Spring Cleaning

Unexpected Delivery

“Y’know, it’ll be good if we cleaned up this hole.” Sehun said the second morning they got the baby while sipping at his coffee.
“That’s pretty rare coming from you.” Chanyeol replied from the stove as he flipped their mushroom omelette to perfection.
“But, y’know, dumpling princess might catch something weird.” Just as he had started the sentence, Jongin had walked in with his toothbrush in his mouth.
“Yersh! Gud shinking Shehurn! Donch wand princhess shirck!”
“Please don’t talk with your mouth full of fluoride. And you’re spitting them at me.” Sehun swiped at his shoulder angrily. “Plus, we need a plan for tomorrow. We have classes and a baby.”
Jongin jogged to the kitchen sink and quickly rinsed his mouth before declaring a spring-cleaning day and a household chore timetable.
“Har?” Chanyeol scowled at his omelette, the colour was not perfect. “Seriously? Man, I promised Sera to go to the her house party tonight.”
The room fell silent for a while; the thought of them ditching their party animal lifestyle in just two days felt mortifying. Even Sehun who does not party as hard as the other two felt a huge burden settle on his shoulders. College students should not feel this weighed down right?

Jongin clapped his hands together; the sound was like two huge slabs of granite slamming into each other at high speed in that silence. “We’ll take turns cleaning up the house and taking care of the baby. And Chanyeol, you should go to that party since you already promised someone. Everyone fine with that?”
“Sure.” The two said, synchronised, as Chanyeol slid the omelette onto a clean plate and Sehun continued drinking his daily coffee. Life still went on even with obstacles.

But that did not mean that life would be easy.

It was Jongin’s turn to take care of the baby while the other two cleaned up the house starting from the common areas. Jongin sat himself on his bed with the baby on his lap. At first, he tried sitting upright, but it was too uncomfortable for him – he slouches a lot. Then, he tried lying flat with the baby on top of him but she kept rolling around and it was hard to breathe. Next, he tried lying the baby on the bed by herself, but it seems like she likes to squirm and it looked like she could fall off any moment. Finally, he resorted to pacing his small, bare room and rocking her in his arms.

“Oh, you cute little honey bun, you’re so cute you’re melting your uncle’s heart. I just wanna squish you in my arms but you might break. You’re soooooo tinnyyyyy! You’re going to grow up to be an amazing woman, we’ll make sure of that.” Jongin cooed and pouted his lips to the little wide-eyed baby that was her thumb.
“Gross!” He turned around to Chanyeol leaning on his doorframe, “My hair literally stood on its ends. Please don’t do that again.”
“OooOoooO What about you Chanyeol-ie? Your biiiiigg eyes and biiiiiiggg ears are going to scare off all that ladies next time.” Jongin continued in the same fashion, deciding the only way to make Chanyeol not talk about it is to out-gross him.
“Will you two stop flirting and Yeol hurry up and clean up the trash? I need to mop the floor.” Sehun’s voice rang out clear from the living room, which caused Chanyeol to glare at Jongin accusingly, flicking him off while he was at it. “I guess it worked.” The baby took Jongin’s carefree laugh as an opportunity to stick her saliva-drenched palm on his well-defined face.

 

Sehun squirmed in his seat slightly, trying not to seem visibly uncomfortable. He was seated in the kitchen, alone with the baby on the table staring straight into his quivering pupils. Clenching his cold fists into a tight ball on his lap, the blond thought that if he broke the silence, perhaps the baby would stop staring at him. His eyes shifted to the side, the sound of him clearing his throat bounced off the cold walls of the kitchen and with his best sultry voice, he nodded at the baby girl, “So, how is it going?”
“Jesus Christ, Sehun! You’re supposed to be babysitting her, not dating her. Get out of here and get Yeol in here.” Jongin barged into the kitchen and chased the worst babysitter in the house out.

“I’m useless…” Sehun sighed as he shuffled towards Chanyeol with slumped shoulders, “all I’m good at is cleaning. I should be an old maid.”
“The is wrong with you?” Chanyeol had a look of disbelief plastered on his face; with his eyebrows knitted he commented that Sehun was being gross and that he should get over himself.

It was barely 5 minutes when a moping Sehun heard Chanyeol getting chased away too. He, too, had the same expression as Sehun before. Dejected, he continued picking away at the excessive amount of stuff they had piled up in the corner of their living room. From reading materials, to empty boxes, they dug up both prized possesions and junk that needed to be thrown away.
“Umm, so,” Sehun broke the silence between the two that were rejected by Jongin as babysitters, “why did Jongin chase you away?”
“He said that I’d make a very good uncle. Like those that occasionally pop by once in awhile.”
“Oookay, so what does he mean by that?”
“He said I was dangerous for the kid!”
Chanyeol sounded genuinely heartbroken that Sehun unconsciously patted him on the back twice while saying “There, there. Y’know he didn’t mean that. It’s just how he is! And its his niece afterall so, you have to understand where he is coming from.”
“Yeah! Even though saying that letting kids play with knives is totes unreasonable.” That sentence got Chanyeol a huge smack on his back from Sehun.
“Then, you totally deserve it, idiot!!”


A/N: Hello all~ I'm drowning in school work and i might not update next week because its my birthday I have 2 assignments due next week and I'm not even close to done yet. Wish me luck ;^; Subscribe, upvote and comment!!!! 🙆
❤️Meg