Threat?

Human and Wolf

Joonmyeon thinks that nature is amazing and that they (he) could do just fine without the human side.  Yifan and him are happy, content, satisfied with their relationship and there is no need to be overly sentimental about it. Joonmyeon found out that "love" didn't need to be romantic, that a soulmate wasn't only someone whom you'd love to death. What Yifan and him have right now is real and is fine, even if they are not too lovey-dovey like Luhan and Minseok, attached by the hip like Jiaheng and Suho, nor 24/7 each other's worshippers like Chanyeol and Dara.

The news of Joonmyeon's pregnancy three months after their union came to solidify their bond.

 

----------

 

It happened that morning, Kyungsoo came to Yifan's house with Joonmyeon, it was a miracle that the alfa was there at that time.

"Alfa, he didn't want to come home, can you believe it?"

"What happened?" At this time of the day, Joonmyeon was supposed to be having lunch with the kids at school, why were they here?

"Hyung fainted."

"It's nothing, I'm fine." Joonmyeon rolled his eyes.

"Please, Alfa, take him to the doctor."

 

-------------

 

And so there they were, waiting in the hall to enter Yixing's office.

"I'm sure it's just stress. The kids can be a handful sometimes."

"Yeah, but... you've been tired for some time already, you said so... maybe you need vitamins." Yifan hasn't said anything but he can sense that Joonmyeon's scent smells a lot like the one sick people have.

Finally, their time waiting is up. The doctor receives them with a warm smile that Yifan doesn't like. Moments like this, the wolf agrees with the human, neither one of them is fond of seeing their mate's former crush.

"Well, Joonmyeonie, tell me what's been happening?" Joonmyeonie?

"Uhm... lately, I've been really tired... and today, I fainted." Yixing nodded.

"And how was your morning? Did you feel strange?"

"Yeah, a little. My stomach felt weird and I didn't even eat much last night..."

"You said that you were tired, how is that fatigue? How does it feel? Is it like any other times when you get tired or..."

"It's like... suddenly, I want to sleep. Not like I'm going to relax and watch tv and it'll go."

"Okay, come with me. Sit here, please. I'm going to check your blood pressure... Mhmm, I see, it's kind of low."

"Is that bad?" Yifan asked.

"Well, it's not nice, but I think it's a sign of something else. Can you lay down for me?" The patient did as he was told. "We are gonna lift this... oh, can you it? Thank you." Both Yixing and Joonmyeon could feel Yifan's presence, his wolf presence. He didn't like this, his mate being touched... by Yixing.

"Alfa, I'm the doctor..." the man said while massaging Joonmyeon's stomach, in the sides and the lower part.

"Sorry, it's not me really..." Yifan chuckled.

"Well, I think I have good news for you, so you can stop wanting to kill me." Yixing smiled sweetly at Joonmyeon. "You can dress now." The doctor came back to his desk. "Alfa, I'm pretty sure that your Joonmyeonie is pregnant." Yifan's jaw dropped to the floor. Pregnant?

"R-r-really?"

"Really?" Joonmyeon asked as well. Yixing nodded with a smile.

"I kind of suspected when you entered because you smell like my Nini."

"Jongin is pregnant?" Yixing nodded.

"Congratulations!"

"Congratulations to you too." Yifan looked at Joonmyeon who was tearing up already.

"Come here." The alfa took Joonmyeon and sat him on his lap to hug him tight. "Thank you, thank you." He said as he kissed all over his face making his mate giggle.

"Well, normally, I would go outside and let you have your moment, but since you came unannounced, I'm kind of in a hurry. We need to make an ultrasound, so if you have time now, I'm gonna ask you to go the store across the street and drink two bottles of water and come back, or we can make an appointment for some other day. Which is it?"

"I have time now." Joonmyeon said to Yifan.

"Me too."

"Okay, then go and text me when you are ready, yes?" The couple nodded.

 

------------

 

Yifan and Joonmyeon had imagined this moment before, of course, who hasn't? It's just that living with it is so much different. The feelings are all over the place, it's like experiencing true happiness.

Yixing had Joonmyeon take all his clothes off for a better check up. When it was over, he started to dress again and Yixing went to prescribe some medication for him.

"Joonmyeonie, should I write down more cream?"

"Oh, yes please. Can I go to the bathroom?"

"Sure, sweetheart." Joonmyeon left.

"What cream?" Yifan asked.

"Alfa, we need to talk."

"About that cream?"

"Yes... that too. You know, I've been Joonmyeon's doctor since forever... so, I know him very well."

"So?"

"So, I want you to know that he is very sensitive. He doesn't like to appear weak, but he is very sensitive. He has a lot of issues with his body, you must know that. So now that his body is about to change again, well, it might be hard on him. You are going to need patience and also need to listen to him a lot. Pregnant people can be difficult. I'm not doubting your mating skills, it's just that, well... all of us in the pack... we all know why you chose him as your mate, we know that your union was more of an agreement than a natural or loving relationship... you understand? I think that something will have to change. I know that you care for him, it would be better for the baby if you show him that more often or more... just more." Just then, Joonmyeon came back. "Joonie, why don't you tell Alfa what the cream is for. He might want to help you."

"Oh, it's a little... embarrassing, really."

"Come on, why would it be?" Yifan cheered.

"Well, in the summer, I apply that cream to the scars on my back. It's an anti-bacterial thing. Sometimes, the creases can gather sweat or water from when I bathe and well, it can lead to a small infection." Yifan nodded.

"Yes, and before, those infections wouldn't matter cause they would be on the skin... but now, you are pregnant and we need to be extra careful. Maybe, Alfa can help you to apply it better on your back. After all, you can't really see your back, can you?"

The idea of Yifan looking at his back, at his scars that close, wasn't really something that Joonmyeon liked. It's not like they haven't seen each other , but even then, he wouldn't have to see it in detail and it's just so intimidating.

 

------------------

 

Everyone in the community is happy for the alfa couple and all of them take care of Joonmyeon. The happy atmosphere is all around the pack. It's been five months of personal and collective joy.

Yifan's spends more time with Joonmyeon and they talk a lot about the future and their little one. Every night, Yifan talks to the tummy and feels the baby. They are happy, like a couple... it's a good feeling. They never talk about their feelings but, whatever, the actions speak by themselves, right?

Today had been particulary hard for the pregnant omega. Yifan had to leave at sunrise, he went to the capital city to meet with the Great Alfa of the region, he was going to come back at night.

The alfa left a pouty and whiny Joonmyeon on their bed before leaving, the small wolf wouldn't let go of his alfa. Joonmyeon knew it was stupid and childish, but he really missed Yifan. He misses him right now and a storm is coming.

The first droplets of rain found the alfa's mate in his old tent, he still keeps it, he goes there to read and to relax in general. It's just that now, he was trapped because the rain has become too strong.

But it's not the sound of the thunders that's worrying Joonmyeon right now. It's that scent, the scent of someone unfamiliar, not a pack member. He can even smell the scent coming closer and closer. And he bets that the other wolf can smell his fear, his pregnancy, his desperation; all of those even through the rain and the smell of wet dirt. He is about to cry but the sirens start to shout and he knows that the danger is real.