To You

I'll Say It

I would be lying if I say that I wasn't grinning while writing this. This two-shot's my favorite WenRene fanfic (which I have written) so far. Enjoy!

 

 

 

 

 

You don’t know what to do with your facial expression
You’re so bad at hiding it

 

“Wendy.”

“What?”

“Seungwan~”

“Don’t call me by my Korean name.”

“Are you mad?” Joohyun pouted.

“What makes you think that I’m mad? Of course I’m not!” Wendy said it with much exaggeration which made her current mood even more obvious.

Her expressive eyebrows are at it again.

Joohyun smiled.

“What are you smiling for?” Wendy asked, a bit curious.

“Oh nothing. It’s just that,” Joohyun smirked. “You’re still jealous, aren’t you?”

Wendy scoffed, “Hah! Well, excuse me. I am NOT and was NOT jealous of Seulgi who literally had her hands all over your body!”

“…”

“I just said that, didn’t I?” A little bit dumbfounded of her own confession, Wendy gave out a loud sigh.

“So it was Seulgi. I thought it was someone else…” Joohyun decided to continue teasing the fuming girl on.

“That’s it! I’m buying this company you’re working at and promote you as the acting CEO so you won’t ever get touch by anyone else! End of discussion.”

Joohyun always finds a fuming of jealousy Wendy cute. She just can’t hide her real feelings well with her very expressive eyebrows (her whole face, really. But Wendy thinks that’s exaggerating things)

“But I love teaching people how to dance. And please, honey, I know you can spend a fortune with just a blink of an eye but buying a whole company because of your jealousy is plainly being reckless.”

“And that’s suicide!” Someone from outside the room shouted.

“Shut up, Seul- Hey! You bear! How long have you been eavesdropping on our conversation?!” Wendy was about to barged out of the room but Seulgi decided to beat her to it and peeked over.

“Just along the lines of you saying how my hands were all over Joohyun unnie’s body.” Seulgi decided to test the girl’s temper on with wiggling her fingers and a creepy smile plastered on her face.

Seulgi and Irene both swore never to tease a very jealous Wendy again because it looked like her face was going to explode any second as Seulgi said every word along with her actions.

“I’m going to rip you to pieces and feed your essence to the chickens while laughing victoriously.” Wendy gritted her teeth.

“Oh god, that’s scary. I was kidding. Please spare me.” Seulgi pleaded.

“Gi unnie, where the hell are you- Oh!” It was Park Sooyoung a.k.a. Joy, Seulgi and Irene’s younger colleague. “What are you doing on the floor? Why are you kneeling down? Have you become Wendy unnie’s worshipper?”

“Too many questions… Take me away before Wendy decides to kill me!”

With that, Joy reached out for Seulgi’s hand and rushed out of the room but not before saying, “Whatever it is that this tactless bear had said, I’m saying sorry on her behalf. I have an idea that it has something to do with touching Joohyun unnie. But no worries, Wendy unnie, I don’t know what has gotten into me for confessing in front of you all so suddenly, but I love this girl and I’ll make her mine soon. Good day!” And she slammed the door shut.

“What… Just happened…”

“I guess that solved your problem?” Joohyun chuckled and took a step closer to where Wendy was standing. “I have to say, Joy’s impromptu confession sounded and looked more romantic than yours.”

“What?!” Wendy raised her very expressive eyebrows.

Joohyun reached out for Wendy and brushed away the knots forming on the girl’s eyebrows.

Add the pout adorning the gorgeous girl’s face and their close proximity: that made Wendy’s insides melt into a helpless puddle of goo. It was a good thing Joohyun held her stabilize.

“You always make me feel a lot of things at once. I guess it’s no surprise.” Wendy tried her best to act cool (as if her wobbly legs made her look cool enough)

“I can tell.” Joohyun held her gaze. “Your eyebrows speak wonders.”

Wendy let out a hum, voicing out her agreement.

“Has your jealousy subsided or are you still plotting on killing Seulgi with that ruthless brain of yours?” Joohyun grinned.

“Ruthless.” Gaining the strength she loss by the touch of Joohyun’s hands on her face, Wendy pulled said girl closer to her by the waist. “What a nice word to say to the person you love.”

“Love? You?” Joohyun tried to act clueless.

Wendy leaned in and captured the drama queen’s lips with hers.

“I love you too.”

 

 

 

Every morning I start my day by waking you up
I will live every day for you

 

The sun slowly rose from the east. No doubt, it was another beautiful day.

The brunette stirred and stretched as sunlight beamed through the window.

She knitted her eyebrows in frustration as the sunlight was becoming a hindrance to her still slumbering conscience.

At last, after a few guttural groans and murmured complaints, the brunette grunted and opened her eyes only to find herself staring at the girl still sleeping beside her. Her goddess.

It was a good thing the latter was facing the other way around or the annoying rays of the sun would also disturb her from her beauty sleep.

It’s hard to wake Irene (Wendy decided to give Joohyun an English name because she loves the sound of it) up every morning. Not because she was a heavy sleeper or anything, Wendy just finds it so difficult to disturb her serene looking features and the peaceful look on her lover’s face when she’s asleep.

That’s just one of her many reasons.

One more thing to consider is that she’s developed a weird ; staring at Irene, tracing every perfect lines and curves on her face with her fingers until the girl finally wakes up.

It was weird. But it has become her first task every morning.

Wendy always mumbles this to herself as a somewhat form of encouragement: “What love does to people.”

This morning wasn’t an exception. There were no exceptions, really. Unless she was away a few days for a business trip but it hardly happens because she was the boss of her own company and she always has her ways.

She started to trace the bridge of Irene’s nose with her forefinger, earning a cute wrinkle of the nose from the still slumbering girl. After that, she decided to attack the girl’s attractive eyebrows with both of her thumbs. Wendy’s eyes then landed on Irene’s plump lips.

Most of the time, (Every night) she asked the heavens, “What did I do in my past life to love and be loved by this beautiful girl?” And she always sees this lone star on the west of the heavens shining so bright, telling her something that goes between the lines of, “Idiot. You confessed in front of the public. You deserved it. Everyone deserves to love and be loved.” and “Oh, one more thing. What do you think of yourself? A demigod who saved the world from destruction in the past? Wake up, lass! You’re acting crazy!”

Her mind has the tendency of making up voices on her head when she talks to inanimate objects or heavenly bodies; that, her lover understands.

She snapped out of her self-reverie a few moments before Irene’s eyes fluttered open and she found it hard to breathe as her lover held her gaze with her still sleepy eyes, but they were as attractive as always.

Irene’s lips curled into a smile, “You’re staring at me again.”

“I thought you’re now immune to it.”

“Who says I’m not?” Irene closed her eyes, stretched her arms and flexed her hands with a matching cat-like mewl.

Wendy was utterly speechless and captivated of the scene that she decided to sit up and trap Irene between her legs. She lowered her head down and growled on the helpless girl’s ear, “You’re held captive for the day.”

Irene decided to play her part of the game, “For what reasons?”

“For a very offensive attack to my poor heart.” Wendy’s grin makes Irene weak. Very weak.

Almost out of breath, Irene answered, “You’re impossible.”

“Between you and me, you’re the one who’s impossible, baby.”

“What?! You-”

The latter leaned down, the space between them only separated by a mere inch.

“A girl like you is impossible to find. But guess what?” Wendy held Irene’s right wrist. “You’re mine.”

“Cliché.” Irene did her signature lopsided smile.

They spent the whole day in bed doing who-knows-what.

Wendy thinks it’s better to not be so descriptive sometimes.

 

 

 

The one person who made my heart pound
I may be clumsy but I love you so much

 

“Bae?”

“Hm- I told you to stop calling me that.”

“What do you want me to call you then, poop?” Wendy pouted.

Irene glared at the girl, “What is it? What do you want?”

“You.”

“But I’m already yours.”

“No, I mean- come, I wanna take you somewhere.”

Irene let Wendy take her hand and guide her to wherever that somewhere is.

 

 

 

Irene was baffled, or rather curious as to why Wendy has taken her at the café where they’ve first met.

It’s been three years since they’ve started their loving relationship.

The café already has a special place in her heart; along with everything else that was Wendy’s to keep.

She doesn’t remember when they last visited the café. Months? A year perhaps? It’s been a long time.

As Wendy opened the door, the sight of the café, how it’s still intact and the beautiful aroma of coffee wafting through the air made everything more nostalgic.

“Good old times?” Wendy asked, smiling as she tugged at Irene’s hand.

“Good old times.” Irene returned the gesture with a squeeze of her hand.

Wendy stopped at a very familiar table for two and pulled one chair out, waiting for Irene to do the honors and sit.

“May I ask what we’re doing here? A trip to memory lane, perhaps?” Irene chuckled.

