The Switch Changes Everything

The Switch
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hello, my fellow Minwoo minions~! I have sort of granted your request to "extend" this supposedly two-part one-shot. It is more than two parts and I am giving a double-chapter update. Beata, my friend, I AM SOOOO SORRY if I am not updating this as soon as I could. TT_TT And the Twitter convo we had, the first part got erased so I forgot how you wanted to end it~!!! TALK TO ME ON TWITTER PLEASE! LOL!

Anyway, I dedicate this to Kristine, for not pressuring me to update my fanfics (I don't really believe you though. LMAO!)

Please enjoy and spread the Minwoo love~!

THE SWITCH (by kaijin-taichou)
1.2 – The Switch Changes Everything

Rating: PG or K+ (just to be safe)
Genre: AU; Humor; Crack
Main Characters: Kim Jinwoo, Kiritani Mirei, Song Minho,
Pairing: Minwoo; MinoxJinwoo; MireixMino
Summary: Jinwoo was Mirei's miracle. He came to her life at the moment she needed someone to become her.

==========

 

Spending a month in Kiritani mansion didn’t mean Jinwoo would be used to living as a filthy rich person. He refrained himself from exploring the big house and just remembered the way going to important rooms. He was 100% sure that he would get lost.

Jinwoo understood why Mirei ran away. Being rich wasn't equivalent to happiness. He might have eaten food that only five-star hotels and restaurants would offer. But he was eating those alone in the lonely dining room, on a very long table with at least two bodyguards standing on his sides.

And a month of cross-dressing didn't mean Jinwoo would be used to it. Asuka-obasan had to help him get dressed and apply his make-up. Mirei-chan, wherever she was right now, made sure to supply him with clothes and accessories he needed. Not that he really needed those since Jinwoo just stayed inside Mirei's room.

Mirei's parents were in France and would be staying there for three months. The deities of luck were on the Japanese girl's favor, which means the ball of misfortune was on his side.

Jinwoo couldn't believe he was being controlled by a wealthy lady because of a freaking pair of sunglasses.

Two weeks ago, Jinwoo called Mirei. He told her that he didn't care about the sunglasses. He wanted to go home.

"But Jinwoo-ssi, I could make the world believe that you kidnapped me and you pretended to be me to get my money," the heiress threatened him sweetly.

It seemed like he was traumatized by sunglasses that he asked Mirei's head bodyguard, Mino, to order the other bodyguards to stop wearing the said eye accessory whenever he is around.

Jinwoo's daily problems didn't just revolve on what he would wear and how he would pretend to be the heiress, Song Mino was also included in his list.

He would bet his 15,000 yen in his wallet that Mino has a crush on Mirei. If it wasn't a crush, it was between love and lust.

Jinwoo had to wear his wig even when he was sleeping because the security team was checking on him every now and then, even during bedtime.

Regular bodyguards would just check if he was inside the room but Mino was different.

At first, Jinwoo thought the head bodyguard was only doing his job as the leader of the security team, so Mino would go to his (Mirei's) room then would stay there for about five minutes. But two weeks ago, Jinwoo felt Mino sat on his (Mirei's) queen-sized bed. The room was filled with deep and long sighing before Mino said,

"What have you done to me, Mirei-sama?"

Jinwoo knew Mino wanted to touch him, he could feel the hesitation on the other guy's movement. He was sure Mino was about to caress his face when Jinwoo's phone rang. Jinwoo opened his eyes and pretended that he just woke up and was shocked to see Mino, sitting on the bed beside him.

Jinwoo could tell that Mino panicked and stood up hastily.

"Y-your phone, M-Mirei-sama. It w-was r-ringing s-so I thought I… I-I s-should w-wake you u-up," a stuttering Mino told him.

It wasn't ringing before you sat on the bed and tried to "wake me up," Mino-yah. Jinwoo wanted to reply. But he pretended to be so sleepy that he just nodded.

He tried to reach out for his phone (which Mino suspiciously asked why his Mirei-sama was using an old phone model, in which Jinwoo answered that he had to sell his phone and change his number in order to plan the perfect escape, which unfortunately failed, which Mino believed) on the bedside table but the table was too far from his reach.

Mino was kind enough to give him his phone but Jinwoo panicked when he saw Mino frowned.

Luckily, Asuka-obasan and Mirei had told him to save the heiress' number and use "Kim Jinwoo-ssi" as her name.

As Mino gave Jinwoo the phone, their hands slightly touched. The guy-pretending-to-be-a-girl felt some kind of spark and he thought Mino's face flustered with hints of redness on the head bodyguard's cheeks.

Since the head bodyguard saw Kim Jinwoo-ssi as the caller, Jinwoo answered the phone and said, "Yeoboseyo?"

"Hello, Jinwoo-ssi! Why are you talking to me in Korean?" Mirei said on the other line, speaking in Korean as well.

"Normal people should be sleeping at this time, Jinwoo-ssi," Jinwoo stressed his name as Mino continued to watch him. His face told Jinwoo that he has many questions, including who the hell was Jinwoo, why was his boss talking to this Jinwoo guy at that time of the night, and why was his Mirei-sama speaking in Korean?

"Is Mino-yah around?" the Japanese girl asked.

Jinwoo turned his back on Mino before he answered "Yes." He wanted to ask the socialite if Mino was really that type to watch Mirei sleep. But he didn't want to risk it since Mino was also a Korean and could talk and understand the language.

"What?! I shouldn't have called you! I'm sorry! I'll call you tomorrow or please call me, okay? Good night, Jinwoo-ssi~" Mirei ended the call. When Jinwoo turned around, Mino was gone.

Jinwoo sighed as he exposed himself to the sun because he hasn't seen it for quite some time. He walked around the garden of Kiritani family's mansion.

He shouldn't be doing it because Mirei's nanny had warned him that even the Japanese lady's mom still gets lost inside the garden.

Jinwoo remembered one of the bodyguards had called the garden a maze.

The Korean guy walked around and appreciated the beauty of the garden while his mind was trying to answer some of his questions.

How come no one has noticed that he is not Mirei?

Was his acting really good and convincing?

Why did the whole Kiritani household think that he, their so-called Mirei-sama, was really upset about the failed escape plan that was why he has been spending every waking day in his room?

Please log in to read the full chapter