Seulgi, Marry Me!

5 Drabbles with Red Velvet~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

J: Back with the last chapter. Oh, the person Author-nim is writing about this time is, Kang Seulgi?! Wahh daebak! A: Shutup, I'm writing. J: O_o Oops, my bad.

 

 Jaeyeon has gone to Jeju Island for the summer break. She'll be there all summer long. Actually, she's there every summer. All summer long. Jaeyeon has turned 16 this year, once again a lonley birthday. Just like this trip every year. She made this trip to Jeju Island a yearly thing when she turned 10. She always worked hard enough during the school year to do so. The girl worked hard all her life. Jaeyeon lost her parents, her mother died having her and her father decided he didn't want to be one. Jaeyeon doesn't even know where that guy is, she doesn't even care. All she cared about was getting out of that dreaded orphanage. Even though she was young, the owner of the orphanage, whom was a lady, allowed Jaeyeon to leave the orphanage at the young age of 8 officially under her care. The catch was, Jaeyeon wasn't really under her care. Jaeyeon made a deal with the lady to legally sign her out of the orphanage, so she could use the money she saved from the two years she had worked or collected money by pumping gas, to rent a room from this very nice ahjumma who lives conviently next to the gas station where Jaeyeon pumped gas. The ahjumma, knowing how old Jaeyeon was, told her she didn't have to pay if she cleaned her house and went grocery shopping when told. Jaeyeon never failed to do so. She also continued finding temporary jobs to do so she could continue saving her money. Jaeyeon made sure she was never tardy in school and did great work, the teachers don't worry too much about her that way. She tops her class every year and she's a great athlete. Since Jaeyeon is aware of her being alone all of the time, she also participates in her schools self-defense classes. All of them, she can never be too careful. She always pushes herself to do her best, these Jeju Island trips prove her pushing is paying off. Now, Jaeyeon is in Jeju Island, laying her back on the rock in her favorite spot on the beach alone, again.

 

"At least this trip is peaceful, it's even kind of quiet. It's always kind of quiet, people don't really come to this side of the beach. Good. Nap time." Jaeyeon's last days of school kept her from sleeping, the principle wanted to make sure his students didn't skip school because it was the ending of the school year, therefore he gave them more finals to do that had to be turned in before the last day of school. Of course the finals were in every single class Jaeyeon had, even PE.

"Zzzz... zzz... Zzzzz... zzz.." While Jaeyeon was napping, a female walked over, noticed it was quiet and that the light brown haired girl smelled like Cherry Blossom. She sat down, rested on the rock, and decided to nap there too. But while they were napping, the female ended up sliding off of the rock onto Jaeyeon's lap with a light thud.

"Zzzz... zzz... Zzzz....." Both are still napping, you could go as far as saying they're now asleep.

 

- Hours Later -

 

"*Yawns* Wow, didn't think I would actually go to sleep. It was only supposed to be a nap." Jaeyeon tries to get up to walk to her house in Jeju but realizes she can't stand up. Instead of finding out why she freaks out.

"Whyyyyy?? Why'd you have to take my legs in my sleeeeeeppp! Waaahh!" The girl who simply woke up, faced a dramatic Jaeyeon sulking over her lost legs.

"I'm sorry, did I scare you? I just sat here to take a nap, but I must've fell onto your lap while we were sleep." Jaeyeon, just now noticing someone was talking to her, stared pointing at the female as if she just commited a crime.

"You! You made my legs feel numb, how are you so heavy? I thought I really lost my legs. Why didn't look at my legs to check?" Jaeyeon felt temporarily idiotic.

"Mabey you just couldn't stand the sight of it if your legs truly were gone. But no worries, you're good." As they stand up and brush their clothes off, Jaeyeon simply turns and walks away as if she didn't take notice of the females existence.

 

While Jaeyeon's walking to her home in Jeju, she still tries to figure out why she simply didn't check her legs instead of being lazy and jumping to conclusions. Jaeyeon laughed at how dramatic she was, she didn't have a dramatic moment like that since she thought she lost the ahjumma's cat.

 

"Ahh my home away from home. Hahaa, I missed the furniture in here. It beats the room I'm renting at ahjumma's apartment, on the other hand, her house is huge. I get to clean it. Haha." Jaeyeon decided to skip checking her fridge for old food that she'd have too replace and if her clean bed sheets were put away last summer or still in the dryer, she'd have to do all of that tomorrow. All she wanted now, was sleep.

 

- Next Morning -

(Jaeyeon POV)

 

After I did my house check, I noticed a note in my mail slot as I was leaving for the beach.

 

~ Hi. You don't know my name, but I'm Kang SeulGi!. You know, the girl who slept on your legs without any introduction. Hehe.. yeah about that~ I kind of followed you home too. Not to be creepy, I swear! It was to apologize for scaring you and invading your personal space. Sorry about that by the way~ Hope to see you again, I'm staying in Jeju all summer long! Seeya.

 

"Dang, I forgot all about her. I don't even think I looked at her face properly. I just thinking about getting to lay down on an actual. God, did that rock hurt." I was never into entertaining people. I would cooperate with classmates in school for her grades sake, other than that I didn't make friends. I know how to be polite but if there's no need to, I won't. They call me the Lonley Princess in my school, I never associated with or dated anyone. Everyone who proposed a date, boys and girls, had simply gotten a shake of the head and ignored right after. I'd even walk off. That nickname kind of offended me at first too, but I got over it, I didn't really care. I'm just not that interested.

"Wait, Kang? Seulgi? I swore I heard of that name before? Where was it? Yeah, karate class. The chick who suddenly enrolled at school the very last week of school and turned in finals before anyone else. Well, except me of course hehe." My school paid me to continue schooling my own karate class since I got just as good as my instructor, who quit because I flipped him over my back easily during instruction, it also gave me extra credit and just looks good for me. Disregarding embarrassing my instructor out of a job, my school was paying me. I seized my thoughts and walked around Jeju. I do it every year and still find new spots to check out. I just never pay attention to people, but finding new quiet spots or places with good food was basically my life long hobby.

"Woah, where does this dark hidden path go to? It looks pretty creepy... hehe kaja." I also enjoy adventure, I've been hang gliding, rock climbing, jet skiing, and sky diving over her spring breaks. Although my trip to the carnivals haunted house left me jumpy the rest of the week, I enjoyed the thrill.

"Wish I had an HD camera instead of this old Galaxy, which is getting an upgrade thanks to your school. The crazy people are paying you to teach the karate class you enrolled." Talking to myself with a sly grin, I took pictures of the paths cobwebbed trees and untamed grass. There were lots of spiders not even minding me, as I didn't mind them. Other bugs were there as well but I didn't know their exact names. Most were in the beetle group, the o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter