O8/O1

Sunday Morning

1:17pm. 

Taeyeon felt an itch on her cheek and raised her arm to relieve the irritation. 

1:18pm. 

The itch was still there. Taeyeon wore a scowl as she blindly tried to get rid of the itch but she couldn't quite find the spot. As she scratched around to get rid of the annoying feeling, she could feel her body slowly start to wake up. 

1:22pm. 

Now Taeyeon was wide awake but the good news was that the itch had been defeated! Taeyeon gave a quiet yawn and stretched herself along the length of the bed, careful not to wake up Jessica who was still asleep beside her. The original New Year's resolution was well and truly gone with the whole morning being spent unconscious, but it wasn't such a bad thing. Doing things whilst being half asleep was not worth the effort. May as well spend less time doing stuff but being fully rested than walking around with a semi-functional mind and body. At least that's what Taeyeon and Jessica's excuse is and they were both going to stick by it. 

Taeyeon carefully crawled over Jessica to reach for her phone and check the time. "Hm. Lunch time," she whispered though it was going to be a late lunch. Deciding to let Jessica sleep a little longer, she hopped off the bed and take a quick shower. 

 

 

 

1:57pm. 

Jessica stirred in the bed. It was feeling slightly cooler than it would usually be and she noticed the change even in her unconscious state. With her eyes still closed, she reached over to the other side of the bed in an attempt to pull her partner that was supposed to be there closer. When her arm met nothing but the bed sheets, she groaned. 

"Taeyeon!" Jessica growled into the pillows. She knew the older girl had woken up before her and was somewhat annoyed that she was waking up alone. She thought that Taeyeon would have woken her up too. 

Debating between sleep and Taeyeon for a few moments, she finally sat up and slowly waited for the sleep to leave her system. She doesn't even know why she debated in the first place. It was obvious which side was going to win. Never did Jessica think she would put any human being before her sleep, not even her sister was worth the trade and they were blood related. 

"I feel like I'm a dog on a leash," Jessica muttered and kicked the blankets aside to stumble to the bathroom. Yep. Taeyeon had her securely tied to a leash and the ironic thing was that Jessica couldn't be any happier to be attached to that leash. She believed that if it pleases Taeyeon then it was all worth it in the end. 

"You are so whipped," is what Sooyoung, one of her closest friends, would say whenever she discussed her feelings to her. Jessica sighed and opened the bathroom door. She couldn't deny it. 

Jessica Jung is whipped. 

 

 

 

Jessica made her way to their couch where the TV was blaring with kids’ shows and Taeyeon was sitting in front of it with slightly damp hair and a bowl of Fruit Loops. Jessica quickly peeked at the time and just shook her head. 

"Nice lunch menu," Jessica laughed as she flopped beside Taeyeon. 

"Shhhh," Taeyeon hushed, trying to watch the of the cartoon where the heroes were about to defeat the villains with their super-duper brilliant plan. Jessica didn't have much of an interest with the cartoon and was feeling a little hungry as well. Seeing how Taeyeon wasn't eating from the bowl whilst she was watching the fight, Jessica sneakily took the spoon and helped herself to the Fruit Loops. It was technically breakfast for them since they just woke up, even if it was past two. After the cartoon had somewhat reached its conclusion, Taeyeon placed the bowl on the coffee table and opened her arms to embrace Jessica. 

"G'Morning sleepyhead!" Taeyeon greeted. Jessica didn't bother moving as she let Taeyeon finish her hug. Maybe she should change their cereal to something less sugary. The older girl had weird highs and lows with water alone. Sugary cereal like Fruit Loops wasn't exactly helping balance those swings either. 

"I was hoping to make some lunch but we ran out of anything decent so I just went along with Fruit Loops," Taeyeon explained as she pulled back. "Nothing better than a bowl of Fruit Loops and Sunday cartoons." Just as she was about to reach for the bowl again, Jessica beat her to it and stole it from her hands. 

"Thanks for lunch," Jessica beamed and took another spoonful. Taeyeon laughed and shook her head. 

"I'd hardly call that lunch but you're welcome." She then got up to make another bowl of cereal for herself whilst Jessica enjoyed hers. 

"Oh by the way," Jessica piped up. "Wake me up next time you're up. This is the second time this year that you left me to wake up alone."

"I just wanted to let you sleep a little longer," Taeyeon called back. Jessica didn't quite like shouting to the kitchen but Taeyeon returned momentarily afterwards, saving her the trouble of raising her voice. 

"Thank you, but I end up waking soon afterwards any way. And I thought we were supposed to make the most of this year."

"Without unnecessarily sacrificing any of our sleep," Taeyeon added. Jessica was stumped when she remembered the full wording of their resolution for the year. Sure she could change it again but then what was the point. It was already a week into the year.

"But..." Jessica paused, trying to quickly come up with something. "Ah! Waking me up won't be unnecessarily sacrificing any sleep since it will only be an extra ten minutes or so. And waking up alone is just plain boring." Jessica mentally pat herself on the back for coming up with a good defence. She could add that as the first step to being a lawyer, even if it was going to be the only step. 

Taeyeon narrowed her eyes at Jessica. She wasn't keen on this idea for one main reason. Jessica wasn't exactly the easiest to wake up. "I'm sorry, Jessica. I don't think I can do that," she said sternly, not leaving any impression or hint of sarcasm. 

"Why not?"

"Have you tried waking yourself?!" Taeyeon blurted. Jessica bit her lower lip guiltily. Yes she was aware of the difficulty. She grew up with many, and she means many, complaints from her family regarding her waking up habits. It usually involves lots of yelling, grumbles and even kicks in serious cases. 

"Okay! Compromise!" Jessica exclaimed in an attempt to win. Taeyeon raised her brow and took a spoonful of Fruit Loops. She was curious to see what she could possibly compromise with. 

"If I don't wake up obediently, I give you permission to dump iced water onto me," Jessica blurted. The moment the words left , she immediately regretted it. She could already feel the icy water being thrown onto her as she was dreaming about dogs or something. Taeyeon was smiling wickedly in front of her which made her stomach drop. 

What has she done?

"Deal!" Taeyeon yelled, holding out her hand before Jessica could take back her words. Jessica knew she couldn't back out now. She was the one who suggested the compromise so she couldn't exactly adjust it again. With a heavy heart, Jessica took Taeyeon's hand and shook it once. Good bye comfy blankets and hello icy wake up calls with complementary cold morning showers. 

"Wait!" Taeyeon exclaimed. Jessica paused, heart skipping a beat in hopes of a chance to review the compromise. "The bed would be soaked."

Jessica furrowed her brows. She had forgotten about that. It would be a pain to change the sheets every day and it couldn't be possibly healthy for the mattress either. Well they were now back to square one. Jessica whined and rested her head on the back of the couch. Taeyeon could see Jessica making a great effort to get what she wanted and wondered if waking up with her was that much of a deal for her. 

"Tell you what," Taeyeon finally decided to submit. "I'll wake you up in the morning, no matter how long it takes. If it means that much to you that you would be ready to risk an iced water bath each morning then I guess I'll go along with it."

"Really?!" Jessica nearly jumped off the couch with excitement. Taeyeon popped another spoonful into and nodded, trying to smile with her eyes to reassure her partner. Jessica pounced on Taeyeon to give a hug, giving her much trouble when she tried to keep the bowl of milk and cereal from spilling everywhere. The older girl was glad that she could make her partner happy though. It made her realise just how much it meant to Jessica to wake up together since they couldn't do it during weekdays with their different work schedules. Maybe that was why Sundays were so important to them both. 

"Saves me and the bed from getting soaked," Jessica sighed in relief as she pulled away. 

"Hmmm..." Taeyeon hummed sternly. 

"What?" Jessica questioned curiously. Taeyeon looked at Jessica and scanned her up and down before shaking her head with the spoon still amusingly in . Jessica was starting to panic. Taeyeon wasn't really planning on dumping iced water on her, right? 

"I'm more worried about the fact that you would still be the one soaking the bed," Taeyeon said seriously as she took the spoon out of . There was a long moment of silence as Jessica didn't quite understand what she meant. 

"Why would I be soaking th-" 

It finally hit her. 

Taeyeon burst out in a fit of laughter when Jessica just froze completely and turned bright red. 

Jessica - 1, Taeyeon - 1. 

"You're not one to talk," Jessica mumbled when she regained her senses. She reached for her bowl of Fruit Loops and tried to calm herself down. Taeyeon had to place her bowl down as her body continued to shake with laughter. She knew she got Jessica really well with that remark. It would've been work at least five points if there was a quality system in place with their game. As her laughter faded off, she slumped sideways onto the couch, trying to catch her breath. 

Jessica was still embarrassed with the remark and lifted her foot to kick Taeyeon's in an attempt to take revenge. Here she was celebrating the fact that she would wake up with Taeyeon and the said girl just had to ruin it by scoring a well-earned point. 

"All about balance I guess," Jessica sighed and made work to finish off her breakfast... Or lunch. Whichever it was. 

“So you won’t kill me if I disturb your sleep?” Taeyeon asked in a serious tone. Jessica nodded confidently with her eyes fixed on the TV showing some ads. The older girl waved her hand in front of Jessica to make sure that she was paying attention. She didn’t want to be found dead one afternoon because she woke up Jessica too early.

“I heard you. I promise I won’t kill, mutilate, torture or hurt you in any way if you wake me up. Though I can’t guarantee a few kicks since I might subconsciously think you were my mum or something,” Jessica replied as she moved around Taeyeon’s hand to have a better view of the TV. Taeyeon was somewhat convinced and sat back down to eat the rest of her Fruit Loops, though she was still curious to know why Jessica would want to be woken up early.

Jessica peeked to the side and saw that Taeyeon still had a frown on her face and seemed to be in some deep thought. Having nothing left in her bowl she stood up and walked to the kitchen, giving Taeyeon a rustle to the head as she passed by.

“Don’t think too much about it. We spend all our week working and Sunday is the only real day we get to spend time together, even if it is spent asleep in the bed,” Jessica called out from the kitchen. “And I want to make sure to wake up with you next to me just so I can be sure you didn’t run off with some rich person and left me behind.”

“I would nev-”

“Like I said, I just want to make sure,” Jessica interrupted before Taeyeon could defend herself. As she walked back into the lounge she saw Taeyeon sitting backwards on the couch, glaring at her.

“Why would I even run off with someone rich? They’re all boring,” Taeyeon huffed. Jessica cocked an eyebrow and sat beside the pouting girl.

“And you’ve had experience I presume?”

“No, I’ve had friends who had experience.”

“Oh so you’d run off with an average person?” Jessica continued to tease. Taeyeon turned her gaze away from Jessica and folded her arms.

“Maybe.”

Jessica smiled mischievously in her seat. She knew Taeyeon was pissed and it was a rare sight to see since the girl was usually calm and level-headed.

“And have you had experience with running off with an average Joe?”

Taeyeon didn’t bother replying. Instead she gave a firm nod and walked off to the kitchen to pack away her empty bowl. Jessica stood up immediately after and followed the annoyed girl with a skip to her step. She was now curious to know about any of Taeyeon’s past relationships and felt like she needed to dig more information out of her for the fun of it.

“What happened after running off with the average class?” Jessica mused.

“Well I only ran off with three people so far. The first was somewhat stupid since I was pretty young. The second just didn’t feel right and the third one was something memorable,” she replied in a dull tone. Jessica jumped onto the bench top and swung her legs excitedly as she waited for further explanations. She was mostly curious about the third one.

Taeyeon rolled her eyes and rinsed her hand after cleaning her bowl. When she turned around she flicked the remaining water onto Jessica’s face. “You sure are getting nosy today aren’t you?”

Jessica wiped the drops off her face and laughed. “I’m curious to know about the third person you ran off with. Should I be worried if they returned? Or maybe I should find them if I wake up alone again?”

Taeyeon gave a tired sigh. She was getting sick of the teasing Jessica was giving her and turned around to stand in front of Jessica. She leaned into Jessica slowly, causing Jessica’s breath to hitch when she felt Taeyeon’s breathing right in front of her.

“Have you ever heard the saying, ‘Curiosity killed the cat’?” Taeyeon whispered in a low tone. Jessica leaned back slightly and nodded once. “And are you still willing to pursue your curiosity?” she whispered, leaning closer to Jessica’s ear. Jessica hesitated for a moment before nodding once again. She got this far already, might as well pursue it until the end.

Jessica flinched when she felt Taeyeon nip her ear but felt a wave of cool air rush to her front when Taeyeon moved away from her and walked to the lounge.

“The third was and still is you, you dimwit. I’m not going to run off with anyone else so relax,” Taeyeon huffed and flopped back down to the couch. Jessica took a moment to calm her beating heart and rubbed her tingling ear. That conversation certainly took a wild turn. She thought it was going in a totally different direction. Nevertheless, she was also ecstatic with Taeyeon’s response. She may not have gotten what she wanted, but she got something better instead.

“Am I getting a confession from you, Taeyeonnie?” Jessica mused, jumping off the bench top and skipping to the lounge again. She was met with a pillow to the face courtesy of Kim Taeyeon.

“Stop mucking around. I’ll wake you up next time, sheez.” Jessica laughed and picked up the pillow to sit back down next to Taeyeon.

“I was just kidding about the running off part. I know that you wouldn’t do that,” Jessica smiled. “You’re more of a ‘dump coffee onto the person and leave’ type.”

Taeyeon chuckled and shrugged. “Maybe you’ll get a coffee to the face next.”

Jessica laughed nervously. That was her cue to stop. They were silent for a few moments with neither side having anything to add. Well, Jessica was just scared that she was really going to get a coffee dumped onto her if she continued.

“I’m sure I will never leave you so don’t ever think that again, okay?” Taeyeon suddenly broke the silence. Jessica mocked a salute and nodded obediently. Taeyeon wasn’t sure if Jessica was taking her seriously so she held onto Jessica’s wrist and stopped her from moving. “I should be afraid of you leaving me behind.”

Jessica leaned forward to give the older girl a kiss to the forehead where the frown was still visible. She then wriggled out of Taeyeon’s grasp and took the girl into a huge bear hug.

“Of course not. You’re going to be my wifey and I would never leave my wifey alone. I’m going to take you everywhere with me,” Jessica laughed though her words were nothing but the truth. Taeyeon smiled and wrapped her arms around Jessica to return the embrace.

“I’m glad,” she whispered. “I don’t want to be left behind.”

Jessica laughed and tightened her arms. She was never going to abandon Taeyeon. She couldn’t let the girl be left behind. At the very least, she would always be by her side. Til death do they part and til eternity does their love end.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

Wow...

So cheesy. 

._.

And I know the first chapter seems like they've switched personalities but they haven't. Trust me.

It just depends on the situation. :]

Although I do wonder what innuedos will appear in the next chapters. Hmmmmmm.

 

 

 

Bubbles out~

--