UNLOCK!

UNLOCK!

CHAPTER TWO

It was noisy outside of Kim Yunah's front porch, the media literally camped all night just to have an interview with her.

It was a riot, the presscon last night was like a stage play but instead of a drama it became a comedy act. Yunah had a headache, a big one by the name of Kim Hyun Joong.

Her Hyejung Unnie fainted and was so sorry it happened at her most important event.

Let those reporters stay but they will get nothing from her. She knew the same thing was chaos right in front of that man's porch!

"Ha! Let that Hyeon Joong handle all this madness himself. I have my own problems to take care of," Yunah sighed.

Yunah almost forgot about her own schedules, "Oh God! Talking about problems, I am scheduled for a photoshoot at 1 pm this afternoon with SS501."

"Darn it! He's going to be there, God help me!" She shouted.

Yunah can't stand his very sight and have protected their secret for the past four years it still hurt to even think about it.

Those four years... A wasteland of memories.

Four years ago, they've met in a party hosted by a mutual friend. It was love at first sight. The minute she saw him, sparks flew over and she fell head over heels in love.

The same goes with him, after the party he pursued her although she never thought he was actually courting her. Then she learned that he was about to debut as an Idol singer and was Leader of the group SS501.

Yunah have no qualms with Hyeon Joong being an idol because she herself still struggled in the figure skating world.

There were times when he accompanied her through her hard rehearsals and helped her with her skills. He liked figure skating or maybe she thought she was an influence but he supported her through and through.

But the problem was his company. Much as Yunah wanted to be there in every event they have, she can't. The company didn't allow their talents to have a relationship in public and Yunah hated the fact that they have to hide their relationship.

"Call me selfish and immature but back then that's how I have always felt," she thought to herself.

Yunah wanted a place where she can be with Hyeon Joong and not hidden.

But like she said, she was selfish back then and with Hyeon Joong's blunt and sometimes straightforward words, they've clashed and fought over simple matters.

Then came one night, when they had a fight and Yunah wanted out of the relationship.

She was set to go to California for six months of train under an American coach. Yunah wanted to come because it was a once in a lifetime opportunity for her. Hyeon Joong didn't want her to go, she had explained all the great possibilities of training under an American coach but he wouldn't listen.

The memory was still clear in her mind.

"This is a great chance for me Hyeon Joong, please allow me to got to the States."

Hyeon Joong eyed her quietly. With those big black eyes of his, anyone who looked straight at those pair will get into it and drowned.

Yunah can't look straight, she knew those eyes will melt the ice cold anger inside of her.

"You will be alone there. Who will looked after you? California is not your typical Seoul, Yunah." Hyeon Joong explained.

"I know but I can take care of myself. I am a grown up," she stared at him waiting.

He stared at her and she saw his eyes traveled from her feet upwards. The darned man! She felt giddy inside.

"Stop that Hyeon Joong!"

"I want to see how grown up you were Yunah. And the answer is still no."

This man, was so selfish. She can't stand it!

"I will go to California whether you approved or not. Please trust me on this Hyeon Joong. Let me mature on my craft, have I been so supportive of yours too?"

That simple plea drove the nail and made him mad.

He stood up from the chair and walked straight to her and he suddenly imprisoned her in a tight hug. Goosebumps rushed all over Yunah. She sensed him trembled, with controlled anger."

"Hyeon Joong, if you can't accept this situation between us, maybe we both need to lay low for a while."

The thought killed Yunah in an instant but she had to be brave and faced the consequence. He has his group and his dreams, this was her dream. She wanted to further grow and achieve everything on her own merits.

"You want us to separate?" His voice cracked and he trembled even more. He hugged me even tighter and she can't breath. Hyeon Joong literally took her breath away.

"I don't want to Hyeon Joong. You know I don't want to." Tears trailed down Yunah's cheeks and stained his Lecoq shirt. It wouldn't stop, it just went on and on.

He carried her bridal style and sat on a couch and placed her on his lap she continued to cry on his shoulders. He held her and let her cry until no more tears came down from her eyes.

And when he sensed her calmed down, he held her face with both his hands and looked straight at her tear soaked face. His eyes were pleaded as well, searching for the right answer.

She can feel him struggled inside, the muscles in his jaw twitched. Hyeon Joong caressed her lips with his right thumb, his head slowly coming down to kiss her.

And just before his lips touch hers, he said. "Let's get married now."

And sealed the proposal with a kiss.


My head ached, we got married four years ago. I went to California and trained but it took longer than I thought. Six months turned to one year, both Hyeon Joong and I communicated through phones and emails but as he grew so busy with his group, so was I. He wanted me back after the six months but I was tied up with my schedules.

His calls became less and less. Yunah tried her best to call him as many times as she can. The minute her training ended, Yunah flew back to Seoul and tried to call him. But his number changed, she tried to contact him through DSP but was told Hyeon Joong was in Japan.

Yunah tried to visit his house but she can't find the courage to face his parents. She was an absentee girlfriend or should she say wife to their son. She can't just barged in their home and say, "Anneunghaseo Omma, Appa! I am your daughter in law Kim Yunah."

She decided to wait for Hyeon Joong to come back from his Japan activities. But again time was not their greatest ally and so they drifted apart just like that.

Her phone jolted Yunah back to reality,  the reality that they've been separated for the past four years.

The husband and wife term was nothing to both of them... a wasteland.

Yunah answered her phone and rushed to prepare her things for the afternoon photoshoot with SS501.

The thought sent shivers down her spine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Inside DSP's official van, the five SS501 members still ride and went to events together. Hyeon Joong wanted everyone to travel together, even though they  have their own personal cars but if it's an event or anything related to work, Hyeon Joong wanted the five of them together in one car.

He learned this through the past DSP president. And since his retirement, and him being a major stock holder have to pull in the reins for DSP. It was Jungmin who talked him into and invested money at DSP. Jungmin was very good in business handling, his online RTW shop was the in thing now in Korea.

It was true, Hyeon Joong owned 75 percent of DSP but what his brothers didn't know was that they were his silent partners because 40% of his share was divided to the four of them and they're silently earning their fair share at DSP.

All his money means nothing if he doesn't share it with the people he loved the most. His family, his brothers and... her.

Hyeon Joong's mind kept thinking about her again.

The presscon was a chaos but he didn't really care much about it. The headline was sure funny though.

"SS501 Leader and DSP CEO, in a tangled love affair with Korea's Ice Princess, Kim Yunah."

Tangled love affair? What does the media know anyway. He's not about to give them the details, his life was his own to live. Hyeon Joong have been private most of his life, he's not about to start going public just to satisfy them.

Triple S were devastated , DSP hotlines and their own phones were bombarded with fans calling. He'll let them be for a while, Hyeon Joong knew that the fans will understand this later on and will be mature enough to accept it.

To those people who understand him as well, they will trust him to clear things up in time.

Hyeon Joong felt sorry for his brothers because he kept the secret with them for the past four years. It's true they knew about Yunah but they didn't know that they've got married four long years ago.

Hyeon Joong knew he owed them an explanation and he will be damned if kept it to himself a minute longer. He looked at them one by one.

Youngsaeng, silent as ever. Hyeon Joong knew he was curious about the revelation but will wait for him to talk, Youngsaeng  will not force him.

Kyujong, he's a little confused. Hyeon Joong can understand that because Kyujong was very traditional when it comes to family. He knew Kyujong wanted him to explain the hows and the whys.

Jungmin, Hyeon Joong thought understood him so well and will not pry unless provoked.

And Hyeong Joongie? The little cutie was always a cutie. He loved  Maknae and knew that the youngest member was the most surprised of the four. Hyeon Joong thought he saw him turned sad after the revelation but still Maknae's too cute when he sulked.

It's time to come out and level with them.

"I am sorry I held the secret of my marriage with you guys." Hyeon Joong confessed.

Four pair of eyes looked back at him, Hyeon Joong waited for an outburst but none came.

There was a long silence then Youngsaeng broke the ice.

"We've been together Hyeon Joong for almost 10 years now and the four of us agreed that circumstances behind the secrecy might have been difficult for you that's why you kept it to yourself." Youngsaeng sighed then continued.

"We all understand you too well, your silence. Keeping the burden and sparing us the trouble. We all appreciate you for that but please remember that we are your brothers and we too would like to share your burden."

Youngsaeng looked at his Leader and friend, this bedimpled man understood him too well. Hyeon Joong bowed to them and asked for an apology.

"Forgive your Leader, I should have trusted you guys. I am sorry."

Maknae was on the verged of crying so Kyu placed his arm over his shoulder.

"Hyung, we could have given you a stag party back then," Maknae said.

Everyone looked at Maknae and laughed at the same time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a little stuffy inside the photo studio, even thought the air condition was in full blast, Yunah can't shake the warm feeling inside. She felt feverish, could this be exhaustion or the thought of seeing him again made her sick.

And as if the fates would have decreed, this photo shoot happens. She can hear buzzes from the female staff of the studio, the men must be preparing or something.

Ack! She hate this waiting stuff, hoped this will end quickly, she needs to go somewhere.

And then they came out one by one. She can still remember them seeing up close and personal, they were and still charming as ever.

The smiling man, Jungmin came out first, bowed and smiled at her. Yunah returned the gesture. Then he was followed by Kyujong and the youngest in the group, Hyeong Joon. These men have matured for the last four years, and they do deserve where they were now.

