Chapter V

Impostor

An emergency meeting has been called. Bom is curious as to what the meeting is about, as only selected operatives are called to attend. She, together with Minji, Ri and two other agents have been waiting at the conference room for their superior to deliver the news.

 
Chaerin suddenly stormed inside the room, ignoring her and Minji. She opened the projector and a map was presented.
 
"Everyone, we have received an important lead to G-Dragon." Everyone sighed in relief, as they had been trying to track the drug lord for years.
 
"Is he in the country?" Minji asked. "Yes." replied her boss. "It looks like he's been here since September. He keeps a very low profile, which is easy for him since we don't really have his profile." she added. Chaerin pointed at the projector.
 
"Last lead we had, he has been spotted within this vicinity, hanging out at local cafes and bars. I have a strong feeling that his hideout is also within this area." Minzy studied the map. Of course, she's familiar with the place, that's where her apartment is located. 
 
"When was the last time he was spotted in Itaewon?" she asked.
 
"4 days ago" replied Chaerin. "But the general sights are in Itaewon-Yongsan area. We have already deployed some operatives to check on local bars, and they are working with the locals in giving tips. At the moment, it's the latest information we have."
 
Ri raised his hand. "We should be planning our tactic as early as today, while we are observing his movements." The others nodded. "Yes, good idea." Chaerin replied. "Agent Park, we'll need your help again this time. Please come up with a plan with Agent Lee. And Agent Gong as well." the blonde woman looked at Minji then walked out of the room. Bom can't help but look at her partner. "Are you okay?"
 
"I'm fine." replied the young woman.
 
 
 
 
Minji's on the verge of dozing off after a day's work when she heard a knock. It was 7PM, realizing she's hungry, she thought it was Bom bringing food. To her surprise, it wasn't.
 
"Good evening." greeted Wesley.
 
"Hi, good evening." she responded. "What brings you here?"
 
"Oh, I decided to make carbonara... I cooked a lot, so I thought I'd bring you some... uhm... I know you're tired from work... If you like carbonara... If not it's fine, I can just-"
 
"No, I love it. Thank you. Come in." 
 
 
 
"So, is pasta the only thing you can cook?" Minji asked as she rinsed the last plate. She's thankful that her new neighbor had brought her food, it saved her money and time to cook for herself. It's been a while since I made my own food, she thought. Usually she would have late night or weekend cook-out with Bom but ever since she was assigned to handle the drug case, she became immersed with it that she forgot all those activities. Damn, she couldn't even remember when was the last time she used her stove.  
 
Wesley smirked. "Kinda, my mother used to cook pasta dishes when I was young so I've grown to love it until now. You- you don't look like you cook a lot." 
 
"I do love to cook. But I've stopped since we started working on a case, I've devoted my time to it. I've resorted to eating take-aways from restaurants, and Bom usually is the one using my kitchen during the weekends. 
 
"She does cook for you." he asked. "Yes, when she's here. She's been my partner for years, like a big sister. I don't have my family in the city, so I rely on her most of the time-  physical, emotional, sometimes financial support."
 
Wesley smiled. "Wow, she must really like you a lot. She takes care of you."
 
"Actually we are kind of in the same situation. Her family is in the U.S. and she's alone here, so relies onto me. We rely on each other."
 
"Hmmm. I really thought when I first met you, you are a couple. You really look good together!" Minji couldn't help but laugh at what he said. "Well we are a couple- work couple though." Both laughed at the same time. 
 
Their cheerful conversation continued as they were washing the dishes. Both have found out they have lots of things in common- from taste in music and movies, up to favorite books and ideal types. 
 
"You broke up with her? Why?" Minzy asked while wiping the plates. "Well, she practically has no balls- she wants to keep our relationship a secret and I don't like that."
 
"Uh huh" Minji nodded. "What's the type you're looking for then?"
 
"Well" Wesley looked the woman beside him. "I really like someone who is brave, badass and has a sense of responsibility; one I can trust and be with hand in hand." He suddenly raised his hand and touched Minji's cheek, causing the woman to jerk and look at him.
 
"You are pretty." 
 
