Hard At Work

Unexpected Delivery

Sehun had his laptop balanced on top of his stretched out legs, scrolling at a lengthy baby care PDF file while Chanyeol gently lowered the baby on the cold, linoleum floor of the hallway outside the kitchen. “Ehhhh, you have to use the baby wipes – not toilet paper. It’ll give the baby a rash.” Sehun did not even lift his eyes from the screen when he barked out an order, “Go get the baby wipes here.”
“…” Chanyeol kept silent as he made himself comfortable on the floor and folded his lanky limbs.
“What are you waiting for? Go!” Sehun looked up to a serious faced Chanyeol.
“No, you’re going to do it.”
“I carried the baby and I paid for the diapers too.”
“Well, too bad you’re the richest amongst the three of us.”
“Well, maybe you should get a job.” Chanyeol lashed out, irritated that Sehun was bossing him around so much these days.
“Oh, I’m so sorry, Mr Popular Youtuber/ Youth influencer. But juggling a part time job and my studies is tougher than you think. Maybe you should try majoring in Literature instead of your stupid communications? What do you do all day? Run around with a camera? Talk to it?”
“At least I don’t try to imitate people who died 1000 years ago. Maybe your backward ways is why you don’t have a girl either. Throwing rocks on her window at 12AM, ain’t gonna work honey.”
“Okay, firstly, Romeo DID NOT throw pebbles at Juliet’s window, mind you.” Sehun rolled him his sleeves and lowered his laptop to the floor, getting riled up, “Secondly, literature isn’t all just about Sharespeare and old people. It’s a pretty modern thing too okay. And lastly, jus-”

 

Sehun was cut off by Jongin’s croak of terror when he came out of the washroom, witnessing his darling dumpling lying on the cold hard ground. “What were you guys doing?????!!” He swooped up the baby and threw accusing glares at the two. “Fighting when you’re already in the last year of your university? Embarassing! And you haven’t even changed the dumpling’s diapers.”

 

“Ah. I forgot.” The two on the floor, looked up at the towering figure above them and said the same thing at the same time before breaking out into a fight again.

“Its all Chanyeol’s fault!
“Its all your fault!”
“Its cause you didn’t want to get the baby wipes and called me ol-”
“Its cause you were being so pushy an-”

 

“Enough!! You’re acting like you’re 12! The two of you! Walk it off!”

 

Mumbling vulgarities under their breath and jabbing the other when they thought Jongin was not looking, the two stormed out of the small apartment three of them shared just outside of their campus.

 

“Ah.” Jongin froze with sudden realisation. He chased the two of them out of the house and left himself some baby poop to clean up alone. “I’m a ing idiot.”

 

Jongin stood over the laptop Sehun left and 2 very warm spots on the floor. “I feel like I shouldn’t look in his laptop but he was probably researching on how to cle-”
“Oh, ya! Jongin!” Sehun popped his head back into the apartment, “You need to clean the with baby wipes or a rash will develop!”
“If you can say that, perhaps you could help me?” He gestured to the diapers with his free hand while silently thanking Sehun for coming back.
“Okay, fine. I was researching and like,” Sehun continued in this matter-of-fact voice and listed down a number of things that one should do when changing a baby diapers. Whilst he was doing that, Chanyeol returned without a single word but walked straight into the kitchen.

“Okay, here. A towel, baby wipes and plastic bag for the dirty diaper.” Chanyeol dumped everything on the floor and took a seat too.

In their tiny circle with the baby in the centre, the three of them set off to work.
 

“Okay, so like this?” Jongin uncertainly followed the video tutorial that the three of them had their eyes glued to. “And then,”

“Oh! It’s a girl!” Chanyeol announced.
“I’m not sure if that’s good or not.”
“True…” Sehun piped in, “at least when she is 16 she’ll have 3 dads fending off the pests.”
“Yeah, she’s going to be a killer.” Jongin agreed and his hands suddenly alien to him, stopped working.
“Okay, please carry on cleaning her and stop talking about things like that with her exposed.”
“Shut up, Chanyeol.”


A/N: I think updating on Wed is going to be a thing now. Mid week update to help everyone tide through life and stuff. With my term break over now and assignments piling up, I'm updating faster than I'm writing this fic T^T I'll try my best to keep to the weekly updates but no promises!
Also, it'll make my day if you'll upvote, subscribe and comment. Or maybe share this fic with your friends. Wish me luck with school! :>

 ❤️ Meg