..........

selca

Taking selcas was a specialty of Kibum’s. At least that was his opinion. He could take ten selcas and know he could keep at least half of them – if not more. Selcas in sunlight, selcas in the dark, selcas using a mirror, all kinds of selcas, he could take them and they would look good. It was simple though, really, he just took pride in his eyeliner and his hair and clothing choices. Sunglasses were his favourite and wide brimmed hats.

A lot of the selcas he took were in the change rooms of clothing stores, being vain in items of clothing he could never afford, clothes he would die to have. Other times though, he would take photos sitting in his own living room or kitchen, in plain clothes and letting his face gain all the likes and comments he wanted on Instagram.

His best friend and roommate, Minho, was shy about selcas. He didn’t mind having photos taken of him, but he wasn’t the kind to hold a camera up and take a photo of himself, unless others were in the frame with him. The few times Kibum had caught him trying to take a selca and really, Minho looked the cutest when he was trying to look cute and photogenic. Though really, Minho was always photogenic. It was almost like an insult that Minho didn’t have to wear anything tight fitting or wear any makeup to look like perfection itself. Though, perhaps, if he did let Kibum apply a little eyeliner one day, he would actually become on legs.

“Whatcha doin’?” Minho asked, wandering into the kitchen with an empty glass, opening the fridge to get some more tropical juice. “Taking photos?”

Kibum fixed his fringe a bit. “Yes.”

Nothing seemed to come from that, until he was actually about to take photos and Minho appeared, walking by and flashing his hand between Kibum and his phone enough that half of the frame was a blur of his palm and fingers. Kibum hissed a curse at Minho, ignoring the mischievous grin. As he tried to take another photo though, he could tell that whatever Minho was doing wasn’t going to stop any time soon.

Ten minutes later and Kibum was ready to burst in frustration after Minho put his head into the shot, the photo showing only his eyes and hair in the frame. Grumbling as he finally went to take a photo, certain that Minho was gone and quickly fixed his hair in the hopes that he wouldn’t be interrupted again.

But just as he was about to take it he saw Minho from his peripheral and put the phone down, turning to give a hard stare at his friend, daring him to interrupt. Minho offered him an innocent smile and Kibum decided to just ignore him and go ahead and take a photo, only to have Minho rush to his side and press wet, plush lips against his cheek, hand keeping Kibum in place as the camera shutter clicked and Kibum cried out in annoyance when the action set in.

“You ! Go away, Minho!” He shouted, pushing at Minho with his free hand.

Minho gave the kind of look a kicked puppy would give its owner as he walked away, back to his room and closing the door.

Wiping his cheek in annoyance, Kibum looked through the photos he’d taken, most every one of them ruined by Minho’s stupid hands, feet, face and finally, the one with his lips pressed soundly to Kibum’s cheek. He found himself staring at the photo, realising that he kind of liked it.

What annoyed him though, was that there was a smile – no matter how slight – on his lips, cheeks bright red.

He wasn’t the first to notice that he had a little crush on Minho. Most all of their friends knew about it. Apparently it was “obvious” or something. It wasn’t that serious really, it wasn’t like he was lusting after Minho or something like that, it was just that he liked being around Minho and doing things with Minho and seeing how Minho smiled and –

He groaned, face in his hands. He was falling deeper already and Minho’s need to cuddle, kiss his cheek and being generally frustrating wasn’t making it any easier.

Without even thinking, he posted the picture on twitter, adding text about how his crush was being difficult again. Leaving it to his followers to comment on how cute it was and how hot his crush is – because they have done that before – Kibum went to his Instagram and chose the one of the other photos to post there, the one with Minho’s head in the frame. Snickering as he wrote a little caption that he knew would get some kind of complaint from Minho, he put his phone down on the table. Taking selcas shouldn’t be that difficult. Damn that Minho.

“Hey, Kibum?”

He groaned, turning his head to see Minho standing in the entrance to the hallway. “Yeah what?”

Minho looked like he wanted to be invisible, biting his bottom lip and fiddling with the phone in his hands. “You have a crush on me?”

“W-what?” Kibum questioned, eyes wide in horror because one, Minho must have been about to sleep because he’d taken off his shirt and two, how in the hell did he know he had a crush on him? Did someone give it away? He cleared his throat and leaned his elbow on the table. “Whatever gave you that idea?”

Minho had the audacity to his hip to one side, large hand resting at the band of his pyjama pants that hung dangerously low on his hips. “You forgot I got a Twitter account yesterday, didn’t you?” He asked, smile playing his lips now. “Jonghyun just retweeted a particularly cute photo just now. Recall it?”

“.”