Chapter Five

You Call to Me [Hiatus]

Chapter Five

 

We texted each other sparingly in the beginning. Both of us were too busy with our schedules to have any spare time. But that didn’t mean that I didn’t look forward to her next text whenever it did come.

 

By the time Miss A was done with the promotions for their comeback, the texts starting to come more recurringly.

 

We texted each other about random topics. Seemingly meaningless to some, but a great deal to me. I began to learn more about Suzy, and the 4D personality that didn’t get its chance shine often.

 

I love, love, love ramen. Why can’t I do a CF for it? :’( ~S

 

Your slurping skills probably aren’t developed yet. It’s all in the lung power, young cricket. ~K

 

Yah. I’ll have you know my mouth is very skilled. ;) ~S

 

She was such a tease. I loved and hated her for it.

 

Our relationship was still undefined as of now. We flirted occasionally and knew that our feelings were mutual for each other. Besides that, though, nothing else had really happened.

 

I found myself checking my phone often in between takes of my drama. Unfortunately, I couldn’t check it as often at home, not wanting the cameras to portray me as someone who thirsted for technology in order to survive.

 

Slowly, though, that description was becoming more and more accurate.

 

I craved our conversations. Needed them. My infatuation never subsided, it just kept getting stronger and more passionate by the day. The question was if we would ever really be together.

 

Determined to diminish our distance, I made a decision right then.

 


 

I called her after I was done filming for the day. She picked up on the third ring.

 

“To what do I owe the pleasure of hearing your voice today?” Suzy teased. We didn’t usually call each other and when we did, it was often enjoyable but brief.

 

“When’s the next time you’re free?” I waited with bated breath, hoping she wouldn’t shoot me down.

 

“Hmm...I’ll be done around 6 pm. What’s up?”

 

“Where are you right now?” I asked. Suzy quickly rattled off an address and I told her I would come and pick her up tonight.

 

The plan was set in motion.

 


 

Peeking my head out of the door of my bedroom, I checked to see if anyone was around. With the coast looking clear, I made my way towards the front door.

 

“Hi, oppa!” Youngji chirped, popping out from nowhere. “Where are you going?”

 

Flustered, I managed to stutter that I had to attend to my schedule.

 

Youngji scrutinized my face and studied my body language. A slow smile spread over her face.

 

“It seems to me, oppa, that you’re going to see a girl. Am I right?”

 

Dang. She caught me.

 

In any other circumstance, I wouldn’t have hesitated to tell Youngji that I was meeting with Suzy. She was a fun and trusting dongsaeng. The watchful cameras prevented us from revealing too much of our private lives though.

 

Trying to think of an excuse, I was relieved when Nana came back from her schedules and distracted Youngji with talks of food.

 

Saying goodbye to the both of them quickly, I finally managed to leave the house.

 

My heart fluttered in anticipation of the next few hours.

 


A/N: Did you guys hear the news? Miss A won't be having their comeback until the summer of 2015. *sniffle* On bright side, 5urprise will be releasing their first album soon! :)