The Switch

The Switch
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hello, my fellow Minwoo minions~! Before you kill me, let me explain. I have no plans on making this kind of story. But my dear friend Beata began this twit-prompt: an AU fic where Jinwoo is backpacking in Japan and bumps to Kiritani Mirei who is running away from her family, with Mino as Mirei's bodyguard.

The idea was too good that I can't resist it. However, this one-shot became quite long and it doesn't have an ending yet so I decided to make it a two-part fanfic. And Beata, if you're reading this, send me a DM and tell me how you want to end this. I'll tell you what I've done so far. HAHAHAHAHAHA!

To those who don't have an idea who Kiritani Mirei is. She is a Japanese actress and model and the real Kim Rachel.

Please enjoy and spread the Minwoo love~! The last part of this two-part one-shot will be published once I talked to Beata. ^^ And I dedicate this one to Tin. Happy birthday, you shipwhore sweetie~! LOL!

THE SWITCH (by kaijin-taichou)
1.1 – The Switch

Rating: PG or K+ (just to be safe)
Genre: AU; Humor; Crack
Main Characters: Kim Jinwoo, Kiritani Mirei, Song Minho,
Pairing: Minwoo; MinoxJinwoo; MireixMino
Summary: Jinwoo was Mirei's miracle. He came to her life at the moment she needed someone to become her.

==========

Wanderlust.

He is a wanderlust. He loves to travel. His feet can take him anywhere. However, travelling hates him.

Kim Jinwoo has associated the word travel to lost. Again, he is lost. He could have accepted that fact if it was his first time in Japan. But he had been in the East Asian country for countless times.

Sighing, he looked again at his map and compass.

For heaven's sake, who uses a compass in Tokyo?

Jinwoo was very busy understanding his compass ("Go to northwest, okay… wait, what and where is northwest?") when he accidentally bumped onto a girl who was in a rush.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" Jinwoo said in Japanese.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" the girl apologized as well while picking up her stuff on the ground.

In Jinwoo's opinion, it was either the girl was going to the airport and would stay in a certain place for a very long time or she was running away.

She basically brought her entire house! Jinwoo thought.

After helping the lady to pick up her clothes (which were all branded), Jinwoo looked for his map and compass.

He was putting his map in his bag when the girl gasped.

"My sunglasses!" she screamed as she pointed at Jinwoo's right foot. The young guy looked at his right foot. Underneath it was a broken, shattered into pieces, brownish pair of sunglasses.

"Oh! I am so sorry! I really am!" he panicked so much that he bent down and tried to reassemble the eye accessory.

The young traveler heard the girl sigh. "Nah. It's okay. It's just a pair of sunglasses. It's just that I really need those today."

Jinwoo stood up and looked at the girl who looked at him at the same time. With eyes opened wide, both of them gasped.

It was as though Jinwoo was looking at a mirror but his reflection was showing a boho chic version of him, wearing a wig, a flowery maxi dress, and a summer hat.

The girl might have felt the same way, looking at her boy version.

They could be mistaken as twins.

"Wow," they both muttered. Jinwoo and the girl just stared at each other. After about two minutes of giving each other countless elevator look, the pretty lady grinned then spoke.

"Do you have sunglasses?" she asked him. Jinwoo nodded.

"Can I borrow it, please? Don't worry, I'll return it once I got to buy a new one," the girl assured him.

Jinwoo took out his sunglasses from his backpack and gave it to the girl.

"But how are you going to return it to me?" he asked as the girl put on the sunglasses. Jinwoo was taken aback because he thought he was staring at a girl version of himself.

However, instead of answering him, the girl grabbed her luggage and Jinwoo's right hand and dragged him along with her.

==========

Kiritani Mirei looked around as she dragged her luggage and her doppelganger with her. No one should see them, especially her bodyguards.

As the only child of one of Japan's wealthiest businessmen, Mirei lived her life being surrounded by bodyguards, dictated what to do and what not to do, and basically told to act as how an heiress should act.

However, it suffocated her. The lifestyle of a socialite was fun but she needed a different kind of freedom. She needed to get away. She needed to run away.

Mirei was able to escape her bodyguards. How? God only knew. She attended a ribbon-cutting ceremony for a multinational company. She told her undoubting bodyguards that she had to use the restroom. With the help of her friend who also attended the ceremony, she was able to escape. Her luggage was hidden in her friend's car.

