Chapter Two

This Ain't No Heaven

“Hyung, there’s an angel here,” Changmin said, bursting into the palace dining room. Yunho — the ‘fearless’ King of all Demons, ruler of Hell, and Changmin’s big brother — glanced up, looking exhausted.

“What?” the elder asked.

Changmin frowned. “I said there’s a — ”

“I heard you,” Yunho replied, without the slightest hint of concern in his voice. Beside him, Jaejoong shot Changmin an irritated glance (probably annoyed that Changmin had interrupted the foot massage Yunho was currently giving him - no wonder the guy was exhausted). “There’s no angel here. This is Hell.”

“An angel?” Yoochun interrupted, glancing up from where he had been fulfilling his own duties in the Whipped Husbands Club, giving Junsu (Changmin’s second oldest brother) his own foot massage. Changmin inwardly cringed; you knew changes need to be made when you sat around in a little group, your significant others’ feet.

“I saw an angel,” Changmin told him.

“…Huh?” Yoochun, for some reason, suddenly looked incredibly nervous.

“What do you mean?” Junsu questioned, frowning. “It’s Hell, why would there be an angel here?”

“Could everyone stop saying that?” Changmin snapped. “It’s not that inconceivable — it’s not like we have anti-angel barriers or anything.”

“Yunnie!” Jaejoong exclaimed, turning to his husband, “we should invest in some of those!”

“Anti-angel…? Boo, I don’t think those exist,” Yunho told him gently.

Jaejoong pouted.

“…I’ll look into it,” Yunho promised, his face melting into a sappy, apologetic expression.

Changmin snorted.

“Look,” Yunho said, turning to him, “I have a ton of stuff to deal with. The revolutionaries are starting up again, and I have the peasants from the nearby village complaining about a ‘monstrous beast’ eating all their crops — ”

“They’re in Hell, what do they expect?” Changmin muttered.

“ — and my outfit for the Grand Feast is three sizes too big.” Yunho let out an tired sigh, while Changmin raised his eyebrows, wondering why that was at the very end of the list. “I don’t have time to deal with an angel.”

Changmin silently winced. Ever since the old man had carked it a little over a year ago, Yunho had been placed in charge. His brother wasn't a bad leader but — how could he put it? …The guy was whipped.

(Literally and figuratively, since the walls were pretty thin around here).

“I’m just wondering how, in the Devil’s name, he got here,” Changmin said. The only way to enter Hell was through the many portals situated on Earth; however, only a demon could open those.

Yoochun paled and stood up, making a beeline for the doorway. He crashed into a nearby stand, and a pot (which had been in the family for over a century, Changmin silently noted) toppled to the ground, shattering into multiple pieces.

“That was an accident!” Yoochun cried, his eyes wide.

“Huh?” Yunho frowned, alternating between staring at the broken parts and Yoochun’s horrified face in confusion.

“What the is he on?” Jaejoong muttered.

Changmin stared at his brother-in-law, and then his eyes widened in realisation. “You didn’t…”

“Ignore me!” Yoochun cried, backing away. “I didn’t do anything! There’s no angel!”

A series of groans echoed around the room.

“Yah!” Jaejoong howled, pointing accusingly at Yoochun. “Yoochun you idiot!”

“I only wanted to get flowers for Su!” Yoochun protested, his lower lip trembling.

“They were such pretty flowers!” Junsu added, shooting a loving smile at Yoochun (and completely ignoring the main issue at hand).

“Hello!” Changmin snapped, glaring at his brother. “We have a problem here — there’s a goddamn angel hanging around in Hell.”

“Okay fine,” Yunho told him, “then deal with it.”

“…Excuse me?”

“Deal with the angel,” Yunho told him, before turning to Jaejoong. Changmin knew if he wanted to say anything, he’d have to get it out now; as soon as that dopey expression entered Yunho’s eyes, you knew all hope of getting through to him was gone.

“He was the one who brought the damn creature here!” Changmin snapped, pointing furiously at Yoochun.

“It was an accident,” Yoochun told him, pouting.

“Yeah Minnie,” Junsu retorted, shooting a heated look at his younger brother, and an adoring one at his husband. “It was an accident.”

“Changmin, I have important work to do,” Yunho told him, firmly.

“Yunnie needs to match his outfit to mine for the Grand Feast,” Jaejoong told him seriously. “Do you know how badly our outfits clashed? It was appalling.”

Changmin gnashed his teeth together, and flames exploded from his hands.

“Leave,” Changmin growled, glaring at the angel. He could feel his tail standing up straight; the classic attack stance for a demon.

The angel, however, looked completely at ease with the situation. “Hello,” he said, smiling at Changmin. “I’m surprised — do you have a really small population or something? This is the second time we’ve bumped into each other!”

“The villagers told me where to find you — apparently they’ve been giving you a wide berth.”

“Huh…” the angel said, considering this. He then beamed, taking an eager step forward. “Do you want to show me around?”

“No.” Changmin snapped. “Leave. Get out.”

“But — ”

“No.”

The angel pouted. His eyes then zeroed in on Changmin’s horns, and widened. He leaned forward, grabbing them, and tugged (hard). “Are those real?” he questioned, eagerly.

Changmin clenched his jaw. “Could you not?” he said through gritted teeth.

“Omo! They are real!” the angel laughed, his eyes shining. “Can you burn something down? Show me some fire! Everything is so fluffy and perfect in Heaven — I want some chaos!”

Changmin couldn’t help but gape at his words. “What the ?!” he spluttered. “Aren’t you supposed to be an angel?!”

The angel grinned at him. “Can you say that again?”

“What?”

“!” The angel clapped his hands together, bouncing on the balls of his feet. “, , — ”

“What the ing hell is wrong with you?!” Changmin spluttered, taking a step backwards.

“No one ever swears at home!” the angel told him. “I remember Yesung-hyung said ‘’ once — completely understandable seeing as Eunhyuk-hyung had just dropped his harp on his foot — and Teukie-hyung put him in the Bad Angel Corner.”

Changmin stared.

“But now I can do anything I want and there are no consequences!” The angel twirled around, his eyes shining. He let out an excited giggle, and then latched onto Changmin’s arm. “Ooh, Hot Demon Dude, can we go and do a bunch of evil stuff?”

Changmin stared at the angel for a moment, wondering why the hell he was starting to feel all hot and tingly inside (must have been the weather — sweet Devil was it humid). Then something occurred to him.

“…Hot Demon Dude?”

“So,” Changmin growled, dragging the angel — who had previously introduced himself as “Kyuhyun the most amazing, stunningly y angel there is - or just Kyuhyun if that’s too much of a mouthful” — behind him, “I’m taking you home right now.”

Kyuhyun pouted. “Can we at least burn a house down?”

“No,” Changmin snapped, not even glancing behind him.

“…Can we rob someone’s harp?”

“What the is with you angels and harps?” Changmin grumbled. “There are no harps in Hell!” He shot a glance behind him, hoping to see a look of sheer heartbreak on Kyuhyun’s face — instead, there was an expression of pure ecstasy.

“No harps!” Kyuhyun cheered, clapping his hands together in glee. “Yes! I hated those things so much! Always tearing apart your ear drums…hey, I don’t know your name, do I? Hot Demon Dude? Hello? Name?!”

Changmin closed his eyes, taking a deep breath. He considered ignoring his companion, but the irritating chant of “name, name, name!” would probably never end if he did.

“I’m Changmin,” he muttered.

“Changmin?” Kyuhyun frowned. “That , I like Hot Demon Dude more. It suits you better.”

Changmin’s brow furrowed, and he wondered how he should view that comment (he also wondered why the he kept feeling all tingly inside — maybe he was getting pins and needles in his hand. He did have an annoying angel clinging to it, after all).

“Right,” Changmin said, turning around, “this is the barrier to — Kyuhyun? Kyuhyun?!”

Changmin threw his arms in the air, letting out a scream of frustration, as he realised that the angel seemed to have disappeared.

AN:

This is SO much fun to write xD Should have written an AU fic before :D