TVXQ Visits

SHinee Cafe

It's been over one year since Leeteuk had taken over the SHinee Café, and during that time the business has boomed to something big. Besides befriending their hyung, the five young men who ran the café found themselves with 14 new regular customers. They also had two sub regulars whenever Hangeng's cousins came to visit. They throw a lot of parties when that happens actually. The café had gone from a quiet little spot between MBLAQ bookstore and B2ST game store into one of the more busier places in the area. They were becoming something big, and the five of them were really enjoying it. But with growing popularity comes shocking turns of events.

It all started innocently enough. Leeteuk decided to throw an anniversary party to commemorate the café's growing success and invited the whole gang. The party was to run throughout the whole day with discounts and new items and door prizes for all the customers that came in that day. It was a joint planning process between Heechul and Leeteuk and included something from everyone in their group. It was going to be a fun event for everyone. Onew was rather looking forward to it.

The day of the party started off well. Word of the event traveled far and they got customers from all over, including the MBLAQ and B2ST boys. Rain made his grand entrance as always before he went to Leeteuk to talk business, much to the MBLAQ's amusement. The ladies from Girls Generation stopped by much to the amusement of a lot of people when they were followed around the café by a parade of men.  When 2PM arrived the most excited was Minho who was right across the room and into Nichkhun's arms before Onew could finish his welcome greeting. Everyone laughed at that but Onew was happy to see the younger man so happy. Nichkhun has proven to be good for the other and the rest of his coworkers seem to have already bonded well with the rest of the Shinee staff. Everyone was moving around the café socializing and having fun when it happened.

There was a loud bang at the door and everyone gasped. And before Onew could realize what exactly what was going on everyone was bowing low towards the direction of the door. Even Onew felt himself automatically bowing even if he couldn't realize why. When the voice spoke, it all made sense, and made everything more interesting.

"Now, now, no need for that. We are just here to enjoy the café." The voice said.

Onew's head jerked up faster than ever and he stared wide eyed at one of more powerful men in Seoul South Korea. Jung Yunho, the son of the President of the country as well as a powerful politician himself, was standing in the entrance of the café looking around. He was dressed smartly in a three piece suite a stern but professional gaze on his face. The man stepped into the café and turned to hold out a hand to the man behind him, his eyes softening at the sight. Walking in next was Kim Jaejoong, the number one lawyer in all Korea as well as Yunho's well-known lover. It was rumored that the two have been together since the their high school days and had to fight their way to stay together.

"What do you think Boo?" Yunho asked his lover in a sweet voice. The change in voice and personality from his entrance almost made the rest of the café fall over in amusement.

"Well it looks like a nice place, I can see why the kids suggested it." The soft voice of Jaejoong replied as he looked around the café.

The 'kids' that Jaejoong was talking about ended up being two professional football(soccer) players and a scientist. When the first of the football players came into the café Hyukjae was the quickest out of his seat.

"SU!!!!!" The red head cried as he tackled the man.

"Hyuk!" Kim Junsu, midfielder for the Korean team, cried back as he hugged back. "I haven't seen you in so long! How have you been?"

"I know! It was like three years ago, I went to that match against Japan and you made me buy you dinner again. You lazy bum, you owe me at least three meals now."

"You cheapskate! That last meal you're complaining about was a lousy bowl of ramen. It barely touched your wallet." He complained as he hit the other on the back of the head.

"Hyukkie?" Donghae broke into the friendly banter curiously. The man came over and looked at the star player that his boyfriend was currently hugging.

"How do you know Kim Junsu?"

"Su and I are middle school friends." Hyukjae explained as he released the other man and took Donghae's hand. "Su, this is my boyfriend Donghae. He works at an aquarium here in Seoul and teaches dance to young kids in the area."

"Wow, a loser like you can actually get a boyfriend. How much you paying the poor kid." Junsu asked as he turned to catch the arm of the other star football player.

"This is Park Yoochun. He's my boyfriend."

"So the rumors are true about you two."

"What rumors, those two are always lips somewhere." The fifth and final person of the group spoke. "I'm surprise no one has actually gotten a picture of it to prove to everyone."

"Oh be nice Min." Jaejoong quickly reprimanded the young man.

Shim Changmin, leading scientist despite being the youngest of all of them in all of South Koreas big projects, bowed his head lightly but a teasing smile on his face.

"Sorry Umma." He said with a grin.

"One has to be the Umma of this group when dealing with you three." Jaejoong replied with a light eye roll but affection on his face. He turned to smile at Yunho. "Neh, Appa?"

"So Hyukjae-shi." Yoochun said, bring the conversation back to where it was before Changmin interrupted. "I've heard a lot about you from Su-ah."

"Really. All bad things I suppose."

"Not all, but quite a bit." The man agreed with a smile.

Hyukjae laughed at this, all gums and crinkling eyes and wrapped his arm around Junsu's neck. Junsu laughed as well, a sort of dolphin squawking sound, and Donghae soon joined in. Whatever insecurities that the fish may have had were quickly dismissed when Hyukjae turned to him with a smile that has quickly been dubbed special just for him. Their hands joined together, fingers quickly interlocking with each other.

Leeteuk, being the leader in their group and owner of the cafe, approached Yunho and bowed quickly to the man.

"Welcome Jung-shi. My name is Park Jungsu." He said politely. "I am honored that you have come to my café. What brings you here if I may ask?"

"I've heard about the growing popularity of this place and its ability in bringing in some high members of society." Yunho said with a smile. "I decided to come by and see for myself and I brought a long some of my closest friends. And of  course Jaejoong."

"I thank you for that. Well I do hope you enjoy yourself here." Leeteuk replied as he waved Onew over. "This is Lee Jinki, if need anything feel free to ask him."
"It's an honor." Onew said respectfully as he also bowed to the man.

"So what's the special occasion?" Jaejoong asked as he looked around the café.

"We are celebrating our one year anniversary of Jungsu-hyung becoming our owner." Onew explained with a smile. "He has brought a lot to this place and we couldn't be more grateful."

Jaejoong seemed to accept this answer as he smiled at Onew. Turning to the others he told them to enjoy themselves, and reminding Changmin to not eat the café out of business. Onew couldn't tell if he was kidding about that last one. The group all dispersed, each going to their own table or area to enjoy the café. Yunho and Jaejoong found a little two person table by the counter where they became all lovely dove towards each other, acting like a pair of teenagers on their first date instead of the president's son and a well-known lawyer. Junsu and Yoochun joined Donghae and Hyukjae at their table, starting an impromptu double date. Minho, who is already fond of Donghae was even more excited to serve two professional football players and was quick to head over there. Most of their conversation seemed to be Hyukjae and Junsu playfully attacking one another while their lovers watched on in amusement. Changmin headed to the counter where he proceeded to order such a long list of food Taemin's eyes bugged out. But when the tall scientist admitted that it was only a portion of what he would normally order the youngest member of their staff nearly fainted. Onew was amused by all of this as he turned his attention to the rest of the café, he noticed Leeteuk making his way over.

"Hyung." He greeted with a smile.

"When I had decided to throw an anniversary party about this place I wasn't expecting them to come." Leeteuk whispered almost frantically.

"But isn't that a good thing hyung?" Onew asked with a tilt to his head. "We have become so well known that even the President's son and his closest circle of friends came by. If a place can get the grace of that circle than they know they are doing well."

"Well yes, it's all we worked hard to do. But it doesn’t mean I was expecting them to just show up!" Leeteuk shot a look to the couple before biting his lip in concern. "What if they don’t have a good time, or something happens and they get mad. What if.."

"Hyung." Onew cut him off sternly. "You need to relax. Instead of looking at them as Jung-shi and Kim-shi, just think of them as two customers here to enjoy the festivities and each other. I bet they are pretty tired with everyone tip toeing around them like the littlest thing would set them off. They seem like really nice people. Let them enjoy their day without all the pomp and circumstance that comes with being high in the political food chain."

Leeteuk blinked at this and allowed a huge smile to cross his face. Laughing that trademark laugh he pulled the younger man into a tight hug.

"Oh Onew, I just knew it was a smart idea to make you a manager here." He said gleefully. "You are right. I am acting like a frantic little thing. I'll just head back to Kangin now. He's probably worried about me and everything. Thank you for calming me down."

"Anything for you Hyung. You know we all would do anything here for you." Onew replied sincerely.

Leeteuk smiled and released him. Patting him on the head he turned and made his way back to the table where his lover and Heechul and Hangeng were sitting. Onew smiled at the retreating figure. Looking around the café he saw that the two they were just talking about was watching him. Yunho waved him over once he saw that Onew was looking. Taking a breath of air to calm his nerves he approached the small table.

"How may I help you?" He asked politely as he pulled out his notepad.

"We'll have one of those couple drinks that seem to be popular around here." Yunho began with a smile. "And hopefully you can answer some questions for us."

"S-sure. I'll do my best." Onew bowed to them. Running to get their drink ready he brought it back in record time, for once not tripping over his feet from the pressure.

"Tell me, if Jungsu-shi took over the place a year ago who was in charge before." Jaejoong asked as he popped a straw in the drink and took a sip.

"If I remember correctly it was Kim Song-Lee." Onew replied, feeling a little embarrassed he couldn't remember his former boss. Things had just became so much better when Leeteuk took over that the rest kind of blurred away.

"Ah yes, I remember Rain talking about him." Yunho nodded his head slightly.

"You know Rain-hyung?" Onew asked curiously.

"Family friend. He was the one who told me about this place about a year ago. Said it had a lot of potential but the wrong leadership. I asked if he had someone better in mind and he suggested Jungsu. That's how it all started anyways. We offered your former boss a nice job outside of Seoul if he was to leave the café and Rain convinced your new boss to take over."

Onew reeled from the news. He never knew that there was such a back story to Leeteuk taking over the café. He just thought it was something in passing between Rain and the smiling man. Jaejoong seemed amused by his expression.

"You will quickly learn, that nothing is as it seems in the business world." He said casually.

"So you're telling me that everything that has happened in the last year was some part of a plan?" Onew asked as he tried to digest everything.

"No, that's not it. The plan ended once we got Leeteuk to take over the café, the success and growing popularity of this place was all done by you people." Yunho said with a wave of a hand. "I must say, the kid did far better than I had originally planned though."

"YOU call him a kid but you are actually younger than him, pabo." Jaejoong reminded him with an affectionate smile.

"Well he is young in the business world. Most of the things he has done was under his father's company and name. This café is the first that is entirely his. So yeah, he is a kid to me." Yunho countered back.

"If you say so." Jaejoong replied calmly. He turned back to Onew.

"Don't try to think about it too much. You are going to get a wrong idea in your head if you do. We don't mean any harm to you or this place, in fact by the looks of it the others seem to really love being here."

Onew turned to watch as the other three people that came with the couple was really having a good time. Changmin had found his way to Kyuhyun's table and the two were engaged in a deep conversation. It must be something related to just the two of them because Sungmin looked absolutely bored between them. But he did have an affectionate smile aimed at his younger lover. The double date between Hyukjae, Donghae, Junsu, and Yoochun was also moving along really well. The four of them seemed to get along really well, the friendship between Hyukjae and Junsu paving the way. Onew was glad to see they were having fun. He smiled back to the pair and bow deeply.

"I shall take my leave then." He said politely.

He stepped away from the couple and made his way to the kitchen. When he entered it he saw Key cooking up a storm and Taemin helping out as best as he could while Jonghyun was running in and out with different orders. Stepping to the side so he wouldn't be in the way he spoke to the cooking diva.

"Quite the surprise we got out there."

"So I've heard, but I have yet to see any of them since I've been so busy in here. It's almost frustrating. I've always admired Jaejoong-hyung's work as a lawyer and he's ten feet from me and I probably won't even see him." Key said with a sigh.

Onew blinked at this. He never knew that Key was into law or anything that the lawyer out there was a part of. Biting his lip he tried to come up with a way for the other to go meet his idol without running the risk of the café getting backed up on orders without the cook. Key, as if reading his mind, chuckled.

"It's wistful thinking hyung. Don’t fret over it. As long as they enjoy themselves I am happy."

Onew nodded but didn’t drop the idea of finding a way for the two to meet. He took another tray of food from Taemin and left the kitchen. Placing the drinks on a group of teenage girls table he smiled politely at them and moved to the next table. Bowing politely he took their order before making a short pause at Leeteuk and Kangin's table. The owner glanced up at him as soon as he approached.

"How can I help you Onew?" He asked right away.

"Hyung. Key wants to meet Jaejoong-shi. I guess he follows the lawyer's cases or something."
"Onew, they are customers. Not some pets at a zoo for people to come and watch." Leeteuk lightly chinned the young man. "You said we should treat them like regular customers."

"I know hyung." The other replied sheepishly. His hyung was right after all. "I'm sorry."

"It's all right. We will figure something out." Leeteuk promised the young man. Onew nodded his head and decided to make his rounds throughout the café.

"Onew! Come here!" He heard Donghae call from across the room.

"Yes hyung." The clumsy man approached the table. He tripped over a leg on a chair along the way and dropped to the ground. Everyone jumped in surprise but the young man hopped back to his feet like nothing was the matter. And for him, it was rather a common occurrence. When he reached the table he had a bright smile on his face.

"How can I help you?" He asked cheerfully.

"Wow, and I thought Hyuk was a klutz in his youth." Junsu muttered with a smile.

"I was a dancer, that does not make me a klutz!" The dancer argued with a huff.

"Say that to the stairs you went sliding down our sophomore year." The football player countered.

"Jerk."

"Loser."

