Part 4

To Walk A Fine Line

 

‘The day’ plus three months, the new semester had begun, and the soccer team went back to their practices, Luhan on his third lap around the field for the warming up. The calendar said it’d be autumn soon, but the weather seemed disagreed with the sun bright as summer and the sweats trickling down Luhan’s forehead was the proof. His wet shirt clung onto his thin body, but it was nothing compared to Minseok who ran beside him – the guy looked like he took a shower there on the field with the drenched shirt and the wet hair.

 

They came closer to the cheerleaders on the benches who were stretching, and Luhan saw the hair before the face. Bomi was rolling up her sleeves, already sweating from the humidity alone, and she’s talking to another girl; Luhan had seen her a lot around Bomi before.

 

“Bomi-yah!” Luhan shouted, taking off his shirt without stopping, and as soon as Bomi turned to him, he threw his shirt to her with a wide grin. It almost landed on her face, but she caught it a second before. “Keep it for me!” he added, running past the cheerleaders.

 

Bomi furrowed her eyebrows and she narrowed her eyes when inspecting the shirt, probably realizing that it’s Luhan’s sweat that made it wet. The girl beside her raised her eyebrows and took a step back, but Bomi merely sighed and folded it. Luhan grinned and went back looking forward, now only in his sleeveless undershirt.

 

“You’re close with her,” Minseok said curiously, his breath was still even. Minseok’s stamina was no joke.

 

“Um,” Luhan nodded. “Bonding. During break. You know. Braid. Each other’s hair. And stuff.”

 

Apparently Minseok understood Luhan’s non-sense words, since he hummed in understanding. “At least you finally cut your hair. Did you go to the usual barber?”

 

Luhan’s fringe was already trimmed, falling perfectly on his forehead – long enough to frame his small face but without disturbing his eyes. His hair was also shorter, showing his nape now. “Naah. Bomi did it for me.”

 

If Luhan had paid more attention, he’d notice how Minseok stared long and hard at him, stunned by his answer, but Luhan’s focus was more on how Seohyun stole glances at Yifan only to looked away when Yifan seemed to notice, so Luhan missed the questioning look his best friend gave him. 

 

Minutes later on their first break, Luhan jogged over to the cheerleaders and flopped down next to Bomi, purposely bumping her with his arm to annoy the girl. Their bare arms pressed to each other and Bomi pushed back, irritated, “Sunbae!”

 

He laughed, reaching out for a brownie from Bomi’s food container on her lap. He shoved the piece without biting it, noticing too late that the cheerleaders were watching him, giggling. With cheeks puffed Luhan smiled and nodded to them, earning him more giggles and flirty glances.

 

“Don’t do that,” Bomi told him, huffing. “You look ridiculous, Sunbae.”

 

“Bull,” Luhan said in a low voice so that only Bomi could hear him, his bright smile still plastered on his face. Luhan had a reputation to keep. “Yixing said I look adorable when eating.” Bomi looked at him now and Luhan purposely stretched his smile wider to look cuter.

 

She rolled her eyes. “Just don’t get choke up.”

 

Luhan nodded, picking up another piece. He was about to ate it all in one go but Bomi was staring with a small pout, so Luhan bit half of it. Munching the brownie, his eyes met a girl’s who sat next to Bomi. Cat eyes. Extremely pretty. Luhan nodded while smiling.

 

She coughed, not expecting Luhan to acknowledge her, and she quickly bowed to him.

 

“Oh, right. Sunbae, this is my friend, Jiyeon,” Bomi said, introducing the cat-eyes girl. It was the same girl Luhan often saw with Bomi.

 

“Park Jiyeon, Sunbaenim,” the girl said.

 

“Luhan, nice to meet you,” Luhan said, putting his charming smile, and Jiyeon, even though Luhan could tell she’s the I-know-I’m-beautiful type, blushed a little at his smile.

 

“Woah, Sunbae, you’re really too much,” Bomi muttered under her breath, and Luhan leaned closer. They looked like two kids with a lot of secrets that they kept out from the rest of the world. “How come when we first met you didn’t act the same?”

 

“It’s because you’re super lucky, I was on a bad mood that day,” Luhan grinned and pinched Bomi’s cheek.

 

“So I was your stress reliever?” frowning, Bomi pinched Luhan’s cheek back.

 

“Huh, so you dare to pinch your Sunbae’s cheek now?!” Where was the girl who didn’t dare to talk back to him gone, Luhan wondered. But this Bomi was cool, and even though his cheek started to hurt, he’s still grinning widely cause it’s fun. He pulled Bomi’s cheek harder.

 

“Aaah! Sunbae, Sunbae, let go, it hurts!”

 

Luhan felt Bomi pinched harder. “Haha, nice try Kid, you first!”

 

“Just what in the world are you two doing now?” Joohee asked, standing near them with an amused smile. “You two look like siblings.” Luhan glanced to Bomi, she’s scrunching up her nose at Joohee as if to disagree. Joohee noticed too, and she shook her head, “No, really! You two are even look alike. Cute appearance, the laugh, and the… weirdness,” she laughed and went away.

 

Luhan let go first, and noticing Bomi’s red cheek caused by him, he the skin absentmindedly to ease the pain. “Seohyun is really strong,” he said out of the blue, leaning back to Bomi’s shoulder. The girl protested and tried to shoo Luhan away, but Luhan was content with his position. “She still acts the same around Yifan, I don’t think I can do it if I was her.” Stuffing the rest of the brownie into his mouth, Luhan’s eyes followed Seohyun’s movements, back in the soccer players’ benches. She’s distributing the food, and her smile was as sweet as ever when she handed Yifan’s share to him. It was the goalkeeper who acted differently, as if he realized just now how Seohyun was nicer to him than to the other boys. He accepted the food awkwardly, scratching the back of his head and stammering in his thanks, but Seohyun just brushed him off with another smile. Luhan moved his head so he’d be more comfortable in the crook of Bomi’s neck. “Maybe she doesn’t like Yifan anymore after he rejects her?”

 

“… I don’t think that’s the case…” Luhan nudged her and he could feel that the cheerleader’s rolling her eyes, but she understood what Luhan wanted and fed Luhan with another piece of brownie. Bomi continued quietly so that the others couldn’t hear their conversation, “I think… Seohyun Sunbae doesn’t want Yifan Oppa to feel bad for her, that’s why she tries to act the same. If she suddenly avoids him, Yifan Oppa will feel guilty. She thinks about his feeling more than her own.” At that time, they could see Seohyun turned her back around and the smile was gone, replaced by a gloomy expression. “… Seohyun Sunbae must be really like Yifan Oppa.”

 

There’s a moment of pause where Bomi’s words took place inside Luhan’s mind, before slowly, he straightened his posture. “Woah. Sounds like a personal experience.”

 

Bomi stared at his lips before she reached out to wipe the crumbs from them. After she’s satisfied, she closed the now empty food container and said, “Well, everybody experiences a one-sided love at least once in their life, Sunbaenim.”

 

Automatically, Chorong’s face came to Luhan’s mind.

 

He settled back to Bomi’s shoulder.

 

***

 

Saturday morning somewhere along three and four months after ‘the day’, Luhan was awakened by the sound of knocking on his door. He’s a light sleeper so the knocks were enough to wake him, and Luhan sat up, yawning while scratching his stomach. Standing up from his makeshift bed on the floor, Luhan glanced briefly at the lump under the blanket on his bed before he made his way to the door.

 

“Hng?” he let out a noncommittal grunt to his guest, who turned out to be none other than Zitao, looking too awake for 8AM on Saturday.

 

“Ge, the boys from the left wing are going to go out for running and then we're eating outside, do you want to join?” Zitao asked, briefly looking past Luhan into his room. He was about to open his mouth, telling Luhan that they're going to the porridge restaurant Luhan loved, when his eyes caught the movement on his senior's bed. Now he noticed the brown hair that stuck out from under the blanket. Widening his eyes, Zitao exclaimed, “Holy, Ge you let someone on your bed!” Luhan's habit of kicking people out from his bed was infamous.

 

“SSHH!” Luhan hushed the younger, glancing back to check whether Zitao's voice woke the person sleeping on his bed or not. He pushed Zitao back and got out from his room himself, closing the door after him carefully. “You're going to wake her up!”

 

Zitao choked on his spit. “H-Her?! It's a she?! You have a girlfriend?”

 

Luhan rubbed his eyes awake. “No, it's just Bomi,” he said that casually, as if the girl being Bomi explained everything. Zitao stared at him with eyes almost popping out from the sockets - Luhan's answer didn't relieve him. Oblivious to Zitao's shocked look, Luhan continued, “We watched a horror movie last night. , I don’t think I want to shower alone ever again. Zitao, I change my mind, I’ll accompany you showering from now on.”

 

Luhan’s explanation just made Zitao even more bewildered. He’s pretty sure Luhan was still half-asleep because he didn’t make any sense. “You two watched a horror movie, how did that end up with you two slept together—”

 

But Luhan was not half-asleep and he caught Zitao’s misunderstanding right-away. “We’re not sleeping together! Seriously what are you thinking, it’s Bomi!” Zitao still looked lost and Luhan sighed. “I was scared to sleep alone so I told her to stay the night, I slept on the floor, not on the bed.”

 

Zitao blinked. “… Oh.”

 

“Yeah, oh.”

 

“But Ge, you don’t like horror movies,” Zitao pointed out. He knew the fact because he and Luhan were always strongly against scary movies whenever they boys wanted to watch a movie together.

 

“Bomi likes them,” Luhan said, and this time Zitao refrained himself from asking more, even though he questioned it on his head – the idea of Luhan relented to someone else was quite absurd to him. Luhan could be very persistent in the things that he wanted, and Luhan usually got what he wanted.

 

Zitao cleared his throat, getting his senses back and remembered the first reason he’s there. “So, do you want to join us, or…?”

 

“Pass,” Luhan waved his hand. “We stayed up late. I think I’m going back to sleep.”

 

“Do you want me to buy you and Bomi breakfast? We’re going to eat at the porridge restaurant near the book store,” Zitao offered, and Luhan pondered over it. After some times, he shook his head.

 

“Naah, Bomi said she’ll make me Beijing fried rice this morning, we already bought the ingredients too. Come by later if you want some, we’re going to start Master’s Sun marathon.”

 

Zitao blinked some more. Not only Luhan preferred Bomi’s cooking over his favorite meal, he also watched drama. Since when did Luhan watch k-dramas? It was Zitao who liked them. “Huh. Okay. I... will come, later,” he said dazedly before turning around, leaving Luhan to go back inside his room.

 

Walking away from Luhan’s room, Zitao turned his head one more time, thinking of how his senior had developed some new habits, courtesy of a certain girl with the ombre hair.

 

***

 

Minseok pushed the door’s handle down, and he’s greeted by a chorus of scream – variety of Yifan’s low-pitched shriek to Zitao’s high-pitched scream. He raised his eyebrows, looking down the sight in front of him. His friends hurdled up together, Luhan had Yixing in a tight grip around his shoulders, Tao tried to make himself smaller behind Bomi, and Yifan tried to make himself smaller behind Zitao – neither worked.

 

“Sunbaenim, you scared us!” Bomi was the first to recover from the shock and she immediately tried to shake Zitao away from her back.

 

“Aish, this bastard,” Luhan cursed and threw a pillow to Minseok’s direction. It landed on his feet and Minseok raised his eyebrows even higher. Luhan nodded to the pillow, gesturing for Minseok to return it.

 

“Bomi-yah, rewind the part,” Zitao already lost interest in Minseok and he nudged the girl who sat in front of his laptop.

 

Minseok placed the food he brought on the coffee table and sat next to Yixing on the floor. “What are you guys watching?” He stared curiously at the laptop which they connected to the TV – Zitao was the only one who had a TV in his room, that’s why they gathered there. They decided to watch a movie together and Minseok was late since he had an appointment before.

 

“Mourning Grave,” Yixing kindly answered, rummaging through the plastic bag Minseok just carried. He went to the kitchen to get some plates for the food Minseok brought.

 

“That’s a horror movie,” Minseok said as he turned to Luhan. No wonder they turned off the light. And that explained why they stuck together like a bunch of lost lambs in the middle of a storm too. Also, why they screamed like little kids when Minseok entered the room. “You two don’t watch horror movies,” the statement was directed at Luhan and Zitao now.

 

“Because this brat…,” Luhan hit Bomi’s head lightly with his knuckles, the girl narrowed her eyes at him, “… wants to watch it but she doesn’t want to watch it alone.”

 

“And you… agreed?” Minseok questioned, but Luhan didn’t seem to hear him as he told Bomi to rewind the part some more. The soccer team’s captain turned to his goalkeeper, searching for the answer there, but Yifan just shrugged, a small smile on his lips. He vaguely nodded at Luhan’s and Bomi’s direction – Minseok followed his gaze, and even though it’s debatable, it’s almost like Luhan tried to move Zitao’s hand away from Bomi’s shoulder. “Ah…,” Minseok nodded to himself.

 

They spent the next hours watching the movie while eating snacks, continued with discussing the scary scenes after, before the topic drifted to ghost stories and such.

 

“Aaah,” Bomi finally stood up, dusting her jeans from the crumbs. “I think I need to go home, it’s already late.” She picked up the dirty plates and dumped them on the sink, close enough with Zitao now to not feeling guilty to leave them there without washing them. She returned to take her bag.


“Bomi-yah, just sleep here with me, I don’t want to sleep alone,” Zitao whined, tugging on Bomi’s shirt from his place on the floor.

 

Luhan stood up too, kicking Zitao lightly while saying, “Sleep here…, what kind of nonsense you’re talking about. How can girls stay over at a guy’s place so carelessly?” He turned to Bomi, missing the incredulous look on Zitao’s face after his words. “Don’t forget your jacket,” Luhan reminded the girl, holding her elbow, ready to take her home.

 

Yixing peeked through the curtain, it’s already dark outside. “Han, you sure you’re brave enough to walk back alone from Bomi’s dorm? What if you meet a masked girl on the way?” he asked teasingly, referring to the ghost character in the movie they just watched.  

 

Hearing the question, Luhan’s face went blank immediately, as if he just remembered that he had to take the way back by himself. It made his friends cackled, but before Luhan could swear at them for being such a good friends, Yifan spoke.

 

“I’ll come with you two,” he said, and Luhan’s dark expression brightened in a mere second.

 

“I’m sorry Oppa for the trouble,” Bomi bowed to Yifan, later when they arrived at her dorm. Yifan just smiled, shaking his head. He’s been his usual quiet self during the trip, opting to listening to Luhan’s and Bomi’s chat. Even if he wanted to join the conversation, he couldn’t understand what the two’s talking about, why a mention of one word could send them both into a fit of giggles. Too many inside jokes he didn’t get.

 

“Yah, me, what about me, do you think you don’t give me trouble? Don’t watch horror movies again!” Luhan ruffled Bomi’s hair roughly, purposely messing with her and grinning in the end. “Don’t forget to brush your teeth, seriously, you eat so much sweet food, you’ll get holes in your teeth!”

 

“What you want to say is cavity,” Bomi corrected the Chinese boy, smiling to Yifan once again to say goodbye, totally ignoring Luhan’s presence. Right before she entered the door, however, she made a small wave at him, and before she closed it she shouted, “Sunbae, thank you!”

 

“Why she still calls you ‘Sunbae’?” Yifan asked, turning around along with Luhan, going back to their dorm. He remembered that Bomi already dropped the honorific and called him ‘Oppa’ comfortably right after their first met.

 

“Don’t know,” Luhan shrugged, wrinkling his nose. “I tell her to call me Oppa every time but she doesn’t listen. … Hah, maybe because I’m so great and she respects me so much.”

 

Yifan chuckled but didn’t try to counter it. Instead, after some moments passed, he scratched his nape with his index finger awkwardly. “Um, Luhan?”

 

“Yup?” Yifan didn’t continue, and it made Luhan glanced at him, curious as why Yifan didn’t immediately say what he wanted to say. There’s a frown on his forehead, as if he’s concentrating on something. “What’s up?” Luhan asked again. The wind blew through them, the season’s changing and Luhan zipped up his jacket all the way.  

 

Yifan glanced from the corner of his eyes, and he cleared his throat. “Ugh. Well… I have a friend…,” he started carefully, “… He, um, got a confession a while back.”

 

“Uh huh…?” Luhan encouraged him to continue. He was quick to grasp who this friend Yifan’s talking about was, but if Yifan wanted to play anonymous, he’d play along. Counting the days in his head, Luhan realized that it’s already two months since Seohyun’s confession to Yifan back before Summer break.

 

“She’s a… friend, I guess. A little bit more than acquaintances, but not quite friends… You know?” He turned to Luhan, and Luhan noticed how nervous he appeared. He nodded for him. “My friend had no clue about her feelings before, he never thought that she liked him… So, ah, he rejected her.”

 

“And…?”

 

“And…,” Yifan fixed his eyes on the ground as they walked, “And now he feels bad, because she’s a really nice girl. Lately, he starts to think that maybe… Maybe he should get to know her better. Because before, before he didn’t know anything about her. What… What do you think? Is it a good idea?”

 

“Yeah, I think it’s a good idea,” Luhan nodded, and Yifan visibly relieved hearing his answer. He almost snorted because this guy is too obvious. “Confessing needs a lot of courage, I bet it’s even scarier for girls, with the stigma of they should wait for the boys to make the first move whatsoever. She must be really like you—your friend,” Luhan caught his slip up and quickly fixed it. “And by trying to know her better, it’s giving her a chance, right? Cool. Tell your friend to do it.”

 

“But…,” Yifan hesitated. “But, what if she doesn’t like my friend anymore? It’s been a while.”

 

“Then, it’s simple, they will be friends! It shouldn’t be matter whether she still likes him or not if he doesn’t like her. You only worry about her feelings because you also have feelings or her.”

 

Hearing Luhan’s answer, Yifan nodded quietly before he remembered. “My friend! It’s not me! It’s my friend!”

 

Luhan resisted the sudden urge to scoff, smiling innocently to Yifan. “Oh, right, your friend. Tell this friend of yours what I just told you, alright? Tell him, that we don’t get to choose who we like or don’t like. If she doesn’t like him anymore, well, everyone experiences one-sided love at least once in their life.”

 

Yifan nodded once again, taking all Luhan’s words, and Luhan smiled in satisfaction without realizing he just quoted what Bomi told him before.

 

***

 

“Of all the colors in the world!” Luhan complained, loud and whiny, “Pink! You choose pink! And it has to be baby pink?” He stopped in his steps climbing up the stairs in his dorm, looking back to a laughing Bomi behind him with a scowl.

 

“It’s my favorite color!” the girl, on the contrary, was sporting a huge grin. “And it comes out really pretty, like a cotton candy!” she continued, reaching out to touch Luhan’s hair. The first touch was brief but Luhan leaned on it unconsciously, and Bomi stopped for a second before she twirled her finger on his hair. Her eyes fixated there and there’s no expression on her face, but Luhan saw how moved as if she’s swallowing down.

 

Luhan’s eyes widened. “Yah! Are you thinking of eating my hair?!” He grabbed Bomi’s wrist to stop her and drag her up with him.

 

“But it looks so sweet…,” Luhan could hear Bomi’s mumble.

 

When they finally reached Yifan’s room – today they gathered there – Yixing, Zitao, and Minseok were already inside, and they all blatantly stared at Luhan’s head as the said boy entered the room, tugging his shoes off with a bouncing Bomi on his tail.

 

“Luhan…,” Minseok trailed off, mesmerized by the new hair color his best friend had. All of the sudden Yixing burst out laughing, followed immediately by Zitao, and even Yifan laughed – but he immediately covered his laugh with small coughs when Luhan glared at them.

 

“You look like a fairy,” Yixing said, wiping the tears away from his eyes caused by too much laughing. Zitao ended up rolling on the floor because of Yixing’s comment.  

 

“Thanks, ,” was Luhan’s reply. Bomi smacked him lightly on the back – she’s been trying to stop him from cursing too much, a habit that came out whenever he’s with his closest friends. They came in, and Luhan pulled the laughing Zitao into a choke-hold, punishing him until Zitao begged for mercy. 

 

“But honestly, Luhan still looks good with the that hair,” Yifan said, staring intently on Luhan’s hair. Beside him, Minseok snorted, muttering, “Don’t boost his ego,” under his breath.

 

“I know, right? You also think that it’s good, right, Oppa?” Bomi basically yelled to Yifan, excited eyes and all. “I told him that he looks cute but he doesn’t believe me!”

 

As Bomi settled down next to Zitao and started to engrossed in their own world about the new movies and the classes they shared this semester, Yixing nudged Luhan, who was busy checking his reflection on his phone. “So what’s the story?” he nodded at Luhan’s hair with his chin. He’s still grinning obnoxiously.

 

“The story, is, I lost a bet,” Luhan huffed, fixing a wild strand and putting it back in place. He squinted his eyes at Bomi – the girl was oblivious to the glare, laughing happily with Zitao, a hand on his upper arm. “I’ll get back to her one day.” He fiddled with his phone after, glancing to Bomi and Zitao once before he returned his attention to his phone, almost like he’s checking on them.

 

Minseok opened his mouth wide to pop some nuts into it. Then he asked to Luhan, “So you’re official with her now?”

 

Distracted, Luhan raised his head away from his phone a little bit too late. “What? Who?” 

 

Unlike Yixing and Yifan who beat around the bushes, Minseok straightly hit the ball. “Bomi.” Admittedly, at first he was surprised of how comfortable Luhan was around the girl after the summer break, or how the girl had been hanging out with the Chinese line a lot. But then he saw how comfortable Luhan was with Bomi, how he always took care of her, how he seemed to revolve around her even when they’re not together – sending each other funny pictures and such. Minseok knew how his best friend acted when he’s in love, and the fond look on Bomi’s eyes when she stared at Luhan was not hard to decipher either. 

 

Unlike his flustered reaction when Yixing said he though they’re dating a couple of months back, this time Luhan simply scoffed. “You guys need to stop thinking that we’re dating. We’re just friends. You know, like me, and you. And you, and you,” he added, waving to Yixing and Yifan. “Don’t you guys realize that I’ve been trying to make Bomi and Zitao together?” He glanced at the two kids, now whispering to each other suspiciously, and at some point Zitao seemed to blush. Bomi pushed his shoulder, teasing. “I think it’s working, they’ve been spending times together a lot. They watch movies without me,” Luhan clucked after his last sentence.

 

Minseok stared at Luhan for a long time, perhaps waiting for a ‘Just kidding!’ from the boy, but when it was clear that Luhan was serious about the ‘We’re just friends’ part, he turned his head to Yifan, asking for help. The taller guy shook his head, making them both turned to Yixing. Yixing exhaled.

 

“You have your photo with her as your profile picture,” Yixing said. Before, it was the picture they took at Pink Panda, one of the days they watched Gag Concert together from Bomi’s laptop. Just an hour ago, Luhan changed it – he’s already in pink hair, frowning at the camera while Bomi made double V signs behind him.

 

“Yeah, I didn’t know that she was behind me,” was Luhan’s answer. It made Yixing tilted his head back in surrender while Minseok finally rolled his eyes. “Oh, you remind me of something. Bomi-yah!”

 

Bomi stopped joking around with Zitao. “Hm?”

 

“Why your change your profile picture?” Luhan had made Bomi changed her profile picture to the first photo they took together, the day they went to Pink Panda for the first time, but now it’s just a picture of Bomi alone – even though it’s Luhan who took it.

 

Realization drawn on her face. “Ah, that… Because people keep on asking, if we’re… dating,” she muttered the last word, averting her gaze from Luhan.

 

“So?” Luhan didn’t see the problem with it. “Just tell them that we’re best friends!” he deadpanned.

 

Luhan didn’t realize how Bomi’s expression fell down a bit, he didn’t realize how his friends all stared at Bomi with worry, he didn’t realize how the mood gloomed.

 

“I already told them that…” Bomi’s smile was wry, but Luhan didn’t notice this too.     

 

Luhan only noticed how Zitao leaned closer to Bomi, asking her something in a whisper, and how he put his hand on top of her, patting it gently.

 

He only noticed that, not the sad smile on Bomi’s face when she answered Zitao’s question.  

 

***

 

Luhan was playing around with the guitar he borrowed from Yixing in his room when Minseok passed by outside. “Oh, I thought you’re with Bomi,” he said, stopping by on Luhan’s door. Luhan had let the door open.

 

“No, why?”

 

“I saw her earlier in the living room when I went out, but when I came back she’s no longer there so I thought she already went up here,” Minseok explained, leaning on the doorframe. By now, Minseok was not the only one who knew that Bomi was close with Luhan and the Chinese line, a lot of the dorm’s residents knew too, they already used seeing Bomi inside the building and often let her in when they saw her waiting for Luhan.

 

“Huh? She didn’t tell me that she’s coming... Maybe she’s with Zitao?” Luhan took out his phone, texting a message to Bomi. ‘Minseok said you’re in my dorm?’

 

“But Zitao’s out, remember? He asked our opinion about the shoes he wants to buy.”

 

Luhan furrowed his eyebrows, and Minseok left him at that. He looked down to his phone, waiting for Bomi’s answer.

 

‘Ung! I ask my friend to tutor me.’

 

Luhan’s frown grew deeper, he had no clue about this tutoring thing.

 

‘You didn’t tell me, who is it? What floor? Just the two of you? Don’t close the door, alright?’

 

Bomi only answered with another ‘Ung!’ without telling him who her friend was, and Luhan was about to pester her some more before he remembered that she’s studying. In the end he settled with an encouraging message, ‘Study well, drop by later?’

 

Luhan waited, the guitar long forgotten as he’s waiting for Bomi’s reply, but it never came. She’s probably busy, Luhan thought, and he didn’t want to disturb her, so he put his phone away – although the thought of Bomi alone with a guy he didn’t know still bothered him for some reasons.