[2/3]

One Year Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Day Forty-Five

 

It's been a little over a week since Sunggyu became my boyfriend, and I can't say that I could be any happier. Honestly, I can tell that Sunggyu is enjoying it as well. His smile can light up a room. It's a beautiful thing. We're sitting in Dongwoo's apartment. The Dinosaur had decided to throw a party for no particular reason, not that it really needs a reason. There were a lot of people crammed in his tiny apartment, which made moving around almost impossible. The livingroom had become a dance floor for many of the couples, and that's where the YaDong couple could be found now.

Sunggyu and I were standing around the edge of the room. Sunggyu didn't seem too comfortable with dancing, but the boy could drink like a fish. Right now he's looking at me through those tiny glossed over eyes, something about him seems sad, but I can't place what. I decided to stay sober so I could make sure that Sunggyu got home safely, and judging by the way he walk crookedly over to the table with the alcohol, I think I made the right decision. 

I see Sunggyu start talking to some people while he's getting more drinks, and they seem like a fairly odd couple. "Woohyun! This is Myungsoo and Sungyeol." Sunggyu slurs, leaning on my for support. They looked like they were in the same position we were in. Forced to attend and too uncomfortable in the cramped space to dance.

"Nam Woohyun." I shout over the music. Myungsoo seems less than thrilled to meet me, but Sungyeol has a wide smile on his face. Instead of taking my outstretched hand, he decides to hug me instead. I didn't know what to expect, but now I'm really unsure of how this couple works out. 

"I've known them since high school." Sunggyu shouts, he sways off balance, but I'm there to be his support beam for the moment. We get to talking, mostly about the usual chit chat. Work, school, etc. When the door opens, Sungyeol and Myungsoo duck instinctively upon seening who just walked in. I don't really understand it, but I'm pulled down to hide as well. He looked younger than us by a couple years. Long dark hair and big eyes were the only features I could really make out before being forced to hide with the others.

"That's Sungjong. The gossip king!" Sungyeol hissed. "Don't let him know too much, he'll never keep his mouth shut." 

"He'll either be your friend or your enemy." Myungsoo warned, and then I realized it was the first time I'd actually heard him speak. Once Sungjong had disappeared into the massive crowd of people, we came out of our hiding place. Really, I didn't see why they were so afraid of Sungjong, but I didn't want to find out why.  However, fate seemed to want to torture me tonight. As Sungjong made his way to the punchbowl, the other three managed to move in time....without me.

"Why hello. I don't think I've met you." Sungjong looks me over head to toe before quirking and eyebrow.

"Well it's a big party. Surely you don't know everyone." I laugh, grabbing myself my first alcoholic drink of the night. I feel like I'm going to need it for this conversation.

"I do know everyone here.  I even know you." He said, his straight face scaring me a little. "I only said I hadn't met you yet." He pours himself a drink, meanwhile I'm trying to find a way to escape.

"You're Sunggyu's new boy toy." Sungjong announces rather loudly.

"Boyfriend." I correct. Judging by the look on his face he doesn't care about that.

"So...my question for you is: Just how well do you know Sunggyu?" It feels like I have hawk eyes glaring down on me. This kid is like a bird of prey, circling and getting ready to make the kill. "Sunggyu doesn't make friends so easily. What was your trick?"

"I didn't use a trick. I met him on the bus." I answer, but again, Sungjong seems uninterested. He just wants the dirty details.

"Huh." And with that he walked off, leaving me too confused. I didn't have time to think about it for very long as Dongwoo shoved a very dizzy looking Sunggyu into my arms. 

"Woohyun, take him home! He's too drunk!" Dongwoo looked concerned. Judging by the glossed over eyes and the wide smile that Sunggyu gave me, I came to the same conclusion. Suddenly, Dongwoo's finger is in my face, "If you take andvantage of hyung in his drunken state, I will end you." The dinosaur warns. For a moment, the serious look on his face throws me off. Dongwoo was never one to be overly serious, so to see how his eyes glinted ferociously while protecting Sunggyu was something that could scare anyone.

"I won't. I promise!" With that I'm helping Sunggyu out the door, but I soon realize that I have no idea where Sunggyu lives. I pound on Dongwoo's door a few times, but he can't hear me over the obnoxiously loud music. Seriously, how have the cops not been called yet? When I realize that no one it going to answer the door, I turn to find Sunggyu sitting on the top steps of the stairs, leaning his head against the railing. When his head dips foreward I sigh because I know he's asleep. I only have one option. That's to take him home to my place.

I struggle to get the uncoopertative drunk on my back. Once I do, I begin the long journey back to my apartment. I realized that Sunggyu left his jacket back in Dongwoo's apartment, so instead, I take my jacket off and wrap it around him. I ignore the chill that has settled into my skin and continue walking. Sunggyu mumbles something into my neck, and the feeling of his lips moving against the sensitive skin sends chills down my spine. 

"Woohyun...." He calls my name in his sleep and I smile. Even in his inebriated state, he's thinking about me.

We finally arrive at my apartment and I lay the unconcious hamster on my bed as gently as possible. After taking his shoes off, I tuck him in and go to lay on the couch, but a soft call of my name stops me before I reach the bedroom door.

"Come lay with me?" He asks sleeply, and I can't refuse him. I crawl into bed and he cuddles into my chest. I pull him close and I'm overcome by his scent. It's not sweet nor is it not foul. I can only describe it as Sunggyu's scent. His and his alone. 

As we sleep he whispers my name and his name comes out as a sigh.

***

 

Day Sixty-Two

 

Sunggyu is away on business today. It's been awhile since he's been out of town. I'm not sure how I should feel about his long absences  sometimes, but he warned me about them when we first started dating so I guess it's alright. I just wonder what his job is exactly sometimes. Maybe I should ask him whenever he returns. Ever since that night after the party, Sunggyu has been staying over at my apartment a lot. So much so, that now that he's away for work, I can't sleep without him. I don't like his side of the bed being empty. His scent still lingers though, so all I can do is hold tightly to his pillow and desperately await his return. 

The HoDong couple comes over a lot when Sunggyu is gone. Dongwoo once explained that he was worried that I would get lonely by myself for so long. He playfully added that he was also here to make sure I don't cheat on Sunggyu or he'd chop me into tiny pieces and send me down the river. Part of me was always afraid that his playful comment was actually somewhat serious. I could never prove that though.

I'm laying on the couch where it's warm, and all I can picture is Sunggyu's face emerging from the sun light that floods my apartment. It was one morning that, after Sunggyu stayed over, he decided to explore the apartment fully. He threw open the white curtains and for a moment I had a glimpse of heaven. Seeing Sunggyu in the sun light, his smile brighter than the sun itself, makes me wonder how I got so lucky. 

I sneak up behind him, my arms snaking their way around his waist. He turns in my arms, his form illuminated by the warm winter sun, and burrows his face in the crook of my neck. "You should leave the blinds open." He mumbles, not moving from my grasp, "It makes it feel more like home." It's not the sun that makes this apartment feel like home, it's his smile.

I smile at the small memory and wonder if he's thinking about me too. 

 

To: My Angel

Thinking about you~ I hope work is going alright.

 

I grab my keys and bag to go to my own job. I stop at the door and look back at my apartment. What used to be small and lonely was now full of memories and beauty. I only have one person to thank for  that.

My home is wherever he is.

***

 

Day Ninety-Seven

 

Sunggyu and I sit in his car, not moving an inch. We're parked outside my parent's house. I asked Sunggyu a week ago if he'd meet my parents, and at first he was very excited. He wanted to meet the people who created such a 'greaseball' he joked. Now as we sit in the car, he's trembling. His nerves have gotten the better of him. I only watch him as he wrings his hands nervously. I told him that he didn't have to go in. We could visit them another day, but he said that we should while we're here.

That's where we are now. 

Sunggyu is nearing tears and I decide to take the initiative and start up the engine. I pull away from the house and Sunggyu is just looking at me with that guilty look. I stop the car whenever the first sob breaks through. We're in the parking lot to some store. It's basically empty so there's nobody there to disturb us. 

"I'm so sorry." Sunggyu manages to say inbetween sobs. I pull him to my chest, letting him cling desperately to my shirt. I don't know what made him react like that, but I can't stand seeing his tears. Angels shouldn't cry. 

"It's okay baby." I coo at him, running my hand softly through his soft hair. "Like I said earlier, there are always other days." I kick myself as he cries harder. I don't know what to do. I do the only thing I can think of at the moment, and place my lips on his. It works, and he stops crying. When we part, I wipe all the tears off of his face. He gives me half a smile, but I can still see the tears welling up in his eyes.

"Please don't cry anymore." I hug him, so tightly that I don't think that I'll ever let go of him. "I'm sorry. Just please don't cry anymore." I feel my own tea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter