Hot Chocolate (VMin)

25 Days of Christmas

day 2 : hot chocolate - vmin - 647 words

 

it's 2 o'clock in the morning when jimin remembers that one interview they had about their ideal partner and taehyung's answer reminds him of the new pack of choco mix seokjin and namjoon bought from the grocery store two nights ago.

the hate he feels towards their kitchen room is easily reciprocated when he picks up a new mug, the third one, he swears he will not break. jimin walks around the kitchen frantically, searching for whatever as if he's making a gourmet dish for the best five star restaurant in town.

"jimin. why the hell are you wrecking our kitchen at 5 in the morning?" yoongi scolds him from the other side of the room and by the way he's sitting comfotably at the floor, it's obvious he's been present for far too long.

jimin turns around at the voice quickly, his face dirtied with cocoa powder and his shirt too damp with the amount of water he's managed to spill on himself. "aw, jiminie, is that for me?" yoongi coos, making a grab at the large mug jimin is holding.

"ew. hyung, no-- wait, did you just say 5?" jimin exclaims and runs towards the bedroom.

 

"taehyung," jimin whispers directly at the other's ear. "taehyung, wake up." jimin pokes his cheek and hurriedly holds the bed frame, his feet unsteady at the way he's tiptoe-ing on a chair to reach taehyung without climbing up. taehyung slurs sleepily a word or two and turns to jimin with an equally sleepy grin and takes the finger at his cheek, he holds it near his lips and his breath evened out steadily.

"taehyung, wake up." jimin now whines, "wake up." slapping taehyung ineffectively with his captured finger.

"why?" the sleepy groan sounded half-fake and jimin knows taehyung's been awake all along. "scoot over, im going up." he successfully lifted himself with one arm as leverage amd his other hand occupied with the mug. taehyung rolls over and stares at jimin, amused.

"i made you hot choco." jimin smiles at him and presents the mug to taehyung cutely. "really?" taehyung made grabby hands towards the mug and jimin gives it to him carefully, not wanting taehyung's hands to burn. the silence that enveloped them was partly awkward and partly comfortable, taehyung was blowing at the hot choco when he suddenly looks at him suspiciously, "you put something gross in here didnt you?"

"yah! im insulted." jimin gasps exaggeratedly, even adding a hand to his chest for extra effect. "i made that with love!" he exclaims, arms open wide for a hug for taehyung bit the younger dodges with a genuine smile on his lips.

"youre lucky i love you too." he hears taehyung mumble shyly before sipping the drink. it was said so silently and hesistantly that jimin wonders if taehyung knows he said it aloud, he heard it clearly- the words echoes in his mind as if it's being played on loop with a high definition speaker. 

"but seriously, why now?" taehyung suddenly asks, if he's asking about the confession or not, jimin is not entirely sure so he settles for a safe answer. "why now what?" taehyung laughs jimin and looks over at the window yoongi covered with his not-so-clean bath towel.

"the sun's not even awake yet, so i'm not supposed to be awake."

"what do you mean not awake? but it's 5 am!"

"it's 5? really?" taehyung says, shocked but in his most monotone voice. he picks up the small alaram clock in the shape of two lion's head beside his stack of pillows. '3:16 AM'. "my clock must be wrong." taehyung says mockingly.

 

"hyung you !" jimin shouts, running around the dorm, a lion hotdog pillow he grabbed from taehyung's stack of pillows as his weapon.

"language young man," yoongi exclaims back while running half-heartedly. "i helped you confess, a thanks would be nice!!"

 

 

sorry if this is so late ㅠㅠ got stuck in the writer's block again.