And just like Jungmin they both smiled and bowed at her.

Then Youngsaeng came out, same gesture, Yunah felt uneasy. From the four other members, she was actually scared of Youngsaeng, she feel his protectiveness over Hyeon Joong.

And speak of the devil, he came out last. She held her breath, he's still handsome as ever. He wore a pair of black jeans with white polo shirt ed just below his rib cage, she can see his chest bulging out. Yunah didn't know how long she stared.

"Did you like what you see, KIM Yunah." The sarcasm was at it again, and with full emphasis on his last name.

"I don't think so, Kim Hyeon Joong," rolled her eyes and walked away from him to powder her nose.

SS501 were the first to be photographed. As usual, being with the cameras for many years, the five of them mastered the art of posing. The photo session with group was fun that Yunah didn't hear the assistant called out her name.

"Kim Yunah shii, it's your turn." The assistant guided her up at the small set up stage with lots of fake flowers and rainbow in the back ground. A few shots from the center,a few poses with the fake flowers then it was time for her to strike poses with the MEN.

Everything went out smoothly, Yunah loved the part with Maknae Hyeong Joong gave her a bouquet of roses then Jungmin tried to steal it away. Her heart almost stopped  when the photographer ordered herself and Hyeon Joong to take their places. Yunah dreaded this moment of the two of them together.

Then she saw her Hyejung Unnie and Junjin Oppa talked to the staff. Hyejung saw her and Yunah thought she saw her grinned, then she waved, Yunah nodded at her and smiled back.

Yunah sat on the make shift swing, Hyeon Joong at her back, held the rope swing and posed. Flashes went off continuously and the photographer shouted orders upon orders. Yunah felt the floor spinning, everything inside her shut down. She wanted this finished quickly, she was like a robot in her poses.

"Yunah shii! Please loosen up a little, you're getting stiffer." The photographer shouted. Yunah saw Hyejung talked to Junjin Oppa, she thought her Unnie looked pale from something.

"Junjin ah, those two were at it again. Look how stiff Yunah was and her blasted husband's doing nothing to ease the tension."

Junjin was quick to comfort his wife,"Don't mind the children Hyejung." Then laughed out hard.

The photographer shook his head in disgust, Yunah breathed in and out and relaxed a bit. The photographer was mad because she can't seem to make the picture he wanted. Hyeon Joong wasn't a help either.

"Feeling the tension, Yunah?" Hyeon Joong whispered, felt his breath on her nape.

"I just want this over and done with so I can stay away from you," she complained and shivered at her words.

"Watch it, you made me sound like an ogre with that remark of yours." Hyeon Joong looked hurt from her words.

"An ogre? You could be. No, you are!" She shouted, all her self control gone awry.

"The Ice Princess and her tantrums I believe," Hyeon Joong said with a smirk on his handsome face.

"Ack! You're hopeless, Hyeon Joong! Hopeless," she shoved the words in his face.

The entire crew and the rest of the members all stared at them. This was going to be another bout of madness, Yunah doesn't want to be in it anymore. She stood up from the swing and walked away.

"Are you running away from me again, Yunah?" His words taunting but she continued to walk away.

"You did that four years ago, and you're doing it again," he bellowed at her.

Yunah stopped, she did it four years ago? She ran away from him four years ago? What the heck! Yunah turned around and eyed him fiercely.

"Look who's talking, I came back but you were no where to be found. DSP won't give me your number which I can understand perfectly. I just couldn't barged in to your house and asked for you and faced your parents."

"And why didn't you? My parents KNEW everything about us Yunah." Hyeon Joong was fighting mad.

"And did I know that? How will I know that Hyeon Joong, you never told me anything at all." She was too consumed with anger that she didn't noticed the staff stopped their work and watched them open mouthed..

Maknae wanted to cry from the exchanges he's saw. Kyujong and Youngsaeng drank water to distract themselves and Jungmin fanned himself, eyes rolled heavenward and obviously ashamed at the tyrst.

"This is madness, I think the photoshoot's almost finished so I'm going first." Yunah continued her march.

"Yunah, I tried to call you," Hyeon Joong was surprised at his own words, he was actually explaining himself.

Yunah turned and faced him, "You didn't tried very hard Hyeon Joong."

No response, he just stared back at her. She saw his jaw twitch, he's controlling his anger once again then he spoke after they locked gazes.

"Where are you going?" He asked in a low voice.

The whole studio went into chaos the moment Yunah shouted the words at him.

"I am going to school, to fetch Seungwoo, your son!"

All hell broke loose.

Hyejung fainted once again, Junjin caught her in the nick of time.

Kyujong and Youngsaeng both coughed out the water they drank.

Maknae fell from his chair and Jungmin was too busy fanning himself to pick him up.