Chapter 2 – Hung up

Old Foes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Choi Young Do closed his eyes to give it a rest and laid back on his leather office chair. He was tired from spending the day poring over plans for upcoming projects of Zeus Real Estate.

 

Following his father’s release from prison years ago, the corporation decided to venture into the real estate business, taking their know-how in hotel management and using these to create luxury apartment buildings.

 

The initial project, The Acropolis -- a three-tower complex that had different sized units -- was a hit and units sold out fast. Young Do liked the buildings so much that he even got one of the penthouse units. Currently, ZRE has already begun the construction of their next towers complex, The Olympus, and Young Do was busy checking the figures on the project.

 

At 27, he was still not experienced enough to handle the company’s operations but he is working as one of the company’s directors; A big leap from his old job as a dishwasher at the hotel. He thought all along that he will inherit the Zeus hotel empire, but since his father failed to hand him the company untarnished as he had promised, it did make sense that Young Do was sent to learn the ropes of a new business.

 

He was just about to resume his reading when his door opened unceremoniously and in walked the impeccably dressed Yoo Rachel.

 

“Hey, brother!” she greeted as she walked over Young Do’s desk. Despite the fact that their parents never really ended up together, Rachel and Young Do maintained the moniker that they used to mock each other with. Even Young Do was surprised at how close they have become over the years. During their last year in Jaeguk, Young Do’s only friends were Myung Soo and Rachel.

 

“Hello, sister!” he said smiling back in greeting. “What brings my beautiful dongsaeng to my humble office? What does she want from oppa?” he added with a cheeky smile.

 

“Oppa my foot!” Rachel said in disgust. “I just came to drop off my latest collection. They’re all your size and I personally chose the style that I’m sure would look good on you,” she added placing several paper bags on the coffee table in the middle of the room before sitting elegantly on one of the luxurious arm chairs.

 

Young Do walked over and peered at the contents of the paper bag.

 

“Thanks. But you don’t normally personally deliver them to me. What’s the deal? Your fiancé not giving you any? Need oppa to kick his ?” Young Do asked with an impish grin. They may be friends but he still enjoyed riling up pretty, pristine, and perfect Yoo Rachel.

 

“You are such a pig! And no, my fiancé and I have a perfect, uh, relationship. Not that it’s any of your concern,” Rachel shot back sounding annoyed. She then smiled an angelic smile which made Young Do raise his eyebrows questioningly. “But yes, I also came to tell you personally that Cha Eun Sang is back,” Rachel said in her sweetest voice.

 

Cha Eun Sang. It’s been

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter