CH.2

Kiss

“Jessi.” You walk into my room with your oh-so-pink-onesie.

 

I smile at the cute sight. “Hm?”

 

“You were right.” You didn’t smile along with me, remaining your stoic face.

 

“What?” I drop my smile and ask.

 

You sit down on my bed while playing with your onesie pocket, “I was selfish.”

 

“What?”

 

“And unfair.” You look up to me with sad eyes. “I was selfish for holding, accepting two hearts in my hands,” You take a deep breath. “unfair because my heart was never owned by two, instead one.”

 

What? Why are you telling me this?

 

You look at me again and drop a single tear. “I broke up with Khun.”

 

“What? Wait…How – “

 

“I realize he never had my heart.”

 

“No Fany don’t you tell yourself that…” I know this will hurt so much but still I have to say it, “there’s love between you and him.”

 

You look at me with a tad bit surprise in your eyes, not expecting me to say that, but you recover well. You let out a little smile and say, “Yes there was Jessi, there was.”

 

I open my mouth wanting to say something but you hold up a finger, “Shhh let me Jess.” I nod obediently, “but the love between was never – it’s a love more than friends but, less than lovers.”

 

What? WHAT?

 

Suddenly you latch on to me, encircling your arms around my waist tightly. I didn’t respond the hug immediately like how I used to, instead lifting up my left hand and rest it on your head. I start to soothe it a little and then I hear you cry.

 

Assuming you are still hurt because of the break up, I say what best friends say. “Don’t cry Fany ah, you’ll find someone – someone better – “

 

“No Jessi no! Didn’t you hear me? I gave my heart to someone else long ago and I – I’m afraid – I just don’t deserve to have her heart again…”

 

Her? Again? So it’s a girl who you had dated before…

 

I smile bitterly, “You should go after her Fany ah, it’s never too late to realize.”

 

You look up from my chest and I see a flicker in your eye, “Really Jessi? Really?”

 

“Yea it’s never too late as I said…” I smile at you but inside I’m dying cause I want to know who’s that lucky girl.

 

“Jessi?” You call for my attention.

 

I look down and you press your lips onto mine. What? You pull back and sit straight on the bed, “It’s you.”

 

“What?” I’m sure the word of the night is – what. I’ve been asking this to her and myself too many times I lost count.

 

“You. The one I gave my heart to is you.”

 

“Me?” I point at myself with bafflement.

 

“Yes you, Jessica Jung. Who else?”

 

“I – I know for sure it’s a girl you had dated but – I never thought that’s me…”

 

“Silly Jessi, how many girls do you think I’ve dated besides you?” You smile.

 

“Well I – we never talked about past relationships when we were together so how will I know?” I can’t show any emotions because I’m way too bewildered.

 

“You were with me since high school age Jess, you know damn well who I’ve dated and there certainly wasn’t any girl…”

 

“Oh okay…”

 

“So I’m now going after ‘her’ as you suggested Jess…”

 

“I – uh am – “

 

You kiss me again tonight. I miss those pair of lips and I’m more than willing to reply the kiss but you still went on with Nichkhun when you had my heart in your hands. I push you away.

 

“Jess…?”

 

“…”

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

“You – you still went on to Nichkhun, Tiffany.” I pause and hold out your palm, looking down to it “even you had my heart.” I use my thumb to trace a heart on your palm, even till now, you still have it.

 

You have my heart Steph and you’re always going to have it. I’ve never had a single thought about taking it back because it chose you, my heart chose you. And I’m going to follow my heart.

 

“I – “

 

“You do know you broke me right?”

 

I have to do this.

 

“I’m sorry…”

 

I knew.

 

“You do know my swollen eyes for the past month was because I cried myself to sleep right?”

 

You need to know.

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

I knew.

 

“You do know I slim down because I lost my appetite right?”

 

You have to know.

 

“I’m – I’m sorry.”

 

I knew.

 

“You do know you should have handled this – handled us better right?”

 

You have to keep that in mind.

 

You didn’t say a word and then you start to sob.

 

“I’m – “ You hiccup. “very sorry” Another hiccup. “Jessi.”

 

I knew, and I forgave you long ago.

 

Neither of us said a word, silently counting the seconds passing by.

 

Love makes one go crazy. Love makes one go irrational. Love makes one go foolish.

 

Love makes me a crazily irrational fool.

 

You broke my heart yet I’m still going to give you a second chance.

 

You hurt me yet I still love you.

 

You left me yet I still want you.

 

“You – you do know you’re not the only Ari fan here right?”

 

“Huh?” I inwardly smile at your clueless face. You’re still like a puppy.

 

“Stephanie, if you want to keep me, you got to love me harder.”

 

“…” Your lips tug upwards noticing the lyrics reference, then your eyes smile along as you notice the meaning behind.

 

You crush me into a bear hug and I hear you whisper,

 

“Jessi this time you’re mine to keep and, I promise there won’t be any next time. I swear.”

 

 

 

 


A/N: There'll be one more chapter about why Tiffany broke up with Nichkhun :P

So please stick with me and wait (you guys have ocean-deep-like patience!!) ><

Thank you very much <3

Till next time surfers~