TWO SIDES TO EVERY STORY

Survivor
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] CHAPTER FORTY SEVEN - TWO SIDES TO EVERY STORY [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

 

A/N: long chapter! Don't know if I'll be updating tomorrow since I'm super busy with school work. Got an offer from a university but I have to improve my grades to get in T_T

 

 

 

 

 

So they helped me and although I quickly grew tired of Jongup’s constant , I was ever so grateful that Yongguk’s team were willing to help me and my friends escape. In return, I promised to try my very hardest to get them out of that hell alive. They took the two dead bodies of the nurses I’d killed and threw them into the huge furnace that was located in the basement of the building.

 

Afterwards we returned to the operation room I was kept in before and they replaced my binds, reattaching me to the cold, hard bed. We had a plan, it was risky but it was all we had.

 

 

“Alright, let’s go over this again,” I say, trying to keep myself from shuddering in worry. If this plan fails, I die, my friends die and my friends’ friends die. There is no room for mistakes, it all has to go accordingly. 

 

“Since you killed Seohyun and Minseok, there will be a search for them,” Yongguk repeats. “Usually, there wouldn’t be but as you’re probably aware of by now, we don’t have many medics here and they’re crucial to this whole operation. So, their safety will be a priority."

 

“That means the building will be on lockdown until they’re found and most, if not all, surgeries will be postponed,” Himchan continues, stepping out of the shadows. “You’ll beg Minki to let you walk around but, of course, your freedom will be limited. You’ll only be allowed to wander in the courtyard which is where the slaves are allowed to rest and stretch their limbs.”

 

“If they still have them,” Jongup mutters under his breath but I catch it.

 

“Zelo and I will be on duty in the courtyard later today so your job is to locate Daehyun and Youngjae, and bring them to us,” Yongguk explains and I nod along. “Once we confirm it’s them, you’ll have to get them to take you to your other friends and tell them the plan. Then, you’re going to get into a fight.”

 

“This is the risky part…or one of them,” Himchan states. “They’ll punish you by whipping you. They might even bring you to the brink of death but if Jongup does his job and gets Minki there in time, he’ll intervene and take you to the A32 ward to be contained.”

 

Yongguk carries on from his point. “He’ll either treat you or have Taehyung treat you. You have to somehow steal one of their keycards. They open all the doors in that ward and you’ll be able to get your friends out.”

 

“Meanwhile, me and Yongguk hyung will be in the courtyard to help the others get out through the tunnel under the toilets in the barn,” Junhong says, rubbing his hands in anticipation. “It’s dirty as hell but it’s our only way out where there’s no one guarding the exit.”

 

I continue to nod and open my mouth to speak. “So from the ward, I get my friends out and where do we go?”

 

“The same way as the others,” Himchan answers. “It’s the only safe way out. Zelo and I will cause a distraction to allow you to escape. Then, we’ll follow you and everyone gets out. We run until our feet bleed and we’re far enough from this place. Then we find cars or something and continue on to someplace far from here.”

 

I suddenly remember something and jolt upwards. However, I’m held back by my binds. “Wait! What about Karim and Daeho? My friend said your boss is keeping them because they have a soft spot for kids.”

 

“Yes,” Yongguk mumbles, rubbing his chin. “We have to leave them behind.” My eyes widen and I try to sit up again but, alas, to no avail.

 

“What!?” I exclaim and start shaking my head vigorously. “We can’t leave them behind. Daeho is Bora’s son and Karim…Karim…he’s mine. We can’t leave them behind.” The four males stare at me in shock. Yongguk closes his eyes briefly while Himchan shoots me a glare. “We leave with them or we don’t leave at all.”

 

“Oh for ’s sake!” Jongup growls, slamming his hand down on the surgical table next to me. “Fine, go after them but you’re on your own. We’ll get Daehyun and Youngjae hyungs and your friends out but you can fetch the kids yourself.”

 

“I will,” I declare, pinning him with my own glare. He groans and turns away, yanking on his longish hair. For some reason, he reminds me of a less-calm version of Sehun. To be more accurate, he’s a lot like Taeyeon or Jade. My eyes widen and I wince at how stupid I am. “Hold up! How many of us did your people capture?”

 

“I don’t know, over a dozen?” Junhong shrugs.

 

“No, I need an exact number,” I reply coldly and he gulps, looking up in thought. He starts counting on his fingers before he looks at me again. 

 

“Including you, seventeen,” he answers. I mentally name and count through everyone in my team and try to work out who’s missing. “Why?” We should have…five more.

 

“We’re missing five people,” I tell them. “Tao, Hakyeon, Jade, Neon and Taeyeon.” They look at me blankly and I remember that they’ve never met the other AIs. They’ve only met me, Sehun, Julien, Hyoyeon and Tao. But…where the hell could they be? I then also remember Choi Youngjae and his friends. Where could they be? “Are you sure there’s only seventeen of us?”

 

“Positive,” Junhong confirms. “Why?”

 

“It’s nothing,” I lie, frowning. I shake my head clear of those thoughts. “Anyway, I’ve got the plan. Get out of here, I’ll see you guys later.”

 

“Good luck,” Yongguk murmurs and I nod, wishing them the same. They bow before leaving the room, leaving me in my own company. I sigh and lean back, trying hard to ignore the pain that’s returning to my body. I’m in dire need of painkillers; my eyes hurt, my insides hurt…everything hurts. 

 

“Seriously, where is that Chinese-looking boy?” I hear Minki’s voice outside the room. “I swear, he better not be ditching his duties to go see that blue-haired girl again. How delusional, am I right?”

 

“Hyung…you’re just as delusional. If not more,” Taehyung replies. I hear Minki scoff before the door opens and the two of them enter. The younger one closes it behind them before they walk further into the room. “, look! She’s not asleep!”

 

“Bravo, want a medal?” Minki teases, earning a glower from his hubae in return. They reach the bed and look down at me, Minki my hair almost immediately. “What are you doing up, beautiful? You should be out cold and paralysed.” I fight the urge to spit in his face.

 

“Who are you?” I ask, keeping my voice barely over a whisper. They need to see me as a weak girl, not a seasoned soldier. “Wh-what have you done to me?” I will tears to form in my eyes and he tuts, my cheek gently.

 

“Don’t cry, my love,” he coos and Taehyung looks at him with clear disgust. “I’m sorry for hurting you but I had to obey the Boss’ orders. Don’t worry, thanks to me you’re getting to keep your eyes.” 

 

“I’m sore,” I croak and he gasps, looking around frantically. He retrieves a syringe from somewhere behind me and injects me with a serum. 

 

“That should help with the pain,” he says, continuing to my hair. “Look at her, Tae. Isn’t she pretty?”

 

“Yeah, she is but hyung…why isn’t she sedated?” Taehyung asks, scratching his head. “Didn’t you send Minseok hyung here to do the job?”

 

“I knew I couldn’t trust that idiot,” Minki growls, tightening his hold on my hair. I wince and he immediately loosens his grip. “I’m sorry, baby. I didn’t mean to hurt you.” He turns to Taehyung. “Get me a vial of succinylcholine for her.”

 

“N-no! Wait, please don’t!” I blurt out, stopping the younger male in his tracks. The two of them look at each other then back down at me. “I…I hated being stuck like that. Please don’t do it again. Please.” I hate having to beg in front of these freaks but I will swallow my pride if it means saving myself and my friends. 

 

“Hyung…maybe…should we…can we?” Taehyung mumbles, looking a little guilty. I push those thoughts away; I refuse to believe any of these people possess even a single ounce of morality…or humanity. It’s for that reason that as soon as I get out of here with my friends, I’ll get us far from Yongguk and his team. Daehyun and Youngjae might have been friends with them years ago but they are not the same people anymore. Those two, especially Youngjae, could never forgive Yongguk and the rest of them for feeding on innocent — or even not so innocent — people.

 

“Aigoo…” Minki sighs, rubbing his eyes and pinching the bridge of his nose. “Alright, okay. Fine, we won’t drug you as long as you don’t cause any trouble.” He turns to Taehyung again. “Besides, isn’t it time for her to get some fresh air? We’ve taken enough from her already.”

 

“Ne, ne,” Taehyung agrees, nodding. “I won’t tell if you won’t?” They nod at each other and shake hands. Something tells me they’ve done things like this before; saved people in their own pathetic ways. They haven’t exactly saved me but they have given me one thing I want.

 

“Thank you,” I say, despite how much it pains me to say those words. Minki’s crazy, black-rimmed eyes widen even further and he smiles broadly with a closed mouth. I can’t help but ask, “Are you wearing eyeliner?”

 

Taehyung throws his head back and lets out a hysterical cackle, smacking his knee repeatedly. Minki blinks and looks to the side, looking shocked by my words.

 

“It’s guyliner,” he mumbles, gulping. He takes a deep breath and claps loudly. “Well, we should probably get you out of here. Let’s see if you can walk, hm?” I nod slowly, preparing myself for my act. Taehyung finally stops laughing and the two of them unstrap me from the bed.

 

“Alright, here we go,” the younger of the two says as they help me up. I slide my legs over the edge of the bed and let my feet touch the ground. They help me stand and I purposely allow my knees to buckle. “Oh! It’s okay, we’ve got you.”

 

“Yah, stop touching my woman so intimately!” Minki scolds, ripping my other hand from Taehyung’s hold. He singlehandedly helps me up again and I pretend to practice balancing my weight from one foot to another. After a good convincing minutes, I start to walk around on my own.

 

“I think she’s got it,” Taehyung says with a grin. “We should change her gown, there’s some blood on it.” I look down at the gown I took back from Minseok’s dead body and realise I did indeed get some of his blood on it. Hopefully, they won’t test it. I’ll make sure not to give them any reason to…yet. 

 

“Check for a spare one in there,” Minki orders, nodding at one of the cupboards. Taehyung does as he’s told and retrieves a clean blue hospital gown. “Aigoo…I wish they didn’t stop making those backless gowns in 2014.”

 

“ert,” I mutter under my breath. Taehyung seems to have heard me and chuckles, handing me the gown. I raise my brows at the m

Please log in to read the full chapter