The Switch Ends?

The Switch
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hello, Minwoo minions~! ^^ This update is for AFF user BearLin, Mutya-eonni (for using the eonni card so I would update), Kassie (because she liked the finger- scene. ㄱ.ㄱ and I love her so much for her support), and of course for Beata~! :* My other fanfics are on hold until further notice.

Please enjoy and spread the Minwoo love~! ^.^

THE SWITCH (by kaijin-taichou)
1.4 – The Switch Ends?

Rating: PG or K+ (just to be safe)
Genre: AU; Humor; Crack
Main Characters: Kim Jinwoo, Kiritani Mirei, Song Minho,
Pairing: Minwoo; MinoxJinwoo; MireixMino
Summary: Jinwoo was Mirei's miracle. He came to her life at the moment she needed someone to become her.

==========

 

Awkward is awkward.

This was how Mirei would describe Jinwoo now. The heiress was trying her best not to pinch Jinwoo's cheeks for being so adorable. And Mirei was doing everything she could to stop grinning as she observed how Jinwoo looked at her head bodyguard.

Jinwoo would steal glances at Mino but would eventually turn his head somewhere else because Mino always caught him. Mino was able to do so because Mirei thought the bodyguard couldn't seem to take his eyes off of Jinwoo.

Mino has a habit of staring at whoever Mirei would talk to. It was somehow part of his job: to observe the people around Mirei. But once he is satisfied and sort of sure that that person wouldn't hurt Mirei, Mino would divert his attention to a new person or object and move on.

This time, however, Mino had been giving Jinwoo is infamous stare. The heiress mentally erased that thought. Mino's stare was not his usual doubtful stare. His stare was more of a curious glance, wanting to know Jinwoo more.

The kind of stare a person gives to someone he is crushing on. Mirei thought as she smiled widely.

"I realized that I haven't introduced the two of you to each other yet," the heiress said as they waited for their food at a high-class Chinese restaurant.

Mirei usually ate with Mino in such restaurants as though they didn't have a boss-employee relationship since she grew up looking after the younger guy than the other way around. Mino was like her younger brother: a message she failed to convey to Jinwoo.

"Mino-yah, this is my friend, Kim Jinwoo. He's also a Korean like you. I owe and trust him a lot so you can stop staring at him. I know he's very good-looking," the heiress teased.

"W-what?" Mino said angrily but Mirei was sure that Mino blushed a little. And she was too sure that Mino wasn't even aware that he blushed or he was staring at Jinwoo in a different way.

"Jinwoo-ssi, this is Song Mino, my head bodyguard. But I treat him as my younger brother. Too hot to be my younger brother, right?" Mirei smiled when Jinwoo nodded absentmindedly then drank the glass of water in front of him.

"And did you know that you can kiss a person you treat as a dongsaeng? Mino and I kissed recently," Mirei said casually.

Her last remark made the redder-than-a-tomato Mino say, "Yah!" But the best reaction was from Jinwoo.

He choked and spat the water he was drinking. Mino stood up because Jinwoo spat the water at him.

"I'm sorry!" Jinwoo told Mino as the latter sat down again and the former tried to wipe his coat with the table napkin.

"It's okay," Mino replied. The wealthy girl noticed that Mino was avoiding skinship with Jinwoo.

Mirei always liked cute things. And she found Mino and Jinwoo cute at that very moment.

==========

Mino nodded as Mirei asked him to agree to whatever she was telling to this Jinwoo guy.

The head bodyguard was eating quietly as he observed Jinwoo. Mino was also recalling his reaction when Mirei told him about the kiss.

He almost spat all the water inside his mouth on Mino's coat. But what was with that reaction? Maybe he wasn't expecting Mirei to do an act like that: casually kissing other men. And Jinwoo flustered a while ago. Could it mean anger and jealousy because Mirei kissed him?

"Mino-yah, this is my friend, Kim Jinwoo. He's also a Korean like you. I owe and trust him a lot..."

What did Jinwoo do that Mirei-sama owed him a lot? That he gained her trust?  And why did Mirei-sama have to tell him that I'm like her younger brother? Why did she have to clarify her relationship with me? Mino asked himself.

