Chapter One

You Call to Me [Hiatus]

 

Chapter One

 

Kangjoon’s POV

 

I was a guest on the popular show Happy Together that day, answering the various questions directed towards me. When the MCs had found out that my ideal type was indeed Bae Suzy, the Nation's First Love, they decided to do me a favor with a phone call to her.

 

Kim Shinyoung, a close friend of hers from their Invincible Youth 2 days, quickly made the call. "Yoboseo?" asked Shinyoung and within seconds, my dream girl's sweet and melodious voice filled the room.

 

"Yoboseo?"

 

"Oh, Suzy-ah."

 

"Oh unnie, it's been a while." I couldn't take my eyes off of the phone, as if at any moment Suzy would just appear in front of me.

 

"Oh right. What are you doing? Are you busy?" Shinyoung questioned, making sure her dongsaeng's tight schedule wasn't being disrupted.

 

Suzy luckily replied, "Aniyo, unnie." Yoo Jaesuk chose that moment to jump into their conversation and then quickly explained the situation to a confused Suzy.

 

Jaesuk guided the conversation between the us, asking if Suzy knew who I was. Suzy affirmed that she did, revealing that she had watched me in Cunning Single Lady. The praising tone in her voice caused me to sit a little straighter, proud that she enjoyed my acting in the drama.

 

Finally, I was able to introduce myself to the younger woman.

 

"Annyeong haseyo, I'm Seo-"

 

"Annye-"

 

"-Kangjoon."

 

"Annyeo....annyeong haseyo." Suzy's embarrassed giggle from the awkward greeting could clearly be heard emanating from the cell phone. I was also a bit flustered myself, my nervousness getting the better of me.

 

Getting Suzy's attention, Jaesuk asked Suzy to enact a phone call between friends who have not yet revealed their feelings for each other with me.

 

Suzy quipped, "Right now?" inducing a round of laughter amongst everybody except for me. I was too focused on what the pretend scene would entail next.

 

I started first, asking Suzy a simple, "What are you doing?"

 

Immersing into the scene, Suzy replied "Me? I'm just...just...thinking."

 

Jaesuk remarked that men often fall for these type of things, giving rise to various comments from the others.

 

When the voices died down once again, I asked Suzy, "What are you thinking about?"

 

A brief silence followed until she cheekily responded, "Thinking about you, don't you know?"

 

-

 

I fell back onto my bed with a quiet thud, thinking about the day's events. Try as I might, I couldn't wipe the wide smile off my face.

 

This wonderful, beautiful day would always remain in my memories. For how could it not? At long last, I was given the opportunity to speak with the woman who I’ve admired and pined over for the past few years.

 

The crush had sparked ever since I had watched Miss A's hit debut music video, “Bad Girl, Good Girl”. This was long before my own debut with 5urprise, back when I was just a normal boy with dreams of becoming a singer and actor.

 

I continued my musings until a troubling thought crossed my mind. When would I ever get the chance to talk to Suzy again? In the hallyu world, it would be inevitable that we would cross paths again eventually, but God knows how long until that would be.

 

Feeling restless, I decided to push thoughts of the lovely lady away for a while until I could figure things out.


For now, I would rise from my bed and go help my roommates with dinner. The variety show Roommate prevented me from holing myself in my room for too long, both a blessing and a curse.


A/N: How'd you guys like it? :)