Joy? Oh Boy.

5 Drabbles with Red Velvet~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Hello. I am Han Jaeyeon. I don't know if I was supposed to introduce myself, but enjoy these stories I'm in. Peace.*

 

 

 

*In Seoul University*

 

 

(Jaeyeon's Dorm Room.)

 

 

"Ahh. Finally. Break is here, break is here! Yay! (Fist Pump)." Jaeyeon is relieved her break from school is finally here, and it's not a dream she had in class. She is a good student... she just has insomia or something. Actually, she doesn't know what it is. She just gets sleepy random times of the day... or night. She doesn't have too many friends. In fact, she doesn't have any friends. She'd rather be by herself. She tried to convince herself it's because she doesn't want to be rude, falling asleep in the middle of a conversation. That could cause trouble. Besides she doesn't do too good with "people".

 

 

Knock. KNOCK. Knock... someone.. is knocking.

 

 

"Why? Why me? I just got into bed, I was almost sleep." Jaeyeon relctantly answers the door.

 

"*Stare* What do you want?" Jaeyeon is grumpy, she should be sleep by now.

"Hi. I'm Joy." The human girl on the other side of the door responds. She looks too happy to the grumpy Jaeyeon. Jaeyeon just gives her a sign to keep going.

"I would like to take you out with me." This Joy girl isn't proposing a date right?

"No. No thanks. I have plans." Jaeyeon grumpily responds.

"Plans? You don't look like it.." The Joy girl peers over Jaeyeon's shoulder, as if she would find evidence Jaeyeon has no plans.

"Too bad. I said no. Goodbye." Jaeyeon starts to close the door, but it's stopped by the Joy girl.

"Before I let you close this door in my face, I'll let you know I've been watching you Jaeyeon. In our art class, and I like you. I know you don't have friends, so I know your excuse is not the truth and... I'm not giving up." This Joy girl, whom Jaeyeon just found out about, has just confessed she's a stalker and yet, Jaeyeon could care less. She just wants to sleep.

"If you know me so well, you'll know you should leave so I can go to sleep. I'm not going anywhere, but to bed. Thanks but.. no thanks." With that, the Joy girl lets Jaeyeon go to sleep after bidding goodbye.

 

 

"I am not giving up." Joy fist pumps making her way to her dorm room, which is only three doors down the hall from Jaeyeon's.

 

 

 

(The Next Day)

 

 

"*Yawn* I can actually go somewhere, somewhere besides class." Jaeyeon is more than happy to finally get off campus. The last break she had wasn't exactly a break. She had to study extra and it took up the whole week break.

"I should go read in the park, and that coffee shop around the corner from it. I've been waiting to go there." Jaeyeon goes to the bathroom, freshens up, and gets dressed.

 

 

(At The Park)

 

 

"Argg, this character is so stupid. Everyone should know it's a set up if someone hates you today, then becomes your frickin very best friend tomorrow. Geez." Jaeyeon is too immersed into the novel she's reading. She doesn't even notice someone sat next to her, and she just spazzed in their ear.

"Ehem. You're very loud miss." Whoever the person was calmly stated as if she wasn't bothered, Jaeyeon knew she was.

"Oops, my bad. I'm leaving anyway." Jaeyeon was so focused on her reading, she didn't realise it was now 7:00. Good thing the coffee shop was around the corner and didn't close until 10.

As Jaeyeon makes her way inside the shop, she automatically notices she's the only one there.

"Perfect. I get to read, drink coffee and be alone while doing so. I might even be able to sleep until closing time. Yay!" Jaeyeon is having a good day.

Jaeyeon noticed a fresh cup of coffee being placed infront of her... but she didn't order yet.

"Uhh hey, where'd this come from?" Jaeyeon wants to know why she's being served by force.

"Umm, the coffee machine?" The waiter answers Jaeyeons question obviously.

"Yeah.. I meant from as in, from who?" Jaeyeon is confused. She's the only one there besides the waiter guy next to her.

"Oh! Yeah... It's from Joy." The waiter just simply answered then left.

"Joy? Oh boy." Jaeyeon remembers the girl from yesterday. She didn't take her too serious, now she knows better.

"Oh, there's a note, and a heart in the coffee..." Jaeyeon simply reads the note from her happy stalker.

 

"I work here, do you like it? Anyway, I told you. I'm not giving up. I'll show you, I really do like you. By the way... it's not just a heart in your coffee... You're in college for art and yet you can't be specific? It's "Latte Art". Beautiful isn't it? Okay, mabey not. But it is most definately interesting, which is why I bought it for you. You're interesting to me. I know you'll probably go to sleep after reading this... you're probably asleep now. If so, sweet dreams my beautiful Jaeyeon ah. Bye~" The "note" was more like a letter, Jaeyeon actually did almost go to sleep. But she didn't. That Joy girl really didn't give up and she's obviously won't in the future.

 

Jaeyeon just accepted the free drink, before it got cold. She didn't continue reading her novel, she just wants to think. The girl could've at least gave her white coffee.

 

 

(At Jaeyeon's Dormitory)

 

 

Jaeyeon didn't even go straight to her room. She just sat in her dormitories lobby, what she call's the "Rest Before Your Next Lecture" room. Joy has really plagued her mind. That little gesture freaked her out. She's never had anyone confess to her and declare their seriousness with her. For crying out loud, she hasn't even had a friend. What if Joy's feelings towards her spoil, because all Jaeyeon sees Joy as a friend. Even though the girl obviously stalk her, Jaeyeon can tell the girl means well. She bought her frickin coffee. So it's safe to say Joy can become her friend, even if Joy's feelings for her aren't platonic. She's understanding right? Joy can understand if Jaeyeon wants to take things slowly, right?

 

 

"Shouldn't you be sleep and... not blanking out?" Jaeyeon tilts her head up to see a tired Joy.

"Joy?" Jaeyeon can only mumble out her name.

"Yeah... I just came down to go for a walk... outside? Would you like to come? I mean you.. don't have to if you don't want... to." Jaeyeon only shrugs.

"You weren't so shy yesterday." Jaeyeon is enjoying Joy's cute behavior.

"Heehee.. yeah. Well umm, I wasn't exactly as confident then either." This girl is too cute.

"Are we taking a walk or no?" Jaeyeon chuckles.

"Well yeah... if you want." Joy is unconsiously playing with her fingers, so cute.

"Just come on." Jaeyeon grabs Joy's hand, and out the dir they went. Unknown to her, Jaeyeon's full lips formed a soft grin.

 

 

 

*Walking*

 

 

"So... did you enjoy the coffee?" Joy starts, she was scared the girls silence during the majority of their walk was her rejecting her once again. Or is she mad? She did bug her right after she confessed she watched her, and that might not have sounded nice. She couldn't help her curiosity.

"So you work there?" Jaeyeon responds with her own question. If she's going to take things slow, why not get to know this girl?

"Oh yeah, I started working there our first year." Joy calms down, knowing the girl isn't cross with her. But... is she going to reject her?

"Our first year? So you're in your second year as well." Jaeyeon, is one of the brightest bulbs in the lamp.

"Yeah, I've been interested in you since our first day here. You were so quiet. I tried to see your interaction with other people, to see what kind of person you were... but there was none. So, I just stuck to watching you. I was lucky enough to have both of my dorm rooms selected near yours." Joy isn't too creepy afterall.

"So your dorm room is near mine? And it has been for two years? I can believe it. I don't really pay too much attention, just enough so I won't get hurt or snatched. You only watched me so, no worries here." Jaeyeon gives a small laugh.

"Oh geez, I even like your laugh. It's terrifying." Joy's comment only made Jaeyeon laugh harder.

"Seriously, my laugh is not that bad AND, if I find myself becoming interested in you AFTER we've become friends, that's when we'll go on a date." Joy's eyes were already low due to her being sleepy, but they had fully closed after Jaeyeon's declaration of friendship. Joy had fainted. Even though Jaeyeon could possibly only like her as a friend, there was a possibility she'd have non-platonic feelings for her as well. Joy couldn't handle the feelings crashing at her like a strong wave and, she fainted.

"Can

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter