.02

One Half of a Whole
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     The walk from the cafe to the school with Jaejoong was surprisingly pleasant. The pair talked and joked toghether easily, and Sanghyuk found himself growing increasingly more comfortable with the odler boy. Jaejoong had an air of easy confidence that Sanghyuk couldn't help but admire.

     "Here," Jaejoong said suddenly, offering Sanghyuk a torn piece of napkin.

     "What is it?" Sanghyuk asked, taking it curiously. Jaejoong smiled a little sheepishly.

     "It's my number. I mean, you asked for it earlier and I just- I mean, I just figured that since we go to school toghether anyway I might as well get to know you before I just gave you my number."

     "Oh," Sanghyuk breather, blushing a little. "I- That makes sense. I'd honestly forgotten that I asked you for it. Thanks," he added, slipping the small piece of napkin into his pocket. "I'll text you later."

     "Yeah," Jaejoong said with a nod. By that time, the pair had reached the school and Jaejoong gave Sanghyuk another of his angellic smiles. "Come on. I'll show you to the office."

     "Thanks," Hyuk said, feeling a little sheepish. "God, I feel like I've thanked you more times in the past twenty minutes than I've ever thanked anyone else in my entire life."

     Jaejoong laughed, though Sanghyuk noted that it sounded a little bitter. "I guess I'm just a helpful person. It's a problem, actually. I tend to be too kind and helpful and forgiving. It usually just ends with me getting hurt."

     Sanghyuk bit his lip, not really sure how to respond to the information that Jaejoong had just revealed. Evidently, the older boy wasn't sure how to continue the conversation either because he called over one of his friends.

     "Jaerin, can you show Sanghyuk to the main office so he can get his schedule? I'm gonna go find Xia and Max."

     A raven haired girl nodded and walked over to take the place at Sanghyuk's side that Jaejoong had occupied just moments before. Hyuk wanted desperately to stop Jaejoong, to call him back, bu he just couldn't seem to find the words to say that would keep the angellic male by his side. Any words, any call of any kind, stuck in his throat. All he could do was watch helplessly as Jaejoong wove through the crowds of people and eventually disappeared from sight.The girl beside him, Jaerin, looked at him sympathetically, shaking her head.

     "Don't worry about it," she said gently. "Nothing you could have said to him would have been able to stop him from leaving. It's better if you just let him be for now. Oh, and my name is Jaerin, by the way. Just in case you didn't catch it when he called me over."

     "Sanghyuk," he rep

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter