Chapter Two

You Call to Me [Hiatus]

 

Chapter Two

 

I woke up at 5 o’clock in the morning the following Monday to get ready for a day of filming in Running Man. This would be my first time on the show, and I hoped that the locations wouldn’t involve mudflats or rice paddies.

 

I had seen the episode with G-Dragon and honestly did not want to smell like frog all day.

 

I didn't know the theme of the episodes nor the other guests, if there were any. All I knew was that the opening would be formal since my stylist gave me a fancy tuxedo and told me to put it on.

 

When I arrived at the scene, a red carpet immediately greeted me. Intrigued, I strided over to the curtained stage where the PD instructed me to wait a little before making my entrance.

 

The whole affair was simple enough, I walked down the red carpet and was welcomed by the happy members.

 

Gary looked at me distastefully and asked, "Why do you have to be so handsome??" He turned to Jihyo holding his tie. "You need to blindfold yourself today. It's the only way for us to continue our Monday Couple relationship successfully."

 

I laughed, feeling that today would be a good day.

 

The next guests began to trickle down from the stage one by one. 2PM's Wooyoung, SISTAR's Bora, and f(x)'s Krystal all came out until there was only one guest left.

 

The members were cracking jokes when Jaesuk abruptly shouted, “Oh! Who’s that?”

 

A hand appeared through the curtain and then disappeared. The next time a slim arm came out, only to do the wave as it retreated back into the curtain.

 

Kwangsoo cried out, “Stop teasing and come out!”

 

It was as if somebody had answered my prayers or I was just the luckiest man alive, for the the woman coming out of the curtain turned out to be Bae Suzy, wearing a white gown and a bright smile.

 

"YES!" Haha fist bumped the air, his player mode coming out to play. Suzy laughed, her eyes shining at Haha's antics.

 

I could only grin, frozen in my spot at the sight of her.

 

She amiably greeted everyone, familiar friends with all besides me.

 

We bowed and shook hands, a tingling spark running through them. A peculiar expression crossed Suzy's face before she shook her head and introduced herself.

 

As if I didn't know who she was.

 

The PD cleared his throat to get everyone's attention.

 

"Today's theme is called Idol Turned Actor. As you can see from the set, the guests started off as idols on the stage but became actors when they walked down the red carpet."

 

A chorus of understanding came from all of us. Our reason for being here making more sense.

 

"I will now announce the teams..." It went like this:

 

Team Purple: Jihyo, Gary, and Wooyoung

 

Team Red: Jongkook, Sukjin, and Bora

 

Team Green: Jaesuk, Kwangsoo, and Krystal

 

Team Blue: Haha, Suzy, and me

 

We rearranged ourselves accordingly and I accidently brushed against Suzy's arm in the process.

 

"Mianhamnida, Suzy-ssi."

 

"Gwenchana. Please, speak casually," she smiled and added, "Oppa," at the end.

 

"Arasso, Suzy."

 


 

We changed into more comfortable clothes, jeans paired with a long sleeved shirt, the sleeves matching our colors.

 

The next three games played were basically a set up for the final location.

 

Our team had somehow pulled through and won the karaoke exercise game. We were definitely doing better than the green team, whose "teammate" Kwangsoo kept betraying them. Just because.

 

Krystal's ticked off face appeared for a majority of the filming time.

 

"Here is the mission card for the final stage," the PD said, handing it to my team while we were in the car. We hadn't seen the other teams for a while.

 

Suzy read the card out loud, "Avoid the desperate paparazzi. Hungry for their next payment, they're going straight for the popular idols/actors."

 

"Thank God!" Haha exclaimed. "We're at an amusement park at night. I thought Choi Min Soo would make another appearance for Running Man Hunting."

 

We all got the shivers thinking about that.

 

Suzy continued reading, "If they capture a complete shot of your face, you're out. The paparazzi have one hour to complete their mission. Starting now."

 

The mission was basically a Bells Hide and Seek with the added twist of cameras.

 

"Guess we better go hide now," I said.

 

Stepping out of the car first, I held out my hand to help Suzy out and jokingly closed the door on Haha.

 

He gave me an evil look.

 

The three of us traveled along the side paths to avoid being spotted. Our guess was that the paparazzi was the losing green team but we wouldn't know for sure until they found us.

 

I was walking ahead of my team, trying to look out for signs of trouble when a shout from behind me cried for help.

 

Turning around, I saw Haha's head locked in Jaesuk's arm. Haha was wildly twisting his head to avoid the camera aimed at his face.

 

I ran back quickly and grabbed Jaesuk's arm while Suzy poked at his sides to make him squirm.

 

"Ah! Not the tickling!" cried Jaesuk.

 

We were extremely close to freeing Haha when Krystal and Kwangsoo came in out of nowhere to aid their teammate.

 

"Go! Forget about me! Live!" Haha yelled, the three cameras overwhelming us quickly. Suzy had almost gotten caught before I hollered at her to duck.

 

Finally admitting that we were fighting a losing battle, I grabbed Suzy's hand, booking the scene as we left our teammate behind for the wolves.

 


A/N: I'm not Korean so please correct me if I use the wrong word.