Chapter 3

Back Home

 

I wake up to the sound of knocking. “Bianca?”

I groan and sit up. “Come in.”

“Hey…” I look up to see Onew-oppa peek his head through the door before coming inside.

“Hi. What time is it?” I ask him in Korean while rubbing sleep off my eyes.

“Eleven o’clock,” he answers after looking at his watch. “I see you still got the hang of Korean, huh?” He speaks to me in Korean and smiles.

“Never forgot a word.” I smile, too, although still half-asleep.

“I just came here to tell you to get ready. Appa called to tell me his meeting finished early and will be home for lunch.”

“Okay, I’ll get ready.” I move to get up off the bed.

“Your luggage is over there by the foot of your bed,” he says while pointing, “but Appa already had your closet filled with clothes so it shouldn’t be hard for you to pick something to wear.” He says.

“Your bathroom is over there, next to your closet if you need to take a shower,” He say while gesturing to a door on the right side of my room, opposite my bed, next to another door which I assume is my closet. “I’ll just be in the living room if you need me.” He says and shuts the door behind him.

~

Half an hour later, I’ve showered, blow dried my hair and got dressed in a simple black long sleeved romper I found in that vast closet. I slip on my favorite pair of black sequin toms and head downstairs.

When I got to the living room I found Onew-oppa watching TV. Or more like flipping through channels is what he is doing.

I joined him and sat next to him on the couch. “Where’s Appa?” I ask while putting one of the throw pillows over my bare knees.

“He just called and said he just left the office. He should be here in about an hour,” he gives up on his channel-flipping and hands the remote to me.

“What’s this?” I ask him referring to the remote.

“A remote,” He looks at me seriously before his mouth turns upward into a smile. “Pick a channel. Feel at home, Bona-yah.” He addresses me in my Korean name.

I scrunch up my face. “Yah! Don’t call me that.”

“Why not?”

“Because,” I look away and cross my arms at him. “I’m not exactly fond of that name. Just call me Bianca. I think it’s only fair since I call you Onew.”

“Okay, Bona.” He chuckles. He obviously finds this amusing.

“Aish.”

I give up and just resort to flipping channels. I settle on a comedy movie playing at a random channel and lay back in my seat.

After some while, I finally thought of something I could do. “Wait here.” I tell oppa.

I race to my room and hurriedly grabbed my laptop bag from the bottom of my suitcase. When I got it, I rush to the living room, sat next to oppa, again, and the laptop.

“What are you doing?” oppa asked me and got closer.

“Playing.”

“Playing what?”

“Lol.”

“Lol?” oppa asked, confused

“League of Legends.” I answer while trying to get into the server.

“Seriously?”

“What?” I finally look at him. “Can’t a girl play computer games?”

“Well,” he looks around sheepishly. “They can. But-“

“But what?”

“Nothing. It’s just that girl gamers are rare,” he explains. “Like diamonds in a coal mine or something...”

I make a sound that is something between a snort and a laugh. “Okay then. Do you play?”

“Yeah, but not recently because I have training and my schedule is busy.” I nod at this.

“How about we play one game before appa gets home?” I offer.

“Sure. Let me get my laptop first.” He stands up and moves to his room.

When he returned, I invited him to a match and we played together. Oppa was really good at it. But for me, I’m better. I laugh internally to myself.

(45 minutes later)

“C’MON! C’MON! KILL IT! OPPA! LET’S KILL THEM!” I scream at my laptop.

Killing Spree

Double Kill

Triple Kill

Quadra Kill

“Road to victory. C’mon let’s finish this.” Oppa says calmly. An absolute opposite to what I just said earlier.

For a moment, all that can be heard was our rapid mouse clicking and keyboard typing. Just when ‘Victory’ came to the screen, we were interrupted by a forced cough.

“Bianca?” that all too familiar voice said.


A/N: 28 more views? really?! *O* I wuff you guys... anyways, yeah. I play a couple of computer games...LoL mostly. :) and it's currently 12:00am. I should be sleeping but, you know, YOLO. XD thanks for reading. please leave comments? yeah. And if you guys find an errors just let me know :)