“I bought the whole thing.”

“You mean-”

“Yes, the café.”

“Why?”

“For you.”

“You didn’t have to…”

“I didn’t have to, but I wanted to.” Wendy grabbed Irene’s hand from across the table. “And besides, this is not being plainly reckless. I bought it out of love, not jealousy.”

“That’s sweet of you. But you do know how to run a café, right?”

“Got it under control, ma’am. It’s just the two of us now but I got you the best baristas, new set of machines and utensils, and nice employees!” Wendy finished with a salute. “Oh, and you’re managing this, not me.”

“What?”

“I know how you’ve dreamed of having a café of your own. Atleast let me make this dream of yours come true.”

“You’ve already done so much as making my life complete when you entered in it, Son Seungwan.”

That obviously caught Wendy off-guard but she has a plan, and she’s betting her whole life for this one.

“You know, my dream is simple.” Wendy stared right through Irene’s eyes, mustering all the courage she has. “It’s to love someone like you.”

The obvious tinge of pink on Irene’s cheeks wasn’t left unnoticed.

“And if you’d let me, I have this big scale dream that I’d want to fulfill. But I need your full cooperation for this.”

Irene nodded. “Anything.”

This is it.

Wendy stood up, only to kneel down again. Her full height while kneeling was up to Irene’s chest level.

She breathed out and then she started to sing,

 

Forever can never be long enough for me
Feel like I've had long enough with you
Forget the world now, we won't let them see
But there's one thing left to do

Now that the weight has lifted
Love has surely shifted my way

 

It gave all the love and affection in Irene’s eyes for Wendy to sing the next lines,

 

Marry me today and every day
Marry me if I ever get the nerve to say hello in this cafe
Say you will, say you will

Together can never be close enough for me
Feel like I am close enough to you
You wear white and I'll wear out the words I love you
And you're beautiful

 

Wendy sang each line straight from her heart, letting Irene know how sincere she was with everything that’s happening.

 

Now that the wait is over
And love and has finally shown her my way

Marry me today and every day
Marry me if I ever get the nerve to say hello in this cafe
Say you will, say you will

 

Finally, Irene let the tears she has been holding in stream down on her beautiful face.

 

Promise me you'll always be happy by my side
I promise to sing to you when all the music dies

And marry me today and everyday
Marry me if I ever get the nerve to say hello in this café

 

Wendy managed to let a smile adore her face for that line and finally she finished,

 

Say you will, say you will… marry me
 

“I got the nerve to say hello in this café,” Wendy reached out for her back pocket only to have produce a velvet-colored box on her hand. She gently opened the box and there a simple yet glamorous ring silently waited for its rightful owner.   “So will you do the honor of marrying me?”

Irene was still awestruck to everything that has happened but she let her heart decide.

“Of course, I will, you clumsy idiot. I will marry you even if it’s the last thing I’d do.”

That lifted Wendy’s spirits up high into the sky.

Her legs were a bit wobbly from kneeling for a long time but it doesn’t matter,

Irene will marry her. Irene said yes. Irene is hers… she’s been hers to begin with.

Wendy got the ring out of the box and slipped it on Irene’s ring finger.

“It looks perfect on you.”

“You look perfect with me. Gosh, I love you.” Irene cupped Wendy’s face and almost smashed her lips with the other. Thank God for Wendy’s self-control.

When air was becoming a necessity again, the both of them decided to pull away.

“Do you still find Joy’s confession more romantic than this?” Wendy teased.

Irene encircled her arms around Wendy’s shoulders and said, “Not in the mood to argue with you so I’d say no.”

“I guess I’ll be clinging on to you for a very long time. Wouldn’t it be a bother?” Wendy held Irene by the waist as she pulled said girl towards her until their foreheads touched.

“I pretty much got used to it. What’s a lifetime without a jealous freak of a snowman clinging on to you?”

“Dull.”

They both laughed.

“We have one heck of a future ahead of us, hmm?”

“Hyun-ah, worry of the wedding preparations first and the children later.”

“I didn’t even say children in particular…”

“They’re included in my future plans, unless you don’t want a child of your own-”

“Hush. I do, as long as it’s with you.”

Wendy sang yet another line from one of her favorite songs,

As endless as forever, our love will stay together.

She pulled Irene closer to her, the tip of their noses touching.

They both closed their eyes in pure bliss as Wendy sang the last and very familiar line of the song.

