New Game (Vkook)

BTStories Collection

Continuation of Game Over

...

Jungkook sighted. He won again, yes, but he didn’t managed to beat his last record. That was annoying. He always wanted to be the best, which was his sole mission on earth. Error. Lie. His mission on earth was to either become the new member of Girls Generation or meeting his one and only love, the man above all other, the One, the Chosen: G-Dragon.

“Cool shirt.” Short, very short. Black hair, good muscles, five-year-old face. He had seen this boy before. It was the friend of the hot and perfect guy he had been trying to impress for the last two months and a half. “It’s nice meeting other V.I.P.s.”

Jungkook looked down. He was indeed wearing a shirt with the third most handsome face on earth, his GD. Number two was baby face’s attractive friend and number one was Jungkook himself.

“Want to play with me?” Jimin smiled. He had to get as much information as possible of Taehyung’s new obsession. Well, new was kind of a lie. The younger boy said that he had been trying to catch Jungkook’s attention for some weeks now. And some weeks in Taehyung world was a life. That was not an exaggeration. He decided that Jimin was going to be his best friend for the rest of his life, half an hour after meeting him. And four years later that was still true.

Player 1 WINNER 466 pt

Player 2 LOSER 391 pt

The boy was good, Jimin realised. Really good. Maybe Taehyung was right, it was a match made in heaven. “You know, I have a friend who might be as good as you.” He was now becoming an unintentional wingman. He needed a life. More like he needed Taehyung out of the one he already had. Jungkook was going to be the perfect distraction.

And then it started.

It was not a match made in heaven; Jimin discovered soon, it was a match made in hell.

They started with shooters, and soon moved to racing games. Both were good. Both were way too good. The competition stopped being just a game when they reached Dance Dance Revolution.

Taehyung was not going to lose; he had to keep his pride. Jungkook was not going to lose; he never loses. Games became battles and the ‘competition’ became a war. Who was the ultimate best player?

“In the name of Taeyang, please stop. You both won. There is not a single game left to play.” Jimin was desperate. Why did he have to be friends with an idiot? An idiot who happened to be a very bad loser?

But he was wrong. There was a game left. A very obscure game. A retro game so obscure that not even the ‘hardcore gamers’ from the forums had heard about it.

It was THAT game.

THEIR game.

For the first time in forever they played in multiplayer, as for them it was usually a solo mission in order to woo their love interest.

Who won that day was forgotten, as they both would eventually be ‘100% sure’ it was them who won. But when they had to write down a name down to save their record, they realised that their biggest rival was standing next to each other.

V vs GoldenCookie

GoldenCookie vs V

Jimin started laughing. Staying to see all this competition unfold ended up being productive, as he managed to see Taehyung’s face when he realised that he made an enemy out of his potential lover, or victim, as Jimin used to call it.

When Jungkook finally understood the situation by listening to the older boy’s explanation, which was constantly cut by both Taehyung’s attempts to shut him up and Jimin’s own laugh, he became redder that than his own scarf.

They looked at each other.

Awkward smiles.

INSERT COIN

PRESS START

And for the first time that evening, both won the game.

NEW GAME