Part Two

Crush

It’s lunch time, and Wendy is in the bathroom. Her first choice—besides the cafeteria—had been the library, but she just couldn’t risk running into Irene after what happened this morning.

Just seconds after Irene opens the door to the coffee shop, an elderly woman greets them both. “Aigoo Irene-yah, you brought our Wendy today!” the lady says.

“Good morning, Nayoung Eomeoni! She had time to stop by in the morning instead of after school,” Irene replies cheerfully.

Irene is already getting into her apron, so Wendy goes and sits down. Then, Nayoung says something that makes Wendy blush a bright crimson and makes Irene freeze.

“Well it’s about time you started bringing your girlfriend in more often! I miss her cute face,” the eldest of the three nags jokingly.

Wendy glances over at Irene, and they lock gazes for a moment. Blushing impossibly harder, the blue-haired girl starts thinking. I wonder what it would be like to date Irene Unnie… I’m not against that idea at all, actually. Wait. What? Since when did I start thinking of Irene Unnie like that? Looking up, Wendy clears to clarify.

“Eomeoni, Unnie and I aren’t dating,” Wendy says shyly, still thinking about the possibility of doing so. I bet Unnie would be nice to date, even if she does seem a little cold-hearted at times. She’s the person I trust most.

“Ah, well that’s too bad,” Nayoung says. “I thought for sure you were…” she trails off and continues mopping.            

The rest of the time at the coffee shop was so awkward between the two young girls that Wendy leaves a bit earlier with the excuse of wanting to walk slowly to school, and decides it would probably be best to avoid Irene at all costs today.

Even if one of those costs are eating lunch in a cramped bathroom stall.

 

***

 

A few days after what happened at the coffee shop, Wendy is still awkward, and Irene thinks this has gone on long enough. She had given Wendy her space to sort out her thoughts and recover from the awkwardness, but she missed her cute, slightly annoying dongseng. Plus, she decided that she does want to be selfish for once and confess to Wendy. They’d find a way to make it work. She could always visit Wendy, or maybe Wendy will graduate early. Wendy could do that, she’s in so many senior classes already, Irene thinks.  As soon as the last bell of the day rings, Irene shoots out of her chair and scurries to the other side of the room. She grabs onto Wendy’s wrist and says, “We need to talk.”

Wendy replies nervously. “I-I can’t today I n-need to go to…uh…a thing! Yeah, I told Seulgi-ssi we could do something today!”

As the blue-haired girl tries to run off Irene holds to her wrist tightly and says, “Seulgi-ssi will have to wait, Wendy. We need to talk today”

“Okay Unnie,” Wendy sighs, “I can come over today.”

 

 

what this isn't ridiculously late what do you mean heh

i've been SUPER busy with school projects and stuff so yeah sorry guys :c the good news is that there's only one chapter left AND it's already about halfway done~