Part 3

To Walk A Fine Line

 

Day sixty-something after ‘the day’, Luhan was already back in the dorm even though there were still some days left before the next semester began. No real reason, actually, but he knew Yixing, his best friend and his next-door dorm mate, didn’t go home during the summer break, and although Yixing said he’s fine, still it’s one of the factor that made Luhan went back to South Korea earlier.

 

They would have a dinner together later that night, Luhan, Yixing, Yifan, and Zitao – the Chinese line that didn’t go home during the break – and Luhan was walking to Pink Panda because he’s in charge of buying the dessert – Yifan and his awkward, giant hands (that only worked for blocking balls) and Zitao were in charge of buying snacks and ingredients, Yixing was the main chef, and they kicked Luhan’s useless out so he would be ‘useful for once’, Yixing said.

 

The heat was unbearable outside – damn Zhang Yixing, cheating for taking the cooking role in order to be under the protection of a roof – and Luhan put on his snapback since the sun was glaring. Yet, despite the very need of everything that was cold on the summer day, Pink Panda was relatively dead. That’s why when Luhan walked in into the shop, he immediately noticed Bomi.

 

The girl was sitting alone on a table in the far corner, propping her cheek with her left hand while her right scooping the ice cream every now and then, she’s using a headset and she pulled her fringe into a small ponytail on top of her head. She didn’t see Luhan coming, too focused on whatever she’s watching with a foolish smile gracing her lips and Luhan ordered first before he approached Bomi from behind.

 

She’s watching Chicken School skit on Gag Concert.

 

Luhan took off the earbud from her ear, “Is it funny?”

 

Bomi looked up in a jolt. “Sunbae!” She shifted to the side since Luhan nudged her away, wanting to sit down. “What are you doing here?”   

 

“To buy ice cream, what else,” Luhan retorted, pushing the earbud to his own ear – Bomi automatically moved the other earbud to her right ear so they could sit side by side comfortably. “What are you doing here?”

 

Bomi puffed her cheeks in annoyance. “Fine, that was a stupid question. But I mean, the break is not over yet, I thought you’re still in China… You didn’t go home, Sunbae?” 

 

“Yeah, but I got bored so I come back earlier,” Luhan answered, only paying half-attention to his junior, eyes fixed to the screen. He glanced briefly to the ice cream bowl near Bomi’s laptop; one scoop was unmistakably chocolate and the other scoop was something yellow-colored. Luhan took the spoon and tasted it – mango. Bomi eyed him, so Luhan turned his head slightly, “What? I can’t? Don’t be so stingy.”

 

Bomi’s expression and tone was both flat when she said, “It’s not that. You used my spoon.” Her gaze flickered from the spoon on Luhan’s hand to Luhan’s eyes, almost like searching for signs of discomfort.

 

Ah. Luhan blinked and looked down to the small spoon in his hand. He did. Normally Luhan didn’t do that, sharing straws or spoons, maybe with his parents or his closest cousin, or with Yixing because they’re bros. But he’s not as neat and clean freak as Minseok, besides, they’re already drinking from the same bottle before albeit they were tipsy at that time. And, well, Luhan didn’t mind?

 

So he looked back up to Bomi, she’s still studying his expression, “So what? I can’t?” he repeated, and this time Bomi shrugged.

 

They went back watching the show’s playing, sharing the ice cream Bomi bought, the spoon being handed back and forth.

 

“What about you?” Luhan asked two minutes later after handing the spoon to Bomi. “Did you go back home or not?”

 

“I did,” Bomi the spoon clean and Luhan stared as Bomi’s pink tongue darted around the spoon. “But then my father had a convention in another city for a couple weeks and my mother goes with him… My sister just married, she’s staying with her husband, so Jongjin and I decided to just go back to our own dorm.”

 

“Jongjin?” Luhan took over the spoon, scraping the bowl for the last remnant of the mango ice cream. “Your bratty brother.” Bomi nodded in affirmative, nudging Luhan to left out the chocolate. “Is there a lot of people in your dorm?”

 

Bomi shook her head and grab the bowl before Luhan could finish off the chocolate ice cream too, “The graveyard is more crowded than the dorm.”

 

“Hmm.” Luhan had the spoon between his lips now, and he ignored Bomi’s whine when she tried to pull it – Luhan bit the spoon, holding it back. He pondered over his idea before he released the spoon, “Want to eat dinner with me?”

 

“Huh? Dinner?” Bomi scooped a big chunk of ice cream and shoved it into . “Jus twe twoo ofh uh?”

 

“Swallow your food before you speak,” Luhan furrowed his eyebrows, reaching for tissue and handing it to Bomi, pointing to a spot near . “And no, with my friends. At my room. It’s better than to eat alone, right?”

 

Wiping carelessly with the tissue Luhan gave her, Bomi asked, “Will it be okay? If I join?”

 

“Yeah, it’s cool,” he looked at the clock on Bomi’s laptop. “Want to go now?”

 

Bomi’s eyes widened. “Now?”   

 

“Now. Come on.” Luhan stopped the show and shut down Bomi’s laptop the very next second despite asking no permission from the owner. But Bomi didn’t stop him either, only curling the headset neatly and put it on her bag.

 

Outside, the sun was still going strong and Luhan narrowed his eyes due to the bright light. He should had brought his sunglasses with him even if it’s just a couple of blocks walk. Beside him, Bomi used her hand to cover the blinding rays. Luhan took of his own snapback and put it on Bomi’s head. “Wear this.”

 

“Oh, thank you, Sunbae,” Bomi said as she fixed the position of the snapback on her head.

 

Luhan nodded. His fringe, which previously pushed back by his snapback, was falling to his eyes, and he flicked them away.

 

“Sunbae, you need a haircut,” Bomi told him and before Luhan could retort, she already offered him a hair tie from her bag. Instead of took it and tied his own hair, Luhan simply bent down so Bomi could do it for him.

 

“I keep on forget to,” Luhan said, waiting patiently while Bomi tied up his hair. When Bomi had finished, he straightened up only to found Bomi staring unblinking at him. “Why are you looking at me like that, is it weird? Yah, tied it properly!” 

 

“I did!” Bomi cried, frowning. “It’s just, Sunbae, you look even more like a kid now,” she said after, still eyeing Luhan’s apple hair.

 

“Ah, really?” Luhan grinned. He took out his phone to check his reflection – he did look like a kid, in a cute way. He should thank his parents for his face. “Let’s take a pic,” Luhan slung his arm around Bomi’s shoulder, pulling her closer.  

 

It wasn’t a long walk between Pink Panda and Luhan’s dorm, the same ugly grey paint like Bomi’s dorm except it had brown as the window frame. The door to his room was wide open with several slippers in front of it, one of them was as big as boat so Yifan must be back already.

 

“Guys, we have an addition,” Luhan announced easily as soon as he entered his room with Bomi’s on his tail. Three heads turned to look at him and their eyes darted to Bomi behind him immediately.

 

“I’m sorry for intruding…,” Bomi said, bowing to them and smiling awkwardly to the soccer players that she already knew of as she locked eyes with them. Yifan smiled back, as not-frightening as he could, and Zitao too, smiling coyly to her.

 

“You already know Yifan and Zitao,” Luhan said, pointing carelessly to the two. “And this guy is Yixing,” he pointed to the last guy who looked at Bomi curiously. “His room is just next to mine. Xing, this is Bomi, she’s a cheerleader.”  

 

Bomi took off Luhan’s snapback and bowed to Yixing, but the gesture was not returned since Yixing stared hard at her. He blinked several times before finally he said, “You seem familiar… Ah. You’re the Gorilla Girl?”

 

Bomi flushed in an instant and she could only reply weakly, “Ah… yes… That’s me…” But then she turned to Luhan with an accusing glare, her eyes saying It’s all your fault and Luhan tried to stifle his laugh, ruffling the girl’s hair to calm her down.

 

Bomi ended up helping Yixing in the kitchen with Luhan bothering them every now and then (“I’m supervising!”), while Yifan and Zitao cut the watermelon. The night went well, Bomi made small talks with the three Chinese men even without Luhan’s help, and it didn’t take long until Bomi and Zitao tattled furiously about a professor’s unfair treatment to his students – apparently the two shared a class together but never talked to each other before.

 

“Oppa, is it really okay if I don’t help cleaning up?” Bomi asked as she tried to take the dishes from Yifan’s hands only to be shot down with a smile.

 

“It’s fine, Bomi-ah, you’re a guest here,” Yixing said from the sink, hands already covered with pink rubber gloves, standing side by side with Luhan who got the duty the washed the dishes. “You should go home, it’s late already.”

 

“Yah, who did you call Oppa!” Luhan yelled while rubbing a dish with a sponge. “Wait for me, I’ll take you home after this.”

 

Bomi picked up her bag from the floor. “It’s fine, it’s still bright outside. Then, Yixing Oppa, thank you so much for the food, it’s delicious. Yifan Oppa, Zitao, I’ll go first,” she waved to the boys before heading out.

 

Luhan looked over his shoulder, “I told you to wait, Bomi—Yah!” only to saw Bomi walked out from Yixing’s room in a rush. “That brat… And she doesn’t even call me Oppa!”

 

“Ge, I’ll take her home,” Zitao said to Luhan, putting on his shoes while grinning over the two’s childish banter.

 

“Thanks, Zitao!” Luhan shouted to his junior before Zitao ran after Bomi. He handed the plate he rubbed clean to Yixing so he could rinse it, wondering whether Zitao could catch up to Bomi.

 

His mind wandered to how the two kids clicked so well earlier, joking about the night of the soccer’s team party where Zitao cried and Bomi made a fool of herself, and he thought of how Zitao’s tall but lean frame looked nice beside Bomi’s small build. He clucked before voicing his thoughts out loud, “Xing, what do you think about Bomi and Zitao? Don’t you think they match together? Should I set them up?”

 

Yixing stopped rinsing the plate on his hands, turning his head slowly to Luhan. “… Huh?”     

 

“Bomi and Zitao,” Luhan repeated. “Zitao doesn’t have a girlfriend, right?”

 

“No, he doesn’t, but I thought…,” Yixing trailed off, looking back to Yifan who clearly also listening to their conversation. Yifan shrugged and Luhan cocked an eyebrow to them.

 

“What?” he asked. The way Yixing and Yifan exchanged confused looks made him confused too.

 

“I thought you and Bomi…,” again, Yixing didn’t finish his sentence and Luhan furrowed his eyebrows, getting more impatient with every seconds passed by. But Yixing only stared blankly at him like he always did, until Luhan caught on.

 

“Did you—You thought me and Bomi—? No, no no no,” Luhan shook his head feverishly. “We’re not—I asked her to eat with us because she’s alone in her dorm, not because we—No, it’s not like that. What even makes you think we’re something like that?”

 

“She wore your snapback,” Yifan said quietly from behind, making Luhan turned to him. “Earlier, when you two came,” he tilted his head to Luhan’s bed, where his snapback laid neatly on top of the pillow.

 

“What, just because of that—”

 

“And you’re different,” Yixing cut in and now Luhan glanced at him. “Usually, around girls, you act cool and gentle. But tonight, you’re just…,” he shrugged nonchalantly, “… your usual self.”

 

For nearly half a minute Luhan didn’t say anything, just looking down to the foam covering his gloves. He tried to remember what happened during the dinner, and all he remembered was he’s having a good time with his friends, Bomi was beside him, eating messily that at one point Luhan gave up trying to tell her and just dapped a tissue over directly instead. And Luhan remembered laughing a lot with his unattractive laugh, and Bomi told him, “Sunbae, you look more like a human now instead of a God,” and Luhan had flicked her forehead, “You think your laugh is pretty?” and she rubbed the spot Luhan’s fingers hit her, muttering something that sounded like, “Child abuse,” under her breath.

 

It’s true that Luhan felt comfortable enough around the cheerleader that he let his guard down – he even told her about his feelings to Chorong, but that’s not because Luhan thought about her that way, it’s the contrary, it’s because—

 

Yixing and Yifan still looked at him, waiting. Luhan scrunched up his nose. “… That’s because she feels like a dongsaeng to me,” he told them. “Like Zitao? Yeah, like a male dongsaeng,” he nodded.

 

Slowly, Yixing nodded at his explanation and Luhan nodded back, already busy thinking of setting up Zitao for Bomi.

 

Later that night, Luhan climbed up to his bed so sleep, and as he put away his snapback, he caught a whiff of a shampoo’s scent that wasn’t belonged to him. His memory went to the hallway in front of the girls’ changing room, where he waited for Bomi after practice to go to Pink Panda, her wet hair, and the droplets that fell onto Luhan’s arm when they took a picture together.

 

He put the snapback on the bedside before turning away, closing his eyes.

 

***

 

Day seventy-something after the ‘day’, Luhan came to Bomi’s room.

 

It’s a good thing Bomi’s dorm was still quite empty during the break, since it would probably create a ruckus if they knew Lu-God was visiting a girl all by himself – he only came to his friends’ rooms before and never alone, always with other guys for studying or cooking together.

 

“So, um, this is my room?” Bomi said, unsure and awkward, opening the door for Luhan. “… Welcome?”

 

Luhan tugged off his shoes outside, eyes roaming the inside of Bomi’s room. It’s bigger than Luhan’s and messier with more objects in it, but what caught Luhan’s attention was the big, pink, whatever it was, on Bomi’s bunk bed. “… Tent?” he whispered confusedly, taking a step inside as he focused his eyes at the thing. And, “TENT!” when he was sure that the thing was, indeed, a tent, Luhan shouted, excited.

 

He took another step, about to climb onto Bomi’s bed and inspected the interesting thing there, but Bomi grabbed him by his shirt and pulled him back. “What are you doing?” Luhan asked, looking down to Bomi’s hand on his shirt. “You’re stretching my shirt. Let go, I want to see your tent.”

 

“Then see it from here,” Bomi said, not letting go of her grip.

 

“But—!” Luhan turned his head and looked at the tent longingly. “… Why you have a tent on your bed?” It’s ridiculous and stupid but it’s also exciting at the same time, Luhan wanted to know how it felt to lay down inside it.

 

“Because I can, and Sunbae, you didn’t let me sit on your bed, so to be fair…,” she trailed off and Luhan narrowed his eyes at her. True, when she joined the dinner before, Luhan pushed Bomi away from his bed when she tried to sit there. But it’s Luhan’s thing. He hated it when people tried to get on his bed. It didn’t feel right, having people on the place he slept at.

 

Luhan furrowed his eyebrows, irritated but trying to be understanding. “Do you hate it if there’s another person on your bed too?”

 

“No,” Bomi replied, smiling innocently to him. “Just you.”

 

“Wh—Yah you!” Luhan raised his hand, about to flick Bomi’s forehead, but Bomi was faster, already covering her forehead with her other hand. It made Luhan huffed and lowered his own hand, only to flicked Bomi’s forehead as soon as the girl lowered her defense.

 

“Aaah, Sunbae! What if you damage my brain!” Bomi practically whined, and Luhan smiled in satisfaction.

 

“No way, you’ll be fine.” But Bomi still pouted pitifully and Luhan gave in, inspecting Bomi’s forehead to find a small, fresh, red bruise on the skin there. “Move your hand away,” he told her, moving closer so he could blow the skin, rubbing it gently. When he was done, he looked down, realizing Bomi was too quiet. She was directing her gaze to the floor, moving her toes awkwardly.

 

Luhan pretended not to notice how red the tips of Bomi’s ears were.

 

He took a step back and huffed obnoxiously. “Fine. Next time, you can sit on my bed, happy now?”

 

Bomi nodded without saying anything, quickly releasing Luhan, and Luhan’s stare lingered a moment longer on the girl’s face, scrutinizing it. But then he remembered about the tent.

 

Bomi’s bed was a single bunk bed with the desk under it, and Luhan climbed the stairs, pulling the zipper of the tent down so he could go in. “… Woah,” the word escaped his lips as soon as he entered.

 

It’s a good thing Luhan didn’t have a claustrophobia, because it felt cramped there, when the space was limited inside the small tent.

 

Luhan lay on his stomach, looking around. There were two books beside Bomi’s pillow, one was a novel and the other was her textbook. There were also papers, taped to the tent, and Luhan noticed it was Bomi’s notes. She must be read them before she slept, and the small lamp on the corner affirmed it. There’s also a picture, family of five with Bomi in it; her family. Luhan took a closer look of the infamous Jongjin – he was tall and skinny and didn’t look like Bomi at all.

 

Content with looking around, Luhan rolled over so he could lie down. He stared at the tent’s ceiling. “… Huh.” It felt strangely comfortable. He could still feel the sun through the fabric of the tent, but it’s cool there, and Bomi’s pillow smelled of fabric softener, and he also could hear the noisy crickets outside.

 

Luhan closed his eyes.

 

“… Sunbae?” Bomi called him, and then Luhan felt a touch on his leg.

 

He opened his eyes, raising his head slightly. Bomi was already climbing up to the bed, half of her body inside the tent, kneeling on four in front of Luhan. Luhan made an effort to not think the pose was suggestive.

 

“Sunbae! Don’t sleep!” Bomi protested, grabbing Luhan’s hand and tried to pull him up. “You said you’ll help me cook for Yixing Oppa!” That was actually the reason Luhan came to Bomi’s dorm. Bomi said she wanted to return the favor and cook for Yixing, and Luhan was there to help her since Bomi didn’t know anything about Yixing’s taste.

 

“I’ll help you by testing it later,” Luhan said, resisting so he could lie back down and closed his eyes. “And why are you calling him Oppa?” he added begrudgingly. “You don’t call me like that.”

 

“Sunbaenim!” the whine continued, Bomi’s tugging on Luhan’s shirt now. “Get up!”

 

“Ssshh… I’ll wake up later after you finish cooking,” Luhan promised, snuggling deeper onto Bomi’s pillow.

 

Bomi gave up after that, and the sounds of her cooking in the kitchen lulled Luhan to sleep.

 

When Luhan stirred awake, it was relatively silent in the room, but Luhan could hear Bomi hummed quietly to a new pop song by an idols group. He rubbed his eyes, checking his watch after. It’s roughly an hour after he came to Bomi’s room. It was a good nap.

 

Luhan made his way out of the tent, and Bomi turned her head right at the moment his foot touched the floor. “Oh, Sunbae, nice timing!” she said. “Come here and try this. Do you think Yixing Oppa will like it?” She’s stirring something in the pot.

 

Yawning, Luhan made his way to Bomi, stopping in front of her. She was looking up to her with a small smile on her lips. “Mmm?” Luhan asked, still half-awake.

 

“Your bed hair,” Bomi told him. She reached out only to stopped midway, almost as if she realized in the last second that she shouldn’t. But Luhan leaned closer, silently telling her that it’s okay to touch his hair.

 

Bomi’s smile grew wider a bit and she Luhan’s hair, trying to flatten them down.

 

“What did you make?” Luhan peeked onto the pot.

 

“I made egg roll, chicken stir-fry, and curry. Does Yixing Oppa like spicy food?” Bomi brushed Luhan’s fringe away from his face before she turned to find a spoon. 

 

“No, he can’t handle spicy food,” Luhan told her, eyes following Bomi’s movements.

 

Bomi scooped a spoonful of her curry, carefully blowing on it to cool it down while she brought it to Luhan who opened his mouth dutifully.

 

In his mind, Luhan briefly thought about how domestic they were right now, Bomi cooked while he slept and then he woke up when the food’s ready.

 

Somehow, it felt…

 

But whatever feeling Luhan had disappeared as soon as his taste bud attacked by the saltiness in Bomi’s curry. “ACK!” Luhan stuck out his tongue, scrunching his face in distaste. “What the hell is this… Do you want to kill Yixing? It’s so salty!”

 

“What? It can’t be that bad,” Bomi frowned, scooping another portion for herself. “… It’s fine for me?”

 

Luhan was already rummaging through Bomi’s kitchen to find sugar. “Then there’s something wrong with you.” When he found it, he poured a generous amount to the pot.

 

“Sunbae! That’s too much!” Bomi grabbed his arm, stopping him from adding some more. She smacked Luhan’s arm. That’s the first, Luhan thought. “Aish, what are we going to do now?” She went to take the salt.

 

“Wait—Yah yah yah! Don’t add more!!!”

 

By the time they finished arguing and cooking, it was already past dinner time, and since they’re hungry, they ended up eating the food meant for Yixing.

 

***

 

Three months after ‘the day’, the break was almost over, and Luhan was buying movies’ tickets for two with Bomi beside him.

 

Earlier, Luhan was bored out of his mind and decided to browse on the movies’ playing in the cinema. There’s one that he wanted to see, and he bugged Yixing to watch with him because watching movie alone was a big no for Luhan.

 

But Yixing was not interested with the movie, Zitao preferred watching movies at home with Chinese subtitle, and Yifan didn’t like watching movies in cinemas. Luhan usually went out with Minseok and his classmates, but most of them hadn’t returned to the dorm yet.

 

So Luhan called Bomi.

 

She joined the Chinese boys for dinner a couple more times and she even went shopping for the ingredients twice – once with Luhan and once with Zitao. During the day she often spotted at Pink Panda, watching Gag Concert, and since he had nothing to do, Luhan tagged along, sharing the headset and filling the shop with their laughs.  

 

The girl said yes without even asking what movie they would watch. “I like watching movies,” Bomi said, shrugging when Luhan asked her about it.

 

They made a beeline to the food counter after buying the tickets, and Luhan turned to Bomi. “Bomi-ah, do you want Sprite or Cola?”

 

Bomi didn’t answer immediately, staring distractedly at the distance somewhere behind Luhan.

 

Luhan waved his hand in front of Bomi’s face. “Bomi? What are you looking at—”

 

“Sunbae!” all of the sudden Bomi grabbed Luhan’s arm, stopping him from turning around. “I—I change my mind, let’s watch the movie another time, okay? There’s this, uh… An album! Album that I want to buy!”

 

“What? What are you talking about, we already buy the ticket…”

 

“It’s fine! I’ll pay for it,” Bomi tried to smile widely, forcing Luhan to follow her. “I just remember, the album, special edition! With poster! And signed!”

 

Luhan furrowed his eyebrows. “You’re rambling. Do we have to buy it now?”

 

“Yes!” Bomi said desperately. “Hurry—”    

 

“Luhan?”

 

Bomi stopped pulling Luhan’s arm when someone called his name, and now she’s giving him a worried look. When Luhan turned around, he’s face to face with Nam Woohyun.

 

And Chorong.

 

“Oh. Woohyun, … Chorong,” he nodded stiffly to the two. His eyes landed on the couple’s intertwined hands and Luhan felt a heavy weight on his stomach. He hadn’t felt it lately, probably because he never saw Chorong or Woohyun during the break. But now they were in front of him, their relationship on display, and Luhan’s throat was clogging up. He feigned a smile. “On a date?”

 

“Yeah, you too?” Woohyun grinned, directing his gaze at Luhan’s arm where Bomi’s hands were still gripping it tightly. “It’s Bomi, right?”

 

“Yes…,” Bomi said, bowing slightly, before she realized Woohyun’s first question. She released Luhan’s arm in a speed of light. “Oh, no! I mean, yes I’m Bomi, but no, me and Luhan Sunbae, it’s a not a date! Absolutely not! We’re just friends!” she waved her hands in panic, and Luhan noticed how she emphasized that they’re just friends while looking at Chorong.

 

Chorong smiled amusedly to her, and Bomi ducked her head, flustered.

 

Luhan’s heart clenched.

 

“Well, our movie is about to start, so... See you around. Bye, Bomi,” Woohyun waved to the girl, winking to Luhan after, and Luhan nodded when Chorong smiled to him. Bomi bowed to them again.

 

Woohyun and Chorong were already left, but Luhan was still standing in his place, trying not to feel anything about the previous encounter. It didn’t work out.

 

“Sunbae…,” Bomi called out gingerly, and Luhan turned to her.

 

“… I think you’re right. I’m not in the mood for a movie. Let’s watch it another time.”

 

Bomi quickly nodded. “I, I heard the movie’s anyway!” she said in an attempt to lightened the mood. Luhan almost wanted to smile and ruffle her hair. He didn’t.  

 

They exited the cinema in silence, Luhan with his own feeling, tight in his chest, while Bomi tried to keep up with Luhan’s pace, throwing a worried look every now and then to him. Luhan wasn’t sure what bothered him the most, his lingering feeling for Chorong despite the fact she already had a boyfriend, or how Bomi looked out for him by telling Chorong that they’re just friends.

 

Why she had to do that? It’s not like Luhan had a chance with Chorong.  

 

He stopped walking abruptly, turning around, and Bomi almost bumped into him. “Sunbaenim?”

 

“How do you know?” Luhan asked. “I never told you about... I never told you that it’s her.” Saying her name out loud would just bring unnecessary pain to Luhan’s heart.

 

Bomi squirmed uneasily under his stare. “… It’s… I’m just guessing…,” she said, slowly and carefully as if she’s walking in a mine-field. It irked Luhan a little bit, how Bomi treated him so cautiously. Luhan was not that fragile, he’s not going to start bawling right there. “… There’s not a lot of Unnie’s friends that join our parties… And Chorong Sunbae dates Woohyun Sunbae recently…” Then Bomi looked up to him with guilt, as if it’s her fault that there’s a hole on Luhan’s heart.

 

“… So you remember that night,” he said, and Bomi nodded, still cautious.

 

It’s quiet between them before Luhan finally exhaled, placing his hands on Bomi’s shoulders and turned him around. “Sorry,” he said after, resting his forehead down on Bomi’s shoulder.

 

“Sunbae?”

 

“… I told you to have your eyes on me, but I guess I just want you to see my cool side,” he chuckled and held back a choke. “Ah… I really don’t want you to see me like this.” He closed his eyes.

 

“Sunbae...That’s not true.  You’re Lu-God, you’re always cool,” Bomi stubbornly told him, and she sounded sad.

 

He chuckled again. “Yeah… You’re right.” Luhan shut his eyes tighter. “Just… Let me stay like this for a while,” he whispered, feeling Bomi’s nod by the movement of her shoulder.

 

And Luhan did stay, there on the side of the road, letting his broken heart seen by someone else for the first time.