Part One

Crush

“Unnie, wait for me!” Wendy calls, bright eyes smiling and shining obliviously with admiration.

As Irene is walking to work, she hears Wendy calling for her.

“Why are you up so early?” Irene asks, even though she already knows the answer. “School doesn't start for at least a couple more hours.”

“I just felt like going to work with you,” the younger replies shyly, looking away from Irene. Suddenly, she looks up with wide eyes. “I mean, only if it’s okay! I’ll buy some coffee and help you open up and-”

Irene cuts Wendy off with a chuckle. “Yeah, yeah, it’s fine. Just hurry up so I’m not late!” the pink-haired girl replies, walking a bit faster.

Wendy grins. “Yah Unnie, the old couple that owns the coffee shop adores you, they probably wouldn't mind anyway,” She says teasingly, speeding up her pace anyway.

Irene knows a crush when she sees one, but she’s pretty sure she wouldn't have to be even half as sharp as she is to notice Wendy’s fondness of her. Honestly, she’s pretty fond of the younger too, so it’s not like it bothers her as much as worries her. Wendy is an entire three years her younger, and that’s seemingly a lot in high school, even if Wendy is only in the grade below, having skipped a grade a few years back. The worry stems from more than just an age difference, but the fact that Irene will be busy with starting college next year. Even if she confesses her feelings to the younger, they might not even last more than a few months, and Irene can’t be that selfish…

Wendy snaps her out of her thought with a “We’re here, Irene Unnie!” and she shakes her head, clearing her thoughts and pushing the door open to her work.

 

author's note:

this is really short, but the second part will most definitely be longer, i just want to post something you know? i'll  post part two in a couple days tops btw ^^

please comment and upvote~ <3