However, as she walked at the busy streets of Tokyo, Mirei prayed silently for a miracle. She didn't know what to do next. She just received a message from her friend that her bodyguards were looking for her.

She would bet all of her money that some of her bodyguards were in the airport by now.

Mirei felt hopeless for the past five hours…

…Until this guy bumped on to her. He was the answer to her prayer.

Mirei and the guy turned left. Two blocks away was her favorite boutique.

"We are here," the heiress announced as she held the store's doorknob. She looked at the guy first before opening the door. Mirei could tell that the guy was confused.

They entered the store and its employees welcomed her warmly. She was a regular customer of the boutique. She smiled at them but she smiled wider when the employees looked at her then at the guy behind her then looked back at her again. They were totally confused but didn't dare to say anything.

Mirei motioned the guy to sit on a white-leathered couch. She removed her hat then sat across him.

"I'm sorry if I just drag you here without even asking your name. I'm Mirei, by the way," she said as she bowed at him. The young heiress didn't tell him her surname because he might freak out. It might spoil her plan.

"I'm Kim Jinwoo," the guy bowed.

"Kim Jinwoo?" she had to repeat his name as she put the sunglasses on her head. Why did it sound like a Korean name?

"Yes? Is… is there something wrong with my name?" the guy named Jinwoo asked her, obviously very puzzled and confused.

Mirei fought the urge to pinch the cheeks of this Jinwoo guy. He was too cute and innocent.

"Are you a Korean?" she asked him while studying his face. It was really like looking at her own face.

"Yes," Jinwoo replied.

"Wow! You look like Japanese," she commented.

"I get that a lot," the guy replied shyly.

Mirei smiled at him. "So, what are you doing here in Tokyo?" she asked in Korean. It earned her a curious look from Jinwoo.

"Are you a Korean, too?" he asked her in his native tongue. Mirei laughed.

Kawaii! The socialite thought.

"No. But I am fluent in Korean," she answered. Jinwoo nodded.

Jinwoo was about to answer when the store manager came.

"Mirei-sama?" the lady in her early 40s greeted her. The heiress looked at the middle-aged lady.

"Oh, Kasumi-san. Hello! I'm sorry to bother you but I have a huge favor to ask of you." Mirei stood up but before she left, she turned around and faced Jinwoo.

"Jinwoo-ssi, please feel free to explore the shop. I'll be back. Please don't leave the store. I really, really need your help," she pleaded. Jinwoo nodded at her.

Mirei followed the store manager in her office. She made sure that the door was closed.

"Please have a seat, Mirei-sama," the store manager told her.

"No need. I'm in a hurry. Kasumi-san, I need a dress that I usually buy here, a pair of black stockings, and a wig. I prefer a wig which is similar to my hairstyle now. Oh, please don't forget three pairs of flat shoes or boots," she said sweetly.

The lady nodded. "Do you need it now, Mirei-sama?"

"Yes!" she said excitedly. When the store manager was about to press the intercon on her table, Mirei stopped her.

"By the way, Kasumi-san, these items should be of my friend's size," Mirei pointed at Jinwoo through the glass window. The store manager looked at her, baffled. The young lady just smiled.

"Do you think a maxi dress will suit him?" Mirei winked.

==========

Jinwoo didn’t know why he let this woman named Mirei drag him to this boutique. He wasn't quite sure why he agreed to wait for her.

Maybe it was because this Mirei really looked like him.

What if my parents had to choose between me and her through a coin toss? Who would they give up and who would they raise? What if my dad had an affair with someone and had a lovechild?

Jinwoo was tempted to ask these questions to his parents because seriously, Mirei was his female version.

Maybe I'll die anytime soon? The Korean guy remembered that folklore that if a person sees his or her doppelganger, he will die.

Jinwoo laughed at himself for being ridiculous. However, he couldn't calm down so he stood up and looked around.

The items in the store were expensive that Jinwoo wondered if the clothes and accessories there were made of gold and diamonds.

His attention was caught by a certain pair of sunglasses: the one Mirei owned or should he say once owned. Jinwoo felt guilty for stepping on the eye accessory. He felt relieved upon seeing the same sunglasses in the boutique.

Jinwoo was about to go to the cashier and pay for the sunglasses when he saw the price. He was dumbfounded.

I can stay in The Peninsula Tokyo for six months with this! How could a pair of brownish-shade sunglasses be this expensive? 58,000 yen?! I just

Please log in to read the full chapter