The silence was cut short by Wesley kissing Minji, both hands caressing the woman's face. Minji almost dropped the plate on her hand, but quick to lay it on the tile. As his soft lips landed hers, her arms automatically clung to his shoulders and her heart began to beat fast. 
 
The soft kiss quickly turned into hot and passionate one. He asked a silent permission to enter the young woman's mouth and Minji, giving in to the lust opened hers. Soon moans  and laughter filled the kitchen as both started to take off clothes and ran towards the bedroom.
 
 
 
 
"Minji! Minji-ya!" Bom waved at the cctv camera hoping to catch the homeowner's attention. It's Saturday and she's been standing there for around 15 minutes and not receiving any answer from the latter. I wonder if she's still sleeping, she thought. She suddenly remembered that she had spare keys to her partner's apartment just in case there's an emergency, but she's not sure if she had it in her bag. With a deep sigh, she started scouring her back pack and purse.
 
"Damnit Minji, just open the door" she whispered. She smiled and let out a 'yes' after finding the spare key. At least she can go in and doesn't have to look like an idiot in the hallway waving to the camera.
 
As she opened the door, she saw a  piece of cloth scattered. Realizing that it isn't Minzy's she began to head the young woman's bedroom. As she walked pair socks were scattered. In the sofa she found a sports bra- she was sure it was Minzy's - and boxer shorts. Somehow she already had an idea that her partner's in bed with someone, but she's sure it isn't Chaerin; when she found out she's in total shock.
 
Wesley came out from the bedroom and was startled when he saw Bom standing in front of her.
 
"Whoa! Whoa! You scared me!" he quickly grabbed a pillow on the sofa to cover himself. 
 
This is awkward, Bom thought. "How long has this been happening?" Just as he's about to answer, Minji walked out, body covered with blanket. 
 
"What is hap... hey!" she exclaimed when she realized the other person in her house is Bom. "What are doing here? It's Saturday!"
 
"Yes, it's Saturday and we got work to do. Planning task?" Bom answered. Minji closed her eyes, forehead wrinkled as she remembered they have to devise a strategy for their operation. "Yeah, oh ." was all she had replied.
 
They stood there for a moment, not know how to react and what to do next. 
 
"I have to go now." Wesley said, already in his pants and holding his shirt. 
 
" I am so sorry Wesley, I-"
 
"It's fine, we can hang out some other time. Take care, I..." the man turned to Bom, not knowing what to say. "I... I am sorry, this is embarrassing. It's nice seeing you though. Bye." He quickly walked towards the door. 
 
Now there's only two inside the house.
 
Bom broke the awkward silence. "So... you guys do this every night since he moved in?"
 
"No, not at all! It just happened so fast, one time we were eating pasta and then--
 
"Oh, it has to do with the pasta, huh..." the older woman smirked. Minji's face blushed. "Damn it, I'm sorry you have to see this." she said.
 
"No biggie. Now go wear your , make breakfast for us while I set up the computer.     And please bring me those papers Ri handed yesterday, thanks."
 
 
 
 
They have been sitting for hours now, both studying the leads and patterns of the elusive drug kingpin. They have been repeatedly going over the papers and devising strategies to get more information and to finally capture their target.  Minji is unusually silent, an action immediately noticed by her senior. "Hey, you're spacing out." Bom said.
 
"I'm sorry, I'm just... these details are not getting into my head right now." replied Minji. "Is it because of Wesley?"
 
The young woman was quick to deny. "No! Well- yes, a little." She looked at Bom, looking back at her with raised eyebrows. "Speak, come on."
 
"Well, he's a nice guy. Last night he brought me pasta because he thought I'd be tired and don't have time to make my meal. He's a gentleman and... we just had a lot in common, that's it." 
 
Bom nodded. "Just because you had a lot in common doesn't mean you have to sleep with him. Just saying." The young woman didn't respond. 
 
"So do you really like him, or is it just because of Chaerin?" 
 
Minji sighed. "I don't know. But really, I could fall for this man." She then changed the topic to avoid being grilled by her partner. Bom smirked at her junior. "You're weird."
 
The young woman pondered. Do I really like this guy because he's nice and we had , or am I just using him to forget Chaerin?