Over Some Beer and TV

Unexpected Delivery

After a long day of cleaning up their apartment, the three kicked back in their comfortable couch watching television with beer and chips. The baby was sound asleep in the cot that Chanyeol placed in Jongin's room earlier that day.

“I’m so ing exhausted.” Sehun stretched out his long, thin legs and rested them on the coffee table.

“It has only been 2 days.” Chanyeol said in between chugging down beer like a dehydrated camel.

“We’ll survive, somehow.” Jongin shrugged and knocked back half a can in one gulp. “But we’ll have to say good bye to our social life.”

“What social life?” Sehun snorted.

“Its practically over now for me. I skipped out on Sera’s party.” Over the past few hours, Chanyeol had come to accept that his partying days were of the past now.
“Look at us! We’re like middle aged man, drinking beer while watching football.”
“Makes me feel like we should be all nostalgic and .”
“I don’t know why but I am reminded of the first time we met.”
“Sehun and I have known each other since forever.”
“I don’t remember making friends with you. We were kinda forced into this friendship by our moms.” Sehun laughed about it.
“I remember my first time talking to Jongin in middle school. He was such a ing nerd back then. He was this scrawny that always hung around teachers, currying their favour.” Chanyeol contributed.
“Don’t speak of my dark days, please.”
“This motherer ratted on me when I copied his homework.”
“Stop making me apologise for something that happened ages ago.”
“But like, look at you guys now. Y’all are majoring in the same subject and in the same school and are living in the same apartment.” Sehun smirked at the other two, “So gay.”
“Nah, man. Jongin is the only gay one here.”
“Excuse me?” Jongin replied with an offended voice. “Who was the one who was making out with a guy?”
“I was drunk and he looked like a girl!” Chanyeol defended himself.
“Ah, yes. That’s why they call him princess Seokjin right?”
“Says the one who had a legit crush on a guy.” Sehun piped in and reached over Jongin to high five Chanyeol.
“In my defence, Kyungsoo really is cute. Even as a guy.”
“But you were pathetic! You joined the chorale to be in the same club as him and went to every single party he went to but you never actually spoke to him!”
“Like a creepy stalker.” Sehun stated.
“Like a creepy stalker.” Chanyeol agreed and stretched his hand out to Sehun, “Bring it in boy.”
“ y’all. Are we forgetting Sehun’s parrot hair days?”
Chanyeol laughed loudly and shouted, “That day when it rained and he got caught in it.”
“Shut up. We saved your dumb when Jongin asked if you wanted to share an apartment.”
“Oh, yeah.” Chanyeol quietened down and frowned at a bad memory, “It was bad living with Kyungsoo.”
“Jongin should have gotten you to set him up with Kyungsoo.”
“Stop it!” Jongin pleaded, “I’m so over him already.”
“I remember when I complained to him about my living conditions with Soo, Jongin was being all blush-y and .”
“I saved your sorry from that devil so let’s stop talking about Kyungsoo.”
“Awwww, look who’s getting all shy now?”
“Shut up before I call Seokjin over.”

 

The three of them continued in this childish manner until the minute hand that was slowly creeping to midnight caught Sehun’s attention.

“Guys, I’m exhausted and I need to sleep before school tomorrow.”
“Its not even 12???” Chanyeol asked in a puzzled voice.
“Sehun is right. We should get some sleep because tomorrow is gonna be one hell of a day.”
“Yeah, I don’t know about you but I would prefer getting as much sleep as I can get before running around the school with a 4kg dumpling.”
Jongin and Sehun stood up; picking up crumbs of snacks and empty beer cans to dispose of them.

“Well, look at you two. Sometimes I wonder if having the baby here is a good or bad thing.”
Jongin stopped mid stride and turned around, “What do you mean?”
“I mean, look, two days into this and we’ve already changed so much. Having her around will turn our lives 360°.”

“We need this change, Yeol.” Jongin replied as he continued walking.

“You always worry too much about changes.” Sehun did not even turn around and yet Chanyeol could still hear the smirk in his voice.
“Shut up. It’s part of me. This is who watashi-really-wa.”


A/N: Hello~! Sorry for the late and crappy update. Just some interaction between the three without the kid. ^o^ I'll be taking a break from updating until September because school ;^; Wish me all the best with my projects and stuff. Please subscribe, comment and upvote~~ :)
❤️Meg