CHAPTER 2

Heartbreaker

CHAPTER 2

 

"Good morning, students. I hope you all had a creative weekend and gained a lot of mental strenght. You will need it now.", greeted Mr. Kyoh your arts class.

Your teacher was always like that - while he was concentrating on mental ability he seemed to be mentally retarded to the most students. But you liked him. He was always open-minded and kind.

"Your task for today is the following..."

He began to draw a big circle on the blackboard. After colouring the middle yellowish he added black wave-like symbols outside.

"Any guesses? Huh...? Huh...?"

As he saw that nobody was raising their hand his face turned sad. So he started to explain it properly to all of you. The circle symbolizes your sphere, your thoughts, your life goals. The bright colour shows you what you should concentrate on: The bright things in life. Things that makes you happy. In contrast to that the dark colour outside the circle should make you concentrate on things which might pull you down sometimes and make you struggle while willing to achieve your dreams.

You began to smile while listening to the teachers instructions. You were allowed to use symbols, too. By doing this you shouldn't have to reveal your inner thoughts and true feelings in front of the whole class.

 

After pondering how to depict your ideas you worked without a break. At the end of the lesson Mr. Kyoh came to your place.

"Eunji. Your result shows me that you worked hard this lesson. This is indeed an expressive art work. Although I can't unlock the secret of it I'm sure that these metaphors have a strong meaning." His heartwarming smile reached your heart and you noticed a magical sparkle in his eyes.

"Thank you, teacher.". You bowed.

"You are welcome. And now, shoo! The lesson for today is over, I'm sure your friends are waiting at the canteen." He gave you a wink.

 

You turned around, going to leave the class room as suddenly you felt a warm hand on your shoulder.

"Ah, Eunji. Wait a moment. I shouldn't tell anyone but you seems to be a nice and focused girl...", while scratching his head Mr. Kyoh turned serious. "I heard from Mr. Yeh that you did very good the last lessons."

 

Mr. Yeh was your dancing teacher. During his lessons everybody is forced to do their best, otherwise he could get very angry. Because of the fact that he's not easily to satisfy you were surprised about what Mr. Kyoh told you right now.

 

"As you know only the best students can reach their goals. There are many students at our school who are focused on their dreams and who are full of determination. But we can't give everyone a chance. Choosing the best of the best will be a hard decision in future and was also a hard decision in further times. All teachers are very keen on making a good decision at the end of this school term. Although we studied hard for teaching you we are just humans,too. We know many of you since a long time, developed sympathy or anti-sympathy for you. That's normal and can't be prevented. Because of that the headmaster came to a resolution."

He stopped and took a deep breath. After a few seconds he continued.

"On Wednesday, 5 experts concerning dancing and singing will come to our school. Each consented to choose 5 of 100 students which were already chosen by the teachers. 3 of the experts will be focused on dancing skills, the other 2 will concentrate on singing. In case that one of them will choose you, he will automatically become your coach. Then you don't have to join the dancing or vocal class in school but at the YG building if it fits your schedule. If not they will teach you at school."

 

You choked on your own spit. YG building? Was he kidding you?

"Teacher. Excuse me, but... what do you mean? I don't understand. Why the YG building?"

"I knew that you would ask me that", he laughed. "I already told you about the main case so let's be honest. We know that most teenagers have idols. And that's not a bad thing. If we combine this passion with the problem concerning the selection, we will achieve another effect."

"... the students will work harder to stay close by their idols.", you completed the sentence.

"That's right, Eunji. So we choosed the almost most popular group in Korea. Your future trainers will be no less than the Big Bang members."

 

Although you weren't into all this idol-stuff you somehow couldn't bring out a single word. But the headmasters decision seemed plausible to you. Maybe it would be better if someone who don't know the students would pick the best ones to afford them their succes. Emotions would be excluded and only ability would count. Besides the pupils would try harder to make an effort.

 

"How long will they teach the chosen ones? Where will they make their decisions? Does the nominees have to perfom in front of them? Or even in front of the whole school? Who will choose the best of the 5? And what will happen to this person?" Without thinking about it you just shouted out all your questions.

A smile curled his lips as he answered calm.

"As time goes by you will see. You are a tough young lady and I am sure that you have a chance. So try to assemble your forces and don't act like someone you are not. Be yourself. Be calm. Be brave."

 

With these words he left the room. Being left alone without clear answers you had to sit down first of all and sort your mind. Why was he telling you this, although he wasn't allowed to do so? Perhaps...

No. It couldn't be. You coudn't be someone of the chosen ones.