Chapter 7 - From small strides...

Old Foes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Happy New Year, darlings! ^_^ 

 

 

Eun Sang paid the driver and got off the cab in front of her apartment building. It was late and she was tired but the adrenaline was still coursing through her body. Eun Sang was still giddy and elated from having successfully finished her first broadcast for The World Tonight. She had been very nervous and she feared she would mess up. But thankfully, by some miracle, they managed to finish their first broadcast without any problems.

Eun Sang was greeted by the night shift guard and valet.

"Congratulations on your first broadcast, newscaster Cha," the guard greeted.

"All the building staff watched your broadcast at the concierge earlier today. You were great!" the young valet said. From what Eun Sang knew, the kid was a college student working part time to support his education.

"Thank you, Go Ajjushi, RyuHyeok. Make sure you watch again tomorrow!" Eun Sang said brightly. She gave them a polite bow before heading off to the elevators. She pressed the up button and waited patiently for the lift to arrive. Eun Sang shifted her shoulder bag and laptop bag on both shoulders when she heard the elevator beep indicating that the lift had arrived. She looked up just in time to see the door sliding open. She was surprised to find Young Do inside.

"Oh, hi, Young Do! You're home early," Eun Sang greeted her neighbor who stalked off the lift and faced her.

"Uh, hi. Actually, I was just waiting for you. Good thing I came down just in time," Young Do replied with a shy smile. Eun Sang's brows shot up in surprise.

"Well, I'm here. What seems to be the problem?" Eun Sang asked.

"Oh, there's no problem. I watched your first broadcast earlier today and you were amazing and I thought that we should celebrate," Young Do rambled. Eun Sang noted the hint of uncertainty in Young Do's voice.

She really didn't know how to respond to him. He was as unpredictable and disarming as he was when they were 18 but now there was sincerity in him that Eun sang found very charming. She sensed Young Do's discomfort as he waited for her response and Eun Sang remembered that time he had turned up at Mango Six and said that he just wanted to hang-out because he was feeling down. She decided to put the man out of his misery.

"Celebrate, huh? What did you have in mind?" she asked.

And no sooner than the words were out of , Young Do's face lit up and he positively beamed at her. Eun Sang could not help but laugh. He looked like a kid who was told he could stay up and watch cartoons while eating junk food on a school night.

Young Do composed himself upon realizing that he was acting very unlike himself. He cleared his throat as he eyed Eun Sang apprehensively. Eun Sang just looked at him in amusement.

"Plans, right. Actually, I don't. I didn't think I'd catch you here and that you'd say yes," Young Do rambled and laughed at his own stupidity. Eun Sang just watched him as he scratched the back of his head, her amusement escalating. She had never seen anyone so flustered. Eun Sang tried her best not to laugh. Suddenly, she had a thought.

"You're in luck. I have a plan. Do you have your car keys?" Eun Sang asked. Young Do just nodded, his brows raised, obviously stunned by the sudden turn of events.

"Good," Eun Sang said brightly as she dragged Young Do out of their building.

~~•~~

 

Young Do fidgeted in his seat. He was not used to sitting shotgun in his own car. They were at an intersection and the red light seemed to go on for ages, but he didn't mind. He looked to his left and saw Cha Eun Sang loosely holding the wheel as she tapped her fingers on the leather cover in time with the music. She looked relaxed and comfortable behind the wheel and Youngdo was pleasantly surprised by it.

It wasn't his idea to let Eun Sang drive. It's not like Young Do had a choice. Eun Sang expertly snatched the car keys from the valet that delivered Young Do's bright orange Maserati from the basement parking. Under normal circumstances, Youngdo would have blown his top off but Eun Sang's adorable wide grin as she skipped to the driver's seat effectively shut him up.

"Hey, don't worry. I'm not going to crash your car or drive it off a cliff. I'm a really good driver. I have driver's licenses from three states and no police record," Eun Sang said smugly before getting in the driver's seat and strapping herself in.

Youngdo just stood there still processing everything. He never thought Eun Sang would be so independent and somewhat carefree. From what he remembered, she was always the damsel in distress even if she didn't want to be one. He himself caused her some distress but there was always someone to help her out, be it Chan Young, BoNa or Kim Tan. To see her take initiative over something was new to him and he wondered if she's always been like this. Although Korean tradition dictate that women should be docile and submissive, Young Do preferred this new go-getter version of Eun Sang.

"Hey, aren't you getting in?" He heard Eun Sang ask. She was leaning over the front passenger seat and peering up at him. He got in his car and they drove off, leaving behind the dumbfounded valet and guard.

The light suddenly turned green and they continued their drive.

"Are you really not going to tell me where we're going?" Youngdo asked a third time.

"For the last time, no." Eun Sang quipped.

"Yah, this is kidnapping, you know!" Youngdo protested in jest.

"No

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter