Nothing Can Stop You From Realising Love

Nothing Can Stop You From Realising Love (NMB48's Yamada Nana x Watanabe Miyuki)

It was an hour after my graduation concert. As everyone got dressed and walked out of the theater, I suddenly felt a breeze come from behind me. I definitely knew something was wrong and someone was missing….

 

Milky.

 

I searched everywhere for her. The main theater, the changing rooms, everywhere I could possibly think of. So I put that thought out of my head and went outside. I heard shouts for people to call for help and someone on the floor…

 

Wait… That face seems familiar to me…

 

“Nana...chan….”

 

“Milky! What happened?”

 

“I was about to cross the road when I slipped and a speeding car came and crushed my legs…     Now all I feel is pain...”

 

“Milky...” I went ahead and took out my phone, called “911” and told the phone operator what had happened. “Daijoubu desu yo. The ambulance is coming soon.”

 

“Hai, arigato, Nana-chan...”

 

As soon as the ambulance came, the paramedics carried her onto a stretcher and into the ambulance with me following behind. It was a silent ride and neither of us were talking until…

 

“Nana-chan… What if they amputate both my legs?”

 

“Uh… Prosthetic legs, I guess… Remember that athlete who ran with two prosthetic legs? I’m sure you can still dance with prosthetic legs, Miyuki.”

 

“Excuse me, Watanabe-san. Do you feel any pain when I touch your leg like this?” A paramedic lightly touched her leg, which made her grimace in a lot of pain.

 

“Umm, since we think we might need to amputate your legs, Watanabe-san, we need to give you an X-Ray just to make sure.”

 

“Hai, arigatou.”

 

They took Milky farther into the hospital for her X-ray. All I could do was sit and wait.

 

I already got a bunch of texts from the other members, most of them coming from the other 1st gen members like Sayanee and even Maachun. We were all worried for her, not knowing what would happen to her.

 

Then the doctor appeared in front of me…

 

“How is she?”

 

“Well, she has fractured her bones too much for them to heal. So if she agrees, we’ll have her put some prosthetic legs on or, she will have to graduate from NMB48 completely. We can’t risk her hurting or exerting herself more than she needs to. She was admitted to room 780 upstairs, just in case you want to visit her.”

 

I stood there silently before nodding and bowing to her as she left.

 

Miyuki… is going to graduate…. Because of this.

 

I have to see her.

 

I ran as fast as I could through the corridor and up the stairs. I tried to find her room. 769, 770, 771 and it carried on down through the empty hallway.

 

Masaka…

 

I ran up to the roof as fast as I could. I saw her in her wheelchair, slowly rolling towards the edge of the building, weakly trying to stand up.

 

“Milky, no!!!”

 

“Don’t stop me!” she yelled. “There’s no point, now… All of my dreams, they’re ruined… I’m never going to stand on stage and perform… I’m better off dead!!!”

 

Before she let go, I grabbed her hand tightly and hugged her, making the both of us fall back to the ground. I sat up and hugged her as she was crying from her already red eyes.

 

“Milky… this is not right.”

 

“But--”

 

“BUT NOTHING!!! I’m not going to just stand here and let you die!!!”

 

“..!” She went silent as I kept yelling.

 

“You are something bigger and much more important than you think! You’re beautiful and talented and cute! You’re not alone; you have people who love and care for you!! Especially your girlfriend!!!”

 

“Nana...”

 

“I don’t care what you say! I LOVE you, Watanabe Miyuki, and I DON’T WANT YOU TO DIE!!!!”

 

She ended up becoming so overwhelmed she cried into my chest more. All I could do was caress her hair as she let out all her pain and sadness.


“Thank you, Nana… I love you too...”