chapter 1- goodbyes comes with hellos

are you going to step up?

        

tumblr_nhw3xayLp21sl0rwco1_400.gif
-xx-

"Well I know where I am going mom, dad you guys can go" it was outside the university of Seoul where a young man was with his parents saying their goodbyes

"Are you trying to get rid of us?" his mom gave strict cold eyes towards his son as she assumed the son wants them to leave quickly.

" What? No! Mum why would I? I-I...just Wanted you to beat the traffic" the young man laughed nervously, reminding himself to speak carefully in front of his parents.

"Anyhoo, if my father can see me sending my son to university studying to be a lawyer he would be so proud!" the father gave an awkward pat on his sons shoulder. "I'm really grateful that you stopped doing that dancing business" that sentence struck a chord for the son of his, but he quickly smothered it with a fake smile.

"Oh but you have...y-you've Shown me the reality d-dad" the son said through gritted teeth.

"Anyways me and your mother will be going son, do us proud eh? You'll never know you might be better than me" the son forcefully nods.

"Remember to wash your self-every day! You’re a man now!" the son of hers looks around to see random people stare and snicker at him.​ 'Damn it mum' he thought.

This young embarrassed man is named Cha Hakyeon. He moved to Seoul not so long ago from Changwon to attend university as a lawyer. But he has something else on his mind. What? You may ask? It's is the movements of his feet, the swaying of his hands. Him feeling the beat playing in the background. Yes its dance.​ But due to his family (mostly his dad) pushing down on reality he had to face responsibility and put his dream on hold, and by jingo

Did he hate himself for it? 

 

"307, 307 where are you?" Hakyeon mumbles as he walk through the corridors of the dorms on his papers it says that he'll share with a student doing performing arts, talk about rubbing it in your face eh? Eventually finding the door he opens it carefully with his key to find a quite spacious dorm lay before him. The kitchen fuses with the living room, two doors indicating the bedrooms and you could see the view of Seoul by the oversized window.

"Oh my doughnuts" he blurts out without thinking.

"Oh you must be Hakyeon! I see you're enjoying the look of this dorm, that what you get for joining a university like this. The names Mino"​this quite stylish dude surprised Hakyeon out of nowhere. "Oh hello, wow never knew this would be so modern" hakyeon respectively gave a bow towards his roommate.

"Hehe no need to be formal we're roommates remember? You're my hyung! and don't be surprised! this is one of the best universities!" this took a big weight of the boy’s shoulders.

"Really? You look older..."He mused.

"Well may I ask where my bedroom is" he pointed towards his luggage.

"Oh! Your bedroom is the second door" he pointed to the selected bedroom. Hakyeon gave a slight nod and walked towards his new bedroom. It's plain at the moment but with a few changes it will feel like home. Hakyeon starts to put pictures of memories on the wall; when he 1st won his 1st battle, his 1st backflip, and his showcase in his high school. All of this brought a smile to his face but after a few seconds like the sun going down it started to fade away. "What am I thinking? A lawyer?" he thought to himself. This is going to be hard...

-xx-

 

 

"Didn’t I tell you not to dance anymore? you should be thinking of more realistic things like...a teacher, doctor, police woman not a dancer!" this is normal to Brooke, being nagged by you step mother while your father turns a blind eye to this. 'He wouldn't be like this if mum was still alive' she thought. At this time she would be down at the park seeing local break dancers do their thing and dance herself. She has a reputation of being the one who flows with the music, she loves it personally but today she couldn't deal with this .

I don't see why you're bothered by this it doesn't hurt you does it? Let me be" Brooke retorted.

"Don’t speak to you mother like that Brooke" her father but in.

"Excuse me she isn’t my mother never will be and you know that!" with that she walked out of the house and towards the park of central Seoul. 

"Hey Brookie! You’re kind of late dude" Ravi one of the dancers there greeted her.

"Shut up, you know the step monster and how she is" she pushed him lightly and put her bag near the boom box. Both of them along with other spent the sunny afternoon dancing to their hearts content.

"Damn Brooke no one can compete, you have your mother’s genes for sure!" Sooyeon dropped onto the floor, her hands searching for water like a snake searching for prey.

"Well maybe I have" she gives a mischievous smile unto her peers.

 

-xx-

 

 

 

"Yo Mino I’m going to explore outside yeah?" lay shouts as he puts on his shoes after unpacking his luggage.

"Yeah sure come home safe though" Mino returns the action while on the couch watching TV. Hakyeon soon sets on to explore the area which surround the campus. He passes through shops cafes clubs but one park intrigues him. Why? Faintly he can see dancing figures moving to the beat he can also hear. Without thinking he walks towards the park and simply watch the males and females dance. 'Wow they can feel the music but that on girl...she takes it to another level' he thinks to himself while watching one girl move. 'Who is she?'

 

-Xx-

 

While dancing she could feel eyes looking at her and not some bystander. She looks towards the culprit and sees a guy somewhat his age just staring at her. Took a few seconds for the guy to notice that she's staring at him and was startled, she could only give a smirk before going back into the groove.

 

 

-Xx-

 

' she notice!' he panics as he sees the smirk plastered on her face before dancing again. During the course of the time he was contemplating whether to go up and talk to her. Hakyeon never gave interest towards girls to be honest dance was the female in his life along with his mother of course. When the group of dancer finished he finally had the courage to talk to her. ’I’m walking, I’m walking' he thought, but when he saw the interesting girl talk to some guy he stopped abruptly. 'I’m backing away, I’m backing away' he said as he coolly walked the other direction. 'Great well done hakyeon' he's going to regret it.

 

-Xx-

 

When her peers and her finished she looked to where the mysterious guy again and saw him still there in his spot. 'Oh he wants to talk to me' she thought as she saw him walk towards her. But some other guy beat him to it. "Hey can I speak to you for a minute?" she still kept her eye on the man and saw him walk the other direction. She couldn't help but feel a pang of disappointment.

"You got 58 seconds" she said coldly towards the stranger before her.

 

"...have you ever heard of stereo mafia?"