||First Encounter With Jonghyun Sunbae||

Loving A Kingka [Short Story]

 

I came back from school only to be greeted by a drunk mother.

 

"Yah, Jung (_____). What did you do in school? Did you get good grades? I didn't send you to school for nothing. Neither did I send you to school to get around with boys, especially those kingkas. That jerk of a father of yours was a kingka too, and he was no different from them. Sleeping around with other women when I'm not home. Getting drunk everyday after work. Abusing me. Tch, it was a pity he didn't abuse you." Umma blabbered.

 

I ignored her words and made my way upstairs.

 

I could still hear her mumbling something about how I never listen to her and how I was being ungrateful to a mother like her.

 

Was she even up to the standard of being a mother?

 

No matter how much I complain to myself to run away from home, I never really brought myself to it.

 

She was still my mother, even if I didn't like it.

 

And no matter how many times I defy her, I would always find myself coming back to this house.

 

What a mother could do to her child, I could not rebel.

 

Everyday, she cussed at me.

 

Telling me I ruined her peaceful life when my dad had made her his 'victim'.

 

---

 

"I'm back." I said as I opened my front door.

 

"You! You witch! Is it that great? Going out into the world and telling everyone that you see about how your mom is always drunk at home?! Is that how you live?! You wench!" She slapped me across my face and slammed the door close right in my face.

 

"Is...something wrong here?" I heard a familiar voice.

 

I turned around and looked up.

 

"J-Jonghyun Sunbae.." I stuttered.

 

"Did something go wrong?" He asked, flustered.

 

"Aniyo. It's just, my mom. She's always like this, you know." I reasoned.

 

"Well, this is the first time in 13 years after your father's death that she actually left you outside the house."

 

"Yeah, I guess."

 

"So.. You need a place to crash in or something? I mean, if you want." He asked.

 

"No, it's okay.. Your parents might misunderstand and everything."

 

"Heh. Actually, my mum was the one that told me to do this. We were both kinda eavesdropping when we heard the commotion and she told me to see if everything is okay." He explained.

 

"Well, if you don't mind.. Then maybe a day would be fine." I accepted his invitation.

 

We went across the street and he brought me to his house, which was not that far away from mine.

 

He opened the door and we were greeted by a motherly figure.

 

"You must be (_____), the girl who lives across the street. It's nice to finally meet you after more than 10 years of being neighbours. I don't know why your mom never came for all the invitations I gave her."

 

"You see, my mom has this thing about rich or higher-class society people. I hope you understand." I explained.

 

"Aww~ What a great daughter you are, sticking up for your mom even though she doesn't treat you like one. How I wish I had a daughter like you. Hmm, maybe I should make you my daughter-in-law." She grinned as I gave her a small smile.

 

"Uhm, let's go." Jonghyun said as he led me upstairs to an empty room.

 

"Well, this used to be my noona's room but since she got married, she won't be needing this room anymore. There should be some clothes she left in the closet. I'll go check." He said.

 

I stood around, admiring the calm-coloured room.

 

She must have been a really feminine person to have taken care of all this.

 

"I found a few pairs of night wear. You can wear them for now and we could wash your clothes tonight. They should be ready and ironed by morning. You can hand the maids your clothes after changing. Have a good rest." Jonghyun came back in and handed me the clothes before going out.

 

I stared at the neat night gown.

 

I then started changing before going out of the room.

 

"Done?" Jonghyun looked up and signalled a maid to get my clothes.

 

"Thank you, Jonghyun sunbaenim. I will repay you for your kindness." I said.

 

"It's okay. And don't call me sunbae, we're only a month apart. Just Oppa will do. Good night." He walked into his room, which was beside mine.

 

I went back into the room and switched off the light before going into a deep slumber.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++