Yoochun was chuckling next to the pair and Donghae had a face like he wasn’t sure exactly what to do. Onew was equally confused.

"Um…" He began, wondering what was going on.

"OH!" Junsu said as if remembering that he was standing there. Which was probably the case. "I was wondering something. Who is the person who cooks everything around here."

"That would be Kibum, we call him Key." Onew explained.

"Can I meet him?!" Junsu shot him a pleading look. "He makes a really good chocolate muffin and I want to know if I can get the recipe."

"Like you cook." Eunhyuk snorted to the younger.

"I can cook I'll have you know!" The other cried with a mock upset look.

"Su, you are the only person I know who can burn water." His friend replied.

Junsu replied by throwing his napkin at his best friend which the other replied with a gummy laugh and threw it back.

"Besides I'm not getting it for me. I'll have Jaejoong-hyung make it for me. He loves to cook."

"Which is important when you have a friend like Changmin who can eat anything." Yoochun added with a smirk.

"So I'd like to ask your cook for the recipe if that's all right."

"I'll ask him." Onew said with some hesitation. He wasn't sure if Key would be willing to part with any of his recipes. He was rather protective of them. However, seeing how much Key was idolizing Jaejoong perhaps he would be more willing.

Onew made his way back into the kitchen. He paused in the entryway as he watched Key effortlessly make several different orders at the same time. No matter how busy the café got, Key wasn't one to get stressed. He actually had a rather happy look on his face as he cooked. Onew knew it was Key one passion he enjoyed more than anything. Well besides rejecting Jonghyun…

"Key." Onew called.

"What order do you need from me? I'm almost done with tables 5, 7, and 13." Key replied without glancing back.

"It's not that. It's just a customer really likes one of your creations and was hoping he could get the recipe."

"Onew, you know I don’t like giving those out." Key said in an annoyed voice.

"I know, but its Junsu-shi. The famous football player. And he wants to give it to Jaejoong-shi to make…"

Key paused in his creations. Onew knew he had the others attention when he brought up the lawyer. The diva mulled the idea in his head as he finished up a couple more drinks. Setting them on a tray for Minho to bring out he turned to Taemin.

"I'll be right back. Do you think you will be fine for a few minutes?"

"Yes hyung, and if not I'll have Jonghyun or Minho go get you." The youngest replied with an encouraging smile. "Go on, you know you want to meet them."

Key hesitated for another moment before he took a deep breath. He nodded to Onew before he headed out of the kitchen, pausing momentarily to make sure that he didn’t have flour on his face or hair. Onew followed him out and the pair were surprised to see that Jaejoong and Yunho had joined the double date table. The now triple date table were chatting comfortably with each other. When Junsu saw the pair he jumped to his feet in excitement. That of course caused him to smack his lover in the face but Yoochun merely sighed in a way that suggested this happened all the time.

"You actually came!" He cried happily. He turned to Jaejoong and tugged on his sleeve like a little kid.

"Hyung! Hyung! This is the cook. He makes an awesome muffin you just have to make it for me again."

"Junsu where are your manners?" Jaejoong scolded him with a frown.

"I'm sorry Umma." Junsu replied with a down casted face.

"It's okay, you clearly get your manners from Yunho." Jaejoong said with a smirk on his face.

The president's son looked at his lover with a surprised look.

"Me? I have great manners I'll have you know BooJae." Yunho defended himself.

"Well he clearly didn’t get those manners from me." Jaejoong countered.

"Of course not." Yunho agreed without a second thought. "He clearly got them from Changmin."

"Yah! Hyung!" Changmin cried from his table with Kyuhyun. "I have manners!"

"Only when it involves Jaejoong and food you do. Otherwise you are anything but polite to the rest of us."

"Of course Hyung. You know what they say. Don’t bite the hand that feeds you!" Changmin replied cheeky.

"See, Junsu got manners from Changmin." Yunho concluded.

Jaejoong merely laughed at this. The others weren't so sure how they were to react and Onew had looked over at Hyukjae for an answer. However the other also had a confused look on his face. Onew decided to push Key forward, something the usually shy chef was not to happy about.

"Jaejoong-shi, this is Kibum. He is our chef here." Onew explained politely.

"I heard you make an amazing chocolate muffin. Were you also the ones who makes the drinks and pies here as well?" Jaejoong asked him with a smile.

Key merely nodded in shyness.

"Are you always this shy?" He asked next kindly.

"Hell no," Heechul cut in as he walked up to the group. "This brat is almost as much as a diva as me. And you know that takes something."

"That's for sure Heechul." Jaejoong agreed with a roll oh his eyes.

Onew decided he couldn’t be surprised that those two knew each other. There was something about their personalities that showed they probably were pretty good friends. Or enemies with benefits.

"Yah, brat! Talk to him already. You look like some brain dead idiot." Heechul added as he hit Key on the back of the head.

"At least I don’t look like some want to be girl. Have you see your outfit hyung. I think you're making the ladies from Girls Generation jealous."

Every looked at Key in surprise. The diva chef seemed to realize who he just mouthed off to and who was actually present. Heechul had a devious look on his face as he walked away. Across the café Onew saw Leeteuk send the diva a grateful smile. He began to realize what was going on.

"Oh good, you do have some bite to you." Jaejoong said with a grin. "Then again, having to deal with THAT all the time would mean you need to."

Key blushed in embarrassment but Jaejoong was smiling.

"I heard from someone that you are a huge fan of mine. When did you start following my cases?"

"Right after the Cheong-Song murder case." Key admitted. "I was so amazed with how you were able to connect all that obtuse evidence together to get a guilty verdict. It was really amazing."

Jaejoong glanced to the side to think back about that particular case. With a look of realization he looked at the chef.

"That was almost fifth teen years ago. You would have to have been a child."

"I was seven." Key elaborated. "I wanted to go into law myself but it was really expensive. I love cooking so much that culinary school was my next choice but I always took the time to look at your cases and read up at the library."

Jaejoong had a calculated look on his face as he looked over the other. He leaned over and whispered something to Yunho before smiling again.

"So, chocolate muffins."

Key chuckled at this and nodded with a smile. He asked Onew for his notepad and began to write down the recipe. Changmin, realizing what was going on, bolted towards the group.

"Umma! Umma! Ask about the strawberry cheesecake too! It was amazing!" The tall youth added as he practically bounced around them.

"Changmin, you should ask the chef and say please." Jaejoong scolded him.

"PLEASE!" Changmin said with a bow.

Key was chuckling as he nodded. Onew could tell that the tall scientist was probably spoiled by his hyung as Taemin was by them. But the bright smile and lopsided eyes were worth it. Key wrote down both recipes for the lawyer. Ripping the paper off, he handed it to Jaejoong. In return Jaejoong handed Key his card.

"I'm not working on any cases at the moment but if you ever want to come by my office I would like to maybe help you with that lost dream of learning law."

"I'm honored Jaejoong-shi, but I love working here." Key admitted with a smile. "This is my dream now, and they are my family. I don’t want to leave."

"Ah, spoken like a true umma of a group." Leeteuk said as he approached them. "But that doesn't mean you can't still check it out Key."

"Key?"

"My nickname here." Key explained to the group. They all nodded in understanding.

Yunho than glanced at his watch. The man nudged his lover before standing up.

"Well we have really enjoyed ourselves here, but it's time for us to head out. Let's get the bill all straightened out. Everyone write down what you got so we can pay."

"Oh I couldn't…" Leeteuk began but a hand held up stopped him.

"Don’t start, we were customers. We will pay for what we ate. Although we should make Changmin pay for his own. Heaven knows he probably racked that bill up again."

Changmin, who was in the process of writing what looked like a long list, just stuck his tongue out at Yunho. When they all were done they handed them to the President son. He did roll his eyes at the extensive list by Changmin but headed towards the register none the less.

Onew took the list and added everything up. When he was done he took the card that was offered and swiped it. After a flourish signature by Yunho the group was all paid for. Onew cleared his throat before the other could walk away.

"How did you know about Key being a fan of Jaejoong-shi?" He inquired.

"We got a text from Junsu who was told by that childhood friend of his. Who apparently was told to tell Junsu by your owner." Yunho explained.

Onew glanced over at Leeteuk who merely winked at him. Onew loved his owner…

"Remember, nothing is ever what it seems." Yunho said, echoing their conversation from earlier. "But you have a great business going on right now. I look forward in seeing it flourish into something big."

"Thank you, Yunho-shi." Onew said with a bow.

Yunho smiled friendly and turned towards his group. Junsu and Hyukjae were exchanging tight hugs and promises in meeting again in the future. Their lovers were shaking hands and grinning. Changmin and Kyuhyun exchanged Star Craft Id names so they could play against each other in the future. And Jaejoong had a sweet smile towards his lover.

"Let's head out."

And with that the five most influential people in all of Seoul left Shinee Café. There was a moment silence at their lacking presence before Leeteuk laughed his high pitch laugh.

"What a wonderful place we have here." He said with a bright smile towards all their friends and what was considered their family.

"I agree hyung." Onew said, and he looked forward in what the future brought for their little café.

The End