15/O1

Sunday Morning

1:09 p.m.

Taeyeon gave a great big yawn into the pillows. Her body was still relaxed in the warm sheets and she was not prepared to get out yet but her conscience wasn’t allowing her to do so. As she laid in bed trying to force herself back to sleep, she wondered why her mind and body wasn’t always connected when they coexisted perfectly any other time of the day.

With a great big sigh, she gave up and sat up to stretch out her muscles. With the sleepiness draining from her body, she suddenly remembered that she was supposed to wake Jessica up with her. Remembering her warning about unconscious kicks, she shifted her body to the upper half of the bed as a safety precaution. If Jessica really wanted to kick her, she would have to put some effort into it as well as be really flexible. Taeyeon knew it wasn’t a fool proof plan but it was better than nothing.

Experimentally, Taeyeon poked Jessica’s nose a couple of times and each time it would evoke absolutely no reaction from the deep sleeper. She then decided to poke Jessica’s cheek, and when that failed too she started tickling her ear. As she had predicted, Jessica had not even flinched. Maybe her nervous system had shut down with the rest of her body or something; it was like she was a warm stuffed toy.

With a sigh, Taeyeon took it one step further and started shaking Jessica gently, acting with extreme caution as she did so. This action was no different to waking up a sleeping bear or lion. One wrong move and she could lose her arm, maybe even her head if the predator aimed correctly.

“Five more minutes,” the sleeping beast groaned before pulling the blankets to cover her head, preventing Taeyeon from touching her directly.

“Wakey, wakey, sleeping beauty. You aren’t exactly making my job any easier for me,” Taeyeon sighed, pushing Jessica’s body back and forth with the blankets. “I might really have to dump water on you if this continues.” Jessica gave a childish whine and pulled the blankets back to blink a couple times at Taeyeon, trying to get the sleep out of them. Taeyeon raised her brow at Jessica, waiting for her to get out from the blankets but Jessica just returned her gaze with a pout.

“I had a late night… but I also don’t want you to leave me,” Jessica whined. Taeyeon rolled her eyes at Jessica and threw her legs over the side of the bed, ready to start her day. Before the soles of her feet could even touch the floor, Jessica had emerged from the blankets and pulled her back into the centre of the bed, securing her in a death grip to prevent her from running off. “I promise I will make it up to you if you give me another hour of sleep,” she negotiated although Taeyeon knew there was no room for negotiation with that suggestion.

“You can sleep for an extra hour now. The kids’ shows are going to be over soon if you keep me here,” Taeyeon whined whilst trying to wriggle out of her arms. Jessica laughed at Taeyeon’s love for cartoons but was not nice enough to let the girl go.

“Nope. I need my Taeyeon here and I refuse to let anything be a substitute,” she huffed. “You can get an extra hour of sleep too. Not like it’s a bad thing.”

“But I’m not tired.”

“Then I’ll make you tired.”

Taeyeon stiffened and turned around to face Jessica with a suspicious frown. Jessica grinned and landed a quick peck to Taeyeon’s nose.

“Not like that. Sheez you’re such a ert,” she teased. Taeyeon rolled her eyes and shook her head at the laughing girl hugging her.

“I was more concerned about you torturing me or something. Last time you threatened to make me tired you placed your friend’s baby in my hands and ran out the door saying “I’ll be bac as soon as possible. Have fun!” and didn’t come back for a full eight hours,” she huffed, still somewhat annoyed about that incident. In those agonising eight hours Taeyeon had to learn how to look after a baby properly without putting it at risk or in harm’s way.

Jessica laughed and snuggled herself closer to Taeyeon. “How was that by the way?” she asked.

“Well you sure kept your promise. I couldn’t even get up in time for work the next morning even though I had twelve hours sleep,” the older girl sighed. Ever since that experience she never ever took parents for granted again.

“Then I guess I should make you tired again so that I can get a few extra hours of sleep.”

“Oh yeah? You and what army,” Taeyeon countered. Jessica gave her a quick kiss on the cheek as a quick trade for future forgiveness before letting her go and reaching for the pillow beneath her head.

“This army,” she laughed evilly as she threw the pillow towards Taeyeon. Taeyeon felt the wind knocked out of her with she felt the pillow on her side and quickly turned around to see Jessica grasping the same pillow firmly within her grasp raised above her head again. Instinctively, Taeyeon raised both her arms and shielded herself from the attack, or at least tried to shield the vital parts of her body anyway.

“What the hell?! Are you trying to knock me unconscious or something?” Taeyeon yelled beneath the constant barrage of attacks. Jessica continued to laugh and beat Taeyeon with the pillow, keeping a mental note to control her throws so that her victim doesn’t get hurt too badly.

Taeyeon tried to scramble out of the bed and try to escape but Jessica tackled her to the bed again and sat on her back. However, Taeyeon was quick enough to flip over and throw Jessica off her back before being trapped in the death trap and ran to the furthest corner of the room hurriedly, only to realise that it was also the furthest corner from the only exit out of the room.

She froze and watched in sheer terror as Jessica grabbed the pillow and threw it at her. Her hands reacted quickly and caught the pillow before it could make contact and held it there as a shield desperately, quivering in fear behind it.

The attacker realised that she had lost one ammo and decided to take it back from the quivering mess in the corner, thinking that the victim would not put up much of a fight. Boy was she wrong. The moment Jessica was close enough, Taeyeon let out a loud battle cry and swung the pillow at Jessica before bolting for the exit. In her hurry though, she didn’t want her step and stubbed her toe onto the corner of the table and fell forward.

Seeing the opportunity for complete domination, Jessica dived for Taeyeon’s body and sat on her back whilst constantly attacking her with the pillow. Taeyeon let out yelps here and there whilst Jessica just chanted, “Take this! And this! Hiyah! Surrender! Hah!” over and over with each hit.

After a couple of dozen blows left, right, and centre Jessica paused and grinned, waiting for Taeyeon to turn and face her. As she did, Taeyeon kept both her hands on her head for safety measures, thinking that maybe she should have just dumped cold iced water onto the sleeping beast instead of being beaten to death by pillows.

“Well? This is your chance to surrender. Sleep with me and you shall be spared,” Jessica announced in a deep sinister voice.

“You sound like a ! Don’t make me call the cops!” Taeyeon threatened although still cowering in fear when Jessica narrowed her gaze into a glare.

“I am not a ! If both parties are willing then it is merely an act of mutual pleasure. And besides, you always give me your consent anyway, so your claims have no worth.”

“Well you can be sure that you won’t get my consent from now if this keeps up!”

Jessica let out a loud laugh, genuinely amused. “Empty threats, my dear Taeyeon. You’ve tried that against me many times before and each and every time they have been lies. Even just the mere threat no longer works.”

“Get off me,” Taeyeon whined childishly, kicking her legs against and flailing her arms about in a tantrum.

“Not until you surrender!”

“Never! I have cartoons waiting for me!”

“You can watch them online!”

“It’s not the saaaaame.” Taeyeon stopped kicking her legs and rested her forehead against the floor, her body becoming perfectly still. She was starting to feel tired and was pretty certain that she had just wasted time with their pillow warfare. With a defeated sigh, she completely relaxed her body.

“I hate you,” she grumbled. Jessica laughed and leaned forward to lean into her ear.

“I know you don’t. Now be a good girl and let me catch up on my sleep,” she whispered.

“Fine,” Taeyeon huffed. “And here I thought you would make an effort to make my job of waking you up easier.”

Jessica laughed and stood up to pull Taeyeon along with her. She happily fell onto the bed and pulled Taeyeon to lay on top of her with her grin never wavering. To make sure her captive did not escaped, Jessica secured her arms around the older girl’s waist. Taeyeon didn’t even bother trying to escape because she knew that Jessica would only bring her back. Her cartoons were going to have to wait for another time.

 

 

 

 

 

“I still can’t believe you forced me to sleep for another three hours when you said only one more hour,” Taeyeon huffed before placing the toothbrush into . Jessica has just finished brushing her teeth and grinned with her clear pearly whites innocently.

“Hey we’re a couple; we have to do everything together. Isn’t that the rule?”

“No! Who came up with that rule?!” Taeyeon spat with the brush still in the side of .

Jessica continued to tie her hair up into a loose pony tail to the side and shrugged her shoulders carelessly. She then took Taeyeon’s brush and started brushing her teeth for her. “I think it was my last ex. Maybe that was why it didn’t go so well. I always thought he was so clingy,” she said absentmindedly whilst pulling Taeyeon’s jaw down to open up.

Taeyeon raised her brow at her teeth brusher incredulously before taking back her brush, thinking that she was not a toddler. “Maybe I should drop you for being clingy too,” she mumbled.

Jessica quickly grabbed onto Taeyeon’s brush and furrowed her brows. “What was that, babe?” she said sternly, making sure to put emphasis on the nickname. Taeyeon restrained herself from gulping down the toothpaste in the back of and gave an innocent but messy and frothy smile. She was hoping the toothbrush stayed to the side of her cheek rather than be jabbed down .

“Th-Thank you for helping me brush my teeth?” the cornered girl shrugged. Jessica narrowed her eyes at Taeyeon suspiciously before reluctantly letting go of the toothbrush, much to Taeyeon’s relief. She knew Taeyeon wasn’t being serious about dumping her because they often joked around with it. Still… she loved it when Taeyeon cowered in fear. It was one of the only ways that she could see Taeyeon’s puppy dog eyes that seldom shows itself.

As Taeyeon was finishing off her morning routine, Jessica hopped onto the bench top of the basin and waited. She was feeling quite hungry since it was well into the afternoon.

“I think we should order breakfast… or lunch… or is it afternoon tea?” Jessica slowly trailed off. She didn’t know what to call their first meal of the day anymore. Taeyeon rolled her eyes at Jessica’s mind childishly wandering off and reached for her phone on the side to dial the takeaway store.

