to see the red head there.

"I'm sorry, but did I leave my cell phone here?" He asked before trailing off.

"Hyukjae!" The man cried happily as he went over to the male.

"Donghae…forget it, I'll come back later for it."

The red head, now named Hyukjae, turned to leave the café but before he could the other male, Donghae, caught his hand. Hyukjae turned with an annoyed look on his face towards the other.

"Let go." He said darkly.

"I know you're mad. I'm really sorry. My class went longer than expected." The other replied quickly. "Please forgive me."

"You're three hours late! How is that coming down to your class being long!" Hyukjae snapped back as he tried to pull his hand out of the other's grip. "You said to give you a chance and I did, and you are too late. I'm leaving Donghae."
"NO! Please! Let me make it up to you. Give me a chance! Please." The other pleaded with deep puppy dog eyes.

Hyukjae looked like he was trying to resist. But Onew could tell from his position that those eyes had the desired affect Donghae wanted. He finally sighed and looked away.

"Fine, I'll give you a second chance…" He muttered.

Donghae's face lit up at this and he suddenly hugged the other male tightly. Hyukjae was clearly embarrassed by this and was blushing something fierce but he made no effort in removing the male from his body. Once Donghae was done with his bone crushing he loosened his grip. Onew took that as he cue and went over to lead the pair to the table that the red head was at earlier. Hyukjae pocketed his phone and then sat across from the excited male. Donghae had a bright smile on his face as he ordered some hot chocolate. The other ordered another carton of strawberry milk. Onew smiled at the pair as he went to the kitchen to make the drinks. Inside the kitchen he saw everyone sitting about.

"Alright, we got a pair of late customers. It seems the red head's date finally arrived."

"But hyung, we have to close soon." Jonghyun reminded him as he looked at his watch.

"I know but it's obvious that they actually really like each other. So start cleaning up but don’t give them the indication we are closing. Let's keep it open as much as possible."

"Okay hyung." The other four agreed while Ryeowook nodded his head with a smile.

"Okay, Key I need a hot chocolate and a strawberry milk. Minho, clean up the kitchen area and take the trash out. Jonghyun you and I will clean up the main floor of the café. Ryeowook, if you don’t mind staying a bit late can you play some more for the two?"

"Sure! I have the perfect song in mind for them." Ryeowook agreed as he went out of the kitchen to his piano.

"What about me hyung?" Taemin asked curiously.

"You are to head home." Onew declared. "It's already late and you have school in the morning. When Key is done with the drinks he can walk you home."

"But Hyung! I want to help too!" The youngest complained.

"I know, but you remember the deal. School comes first no matter what. Even Leeteuk hyung would agree with me on this one."

"Is hyung okay with us keeping the place open late?" Jonghyun asked curiously.

"I think he will be once he hears the story. Now, stop stalling and go to work. As soon as their little date is done we close for the night. I thank you in advance for this."

"It's so not fair that I can't help." Taemin complained as he walked away.

Onew did feel bad about that, but he made a promise to the kid's parents. They would allow Taemin to work at the café, when they actually wanted him to focus more on school, as long as Onew sent him home at curfew every night and helped keep his grades up. As long as both of those were kept than they had no problems. Onew has been really good at keeping those promises and he would continue to as long as it took to keep Taemin with them.

"I'm sorry Taemin. But your education comes first. That is the deal. Now head home."

Taemin pouted but didn’t argue the matter anymore. When Onew put his foot down, there was nothing changing the answer. That was why he was the manager of the café when Leeteuk wasn't around. He was his own type of leader required for the place. Once the youngest left the others went to work cleaning up the place. Onew took the drinks and went to the café area.

"So you work at an aquarium?" Hyukjae asked curiously. "That's almost fitting. Seeing as your name means East Sea."

Donghae laughed at this.

"I know. When my parents found out they said it was fate. It pays the bills. I also teach dance. Which is why I was so late."

"You are a multi-talented person." Hyukjae replied with a smile. He popped his chin up on a hand.

"Thanks." Donghae blushed and distracted himself with the drinks that Onew placed in front of them.

"You know, I'm curious to know what finally gave you the guts to ask me out?" The red head said as he fiddled with his drink. Donghae nearly chocked on his own.

"Eh?"

"Well my hyung says that you have the hugest crush since forever and I'm curious to know why you finally approached me now." Hyukjae smirked at him. "I was beginning to think I was going to have to make the first move."

"Y-you knew?!" Donghae sputtered in shock.

"For a while. Your hyung is good friends with mine and apparently told him all about it. Since I work with my hyung he told me everything. I'm really flattered. I never knew you enjoyed my dancing so much that you picked up a side job teaching it."

Donghae was blushing brightly at this. Onew was cleaning up some tables nearby and nearly snorted at their conversation. It was obvious that the red head was clearly as interested in his date as he let on. Hyukjae reached over and caught the other's hand.

"You know, I think you are really cute. I'm glad that I accepted this date. And gave you a second chance despite being so late."

"I know, I know. I owe you one."

"Yes you do." A dark smirk twitched on his lips. "But don’t worry, I know exactly how you can pay me back."

Donghae blushed again at the lustful gaze aimed at him. Hyukjae smirked and took a sip of his strawberry milk. Onew had to bite his lip to not laugh. This was just too much. The pair continued to talk, Hyukjae making a point of causing the other to blush as often as possible before he happened to glance at the time.

"Is it really that late?" He asked in surprise.

"Does that mean this date is over?" Donghae asked in a sad voice.

"Huh?" The red head asked back in confusion.

"Well normally when some makes a comment like that it's an attempt to end a date early." The other explained in a sad tone. It was obvious he did not want their time to end.

Hyukjae chuckled at this and caught the other's hand. Bringing it to his lips he kissed the palm softly. Donghae blushed again but a smile crossed his lips.

"I don’t want this meeting to end. I'm sorry if I gave you that illusion. I meant that we must have been causing this place to stay open past hours. That's all."

"Oh.." The other muttered shyly, embarrassed at making the wrong assumption.

Hyukjae grinned as he popped his chin up on a hand again.

"You are so cute. I am really glad I said yes to this." He muttered softly.

"Hyukjae…" Donghae paused. "I really like you. And…and I really hope that this is something we can do again."

Hyukjae grinned at this.

"Of course, I want that too." He replied.

Donghae smiled brightly at this.

Hyukjae then got to his feet and pulled the other male to his own. Donghae allowed that to happened and was surprised when the other placed a small kiss on his lips. Hyukjae grinned and went to the counter to pay for their drinks. Onew took the money with a grin of his own.

"I hope you enjoyed yourself today." He said with a slight tease in his voice.

"Yes, thank you for keeping this place open late for us." He glanced over at this still shocked Donghae. "It was defiantly worth it."

"I am glad to hear that."

Hyukjae smiled that gummy smile of his and made his way to the door and opened it. The small jingle breaking Donghae out of his daze. The other man quickly turned to the red head. Hyukjae had a grin on his face as he held out a hand.

"You coming?" He asked with a grin.

Donghae smiled so brightly that it paled in comparison to anything else in the room. He bolted across the café to grab the other's hand and the pair left together, matching smiles on their faces. At the counter Onew grinned at this. He was surprised when he heard Ryeowook speak next to him.

"With the way things have been going lately, you guys could advertise this place as a good relationship starter. You are like a bunch of cupids or something."

Onew laughed at this and said he would consider it.

***

A week later Onew got a call from Leeteuk telling him that everyone was meeting at the café for lunch and to be prepared for it. Onew, glad with the warning, made sure everything was ready when all of his hyungs arrived. The first to arrive were Leeteuk and Kangin. The owner was quick to head to the counter to check up on the place and staff. Onew reassured him that everything was running well. Kangin merely nodded his greeting before leading his lover to their usual table. The next pair to arrive were Heechul and Hangeng, the former making a point of having the grandest of entrances possible. Onew bit his lip and smiled politely at the pair who made their way over to the others.  After them Yesung entered. The man gave his greetings to everyone as he made his way straight to Ryeowook. Smiling he pressed his lips against the pianist in greeting. Onew was curious to know what they were saying but before he could he was distracted by the door opening. Sungmin and Kyuhyun entered together the former telling something to the latter. They waved to Onew before going over to the table. A moment later Yesung and Ryeowook joined them, the piano player stating he was taking his break to Onew.

"Yah, Leeteuk why did you all insist we meet here for lunch?" Heechul asked as soon as everyone was seated.

"Oh you'll see in a moment. I think you will be pleased by it." Leeteuk replied calmly as he glanced at his watch. "It won't be long now."

The others were curious by this response but no one commented. A minute later the bell jingled and everyone raised their heads expectantly to the door. Onew did the same and grinned when he saw who entered. Hyukjae and Donghae entered the café, their hands clasped together as they spoke softly to each other. Hyukjae had a soft smile on his face as he listened to the other speak. Glancing up he saw the other's watching him. A blush appeared on his face but he smiled brightly.

"Hyung!" He called as he dragged Donghae over to the table.

"Hyukjae!" Leeteuk replied as he rose to hug the other. "I'm glad you made it."

"Thank you for inviting us." He replied respectfully before tugging Donghae next to him. "This is Donghae."

"So you're the one the fish has been talking about all the time." Heechul replied instead.

"Hyung!" Donghae was surprised to see the other there. "You know Leeteuk shi?"

"It's hyung." Leeteuk added quickly.

"And yes fish, I do. We are friends. I was the one who told him about your obvious crush on the monkey." Heechul replied with a smirk. "You should be thankful that I made the effort for you."

"Monkey?" Hyukjae repeated curiously.

"Heechul hyung likes to give nicknames to everyone." Donghae explained.

"Ah…" Hyukjae was trying to decide if his was supposed to be nice or not.

"I approve of you two." Heechul then added with a grin before scooting over to allow them to sit at the already cramped table.

The pair sat down and everyone went through the customary introductions. When they were finished Leeteuk waved Onew over. The man grinned as he came up with his notepad and glanced at his owner.

"Teukie hyung, you keep adding people to your group and we are going to need to start combining tables to fit you all." He joked lightly.

"Oh don’t worry, we'll make it work." Leeteuk replied. "After all the more the merrier right?"

"Right hyung." Onew agreed with a smile.