||His Confession||

Loving A Kingka [Short Story]

 

"Abonim, Omonim. I've decided to go home today." I announced to the three figures in front of me.

 

"But why?" Abonim questioned.

 

"Well, she is my mom after all. And anyways, I think it would be best if I at least visit her, if not to return."

 

"Well, if anything, just know that we'll be waiting to accept you once again." Omonim said as she gave me a hug.

 

"I'll walk her home." Jonghyun said as he wore his sneakers.

 

"B-but.. Mom would.."

 

"I know, but it's the least I could do for you." He said.

 

I bowed to them once more before leaving.

 

"Are you okay now? After.. You know.." He asked.

 

"Y-Yeah.. Better..Thanks again.. For saving me.." I thanked him as we reached my front door.

 

I told him to go home first but he insisted on waiting for me to go in first before leaving.

 

Mom opened the door.

 

"You again? Urgh, get in." She directed her words to me.

 

"You can go now, Oppa. Thank you." I bowed to him.

 

"It's alright." He smiled.

 

I went in and was about to turn around and greet him once again when Mom told me to get in my room.

 

I could still hear their conversation from here.

 

"Jonghyun-sshi, I appreciate you being very caring of my daughter. But we don't need your sympathy. So just go on with your life. And don't even think of seeing my daughter again." She said.

 

"B-But auntie, I saved her from getting ."

 

"You think I'll believe that crap?! Boy, you sure don't know who you're talking to. I've been through high school myself, I would know." She continued.

 

I heard the door being slammed and I immediately climbed into bed, hoping she won't come into my room.

 

Which she did not.

 

---

 

It's the start of the week again and it's a schooling day.

 

"I'll be going." I said as I wakied out of the house.

 

I heard a horn and looked up.

 

Jonghyun, uh-oh.

 

I ignored him and continued walking on the sidewalk as his car drove at my pace.

 

"(_____)-ah, why are you ignoring me?" He asked but I continued to ignore him and cross the road.

 

As my house was finally out of view, I began talking to him.

 

"I'm really sorry, Jonghyun Oppa. I have to do this so that my mom won't give me another lecture later. I hope you understand. And please don't wait for me before school or send me home after school anymore. I'm afraid one day she might see." I said as I hopped into his car.

 

"Ehh? But I can still send and fetch you from here right? She won't see us. I'll drop you off somewhere close where she wouldn't see. Like I said, it's the least I could do for you."

 

"I guess."

 

---

 

He dropped me off right before my house was in sight.

 

But as I walked closer, I spotted a strangely familiar car in front of my house.

 

"Heyy, isn't that Joon's car? I remember the car plate number being X91X," Jonghyun said.

 

Oh my, what IS his car doing there?

 

Don't tell me... NO!

 

I ran home.

 

I slammed the door open to see my mom and Joon talking in a heated discussion.

 

"Ahh, there she is now~! (_____)-ah, your friend here came for quite a while and was looking for you."

 

I was still standing outside and I knew Jonghyun was behind me when my mom's face darkened.

 

Joon walked towards me with a bouquet in hand.

 

"(_____)-ah, I'm terribly sorry for what I did to you the other day. Please accept this." He said, raising the flowers to my level.

 

I felt my fingers twitch to get the flowers but I suddenly felt Jonghyun hugging me from the back.

 

"No.. Don't go to him.. I.. I think I'm starting to love you, (_____).. I really do.." He whispered to me.

 

Mom glowered when she saw what was happening.

 

She told Joon to go and he did, after placing the flowers in my hand.

 

The moment he walked away, Jonghyun released me.

 

I thought he was only acting as if he really was starting to love me when he pulled away, but I was reassured when Jonghyun turned me around and hugged me again.

 

"Please, don't go.. Please, just give a chance to prove that I'm not like the kingkas your mother told you. Neither am I that bad because I'm rich. I'll prove to her and you that I'm different." He continued.

 

"Oppa.."

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 
Hmm, maybe another?
Hah, I almost completed the whole story.
But I want to keep the suspense.
And, I kept my promise to keep this a short story~!