"...you can stop staring at him. I know he's very good-looking."

Mino knew how to acknowledge good-looking people. The gender didn't matter. But he never stared at them. Mino never looked at them and asked himself why their noses were perfect, why their skin were glowing. No. He never did that. Especially with guys.

Mino was aware that he was staring at Jinwoo, longer than the usual. He wanted to remove his eyeballs because they seemed to couldn't get enough of the guy's face.

The butterflies were still in his stomach but Mino thought he just wanted to poop.

==========

Jinwoo was walking quietly with Mirei who was talking to Mino about her meeting with her fiancé.

He wanted to run away. He wanted to end the switch.

Not because he wanted his life back (that was a reason too but just about 5% of his true reason) but Jinwoo couldn't take how comfortable Mirei and Mino were with each other.

As he heard the two laugh, Jinwoo closed his eyes and sighed. He was jealous of their relationship. They didn't have the boss-bodyguard vibe.

However, how comfortable Mino and Mirei were around each other confused Jinwoo. When he was pretending to be Mirei, Mino wouldn't even look at him without sighing. But seeing them now, they were like best friends.

Jinwoo observed Mino a while ago in the restaurant, the bodyguard wasn't looking at Mirei with those eyes that held a lot of questions. He wasn't giving Mirei the elevator look while biting his lower lip.

Mino wasn't giving Mirei the look he gave him in the garden when they kissed.

Was it because Jinwoo was there, ing his moves? The jealousy Jinwoo felt was driving him crazy.

He stopped walking and faced Mirei and Mino who were walking behind him.

"We need to talk," he told Mirei. Jinwoo knew the heiress was surprised so as Mino.

"Are you okay?" Mirei asked him worriedly as she held his right hand and squeezed it. Jinwoo looked at Mino, who looked at him as well before the bodyguard focused his attention to his and Mirei's hands.

Jinwoo knew Mino was jealous of him.

"What happened to your finger?" Mino asked him suddenly.

Jinwoo looked at his hand and cursed silently. He still had an adhesive bandage on his right index finger. He looked at Mirei nervously.

The heiress seemed to get his point. "Was that the cut you told me you had while preparing for your friends' snack?"

"Y-yes," Jinwoo replied.

"Is your finger okay now, Mirei-sama?" Mino asked his boss.

"Yes! Perfectly okay now," Mirei beamed then she looked at Jinwoo again.

"Kasumi-san's boutique is just a block away. We can talk there," Mirei told him.

Jinwoo nodded. Mirei walked beside him and hooked her left arm around Jinwoo's right arm while she leaned her head on his shoulder. Jinwoo wanted to stop her from doing it. He could feel Mino's death glare behind him.

As they reached the boutique, Mino held the doorknob but Jinwoo spoke.

"Mirei-san, I want to talk to you alone," Jinwoo emphasized the word alone.

"That is not possible," Mino told him.

"I won't kidnap her and take her away from you, don't worry," Jinwoo snapped.

"No. Talk here then. Just pretend you can't see me, Jinwoo-ssi," Mino let go of the doorknob and crossed his arm around his chest.

I wish I could pretend that I don't know you at all. Jinwoo wanted to tell him.

"Mirei-san, please?" Jinwoo pleaded.

"Mino-yah, just stay here. I'll be back right away," Mirei told her bodyguard.

"But—" Mino protested.

"Just this once, Mino-yah, please?" Mirei used some aegyo.

Mino sighed and opened the door for Jinwoo and his boss.

==========

"I don't want to pretend to be you anymore," Jinwoo started as soon as Mirei closed the door of clothing store's manager's office.

Mirei looked at the teary-eyed Jinwoo. She knew exactly why.

"If we stop this now, you won't be able to see Mino," she said casually.

"Yes, that's what I want— wait what?" Jinwoo looked at her with a horrified face.

Mirei laughed.

"You didn't tell me you two kissed," she . She watched with amusement how Jinwoo tried to hide his red face by fixing his hoodie.

"Do you like Mino?" Mirei asked. She fought the urge to giggle so hard when Jinwoo looked away and almost covered his face with his hoodie.

"I-I... w-what a

Please log in to read the full chapter