“Our eating habits are all messed up now,” Taeyeon sighed as the phone rang. Jessica nodded in agreement and swung her feet back and forth as she waited. As the store picked up on the other line, Jessica turned Taeyeon around so her back was facing her and pulled her back to stand in between her legs. Whilst Taeyeon was ordering, she combed her fingers through Taeyeon’s hair absentmindedly to keep herself occupied whilst the older girl’s attention was somewhere else but on her.

Taeyeon instinctively leaned back and relaxed into Jessica as she waited for the store to repeat her order. She wasn’t as mad at Jessica as she thought she would be. Jessica did have a point; she could just watch them online later on when the time was convenient. And she finally understood why Jessica wanted to wake up together so much now. It was nice to do everything together, just like Jessica’s ex had said. Although she had to admit that there would have to be limits to that rule.

When the store started to repeat the address to deliver to, Taeyeon felt Jessica place her hands on either side of her jaw and gently guide her backwards. With the other line still going babbling on, Jessica stared into Taeyeon’s eyes and grinned. Taeyeon raised her brow curiously but was shortly answered when Jessica leaned down and placed an innocent upside down kiss onto her lips.

“Who needs Spiderman when you have me?” she whispered. Taeyeon gave a soft laugh and rolled her eyes as she stood up again.

“Yes that’s correct. Thank you,” Taeyeon finished off the call and turned around to face Jessica who was proudly grinning in her seat. “For your information, Miss Spiderman, it was the batman cartoon today. So unless you got me a batmobile it’s not the same,” she said matter-of-factly whilst pointing her phone at Jessica. Jessica shrugged her shoulders carelessly ad rested her arms onto Taeyeon’s shoulders lazily.

“Fine then. Tell me all, all powerful and noble one, how can I make it up to you?” she said in a sickeningly sweet tone. Taeyeon hummed for a moment as wickedly evil thoughts passed her mind. It was always nice to get back at Jessica every once in a while.

Taeyeon finally picked on of the ideas and looked down at Jessica, only to lose her resolve when she saw Jessica patiently waiting. Taeyeon gave a defeated sigh and cursed her feelings for the waiting girl.

Jessica was caught off by surprise when Taeyeon suddenly flicked her forehead. What surprised her even more though was when Taeyeon placed a kiss on the stinging area straight afterwards

“That will do,” Taeyeon whispered into Jessica’s ear before walking out to the bedroom to change out of her clothes. Jessica rubbed her forehead sorely and turned around to the mirror behind her to inspect the damage, only to see a small slightly pinkish mark. She then quickly hopped off the bench top and ran to catch up with Taeyeon who had just pulled her on a new pair of pants.

“I wouldn’t call that punishment,” Jessica said casually, watching Taeyeon change her shirt. Taeyeon shrugged her shoulders and pulled her top back into place.

“You said you had a late night so it’s not really your fault for wanting to sleep in. If having me there would help you sleep better, then so be it,” Taeyeon explained without looking back. Jessica gave a soft laugh and laid back down onto the bed, staring up at the ceiling blankly. “You’re not thinking of going back to sleep right? It’s only a few hours away til sunset.”

“Nope just thinking.”

“About?”

“…” Jessica paused, wondering how to put her thoughts into words. Taeyeon threw her clothes into the laundry basket in the corner of the room and walked over to the bed to sit down beside the thinking girl.

“I was just thinking,” Jessica started, “that you are the most perfect person in the world.”

Taeyeon stared at Jessica blankly. Jessica turned her head to the side curiously, wondering why she wasn’t getting any type of reaction and was confused at Taeyeon’s blank expression.

“I think you slept a little too long,” Taeyeon stated bluntly. Jessica laughed freely and sat up to reposition herself next to Taeyeon who cautiously shifted an inch away.

“Well I admit no one is perfect in this world. Not you, not anyone we know and certainly not me. But,” Jessica rested her head against Taeyeon’s shoulders, “you’re perfect for me.”

There was a moments silence between the two. Jessica was even more confused now because she still didn’t receive a reaction. Finally, she felt Taeyeon’s shoulders shaking ever so slightly. As she turned around to see what she was doing, she was surprised to see Taeyeon covering , trying to hold in her laughter.

“Oh that was so cheesy. Ah, my stomach,” Taeyeon heaved in between her fits of laughter. “You’re never going to live that down. That was so cheesy, even for you.”

Jessica pouted as she watched Taeyeon fall back onto the bed, holding her stomach tightly. Here she was feeling proud that she had said something so sweet. Unbeknownst to her, Taeyeon’s heart was swelling with joy.

“But,” Taeyeon suddenly said when she had calmed down a bit. “I guess that’s what makes you perfect for me too. You and your cheesiness.”

Jessica frowned. Hearing her words come from Taeyeon made her realise that what she said really was overly cheesy.

“Stop pouting,” Taeyeon chuckled, pulling onto Jessica to help her get up off the bed. “Food’s going to be here soon.” Taeyeon then held onto to Jessica’s hand and pulled her along to start off their day… or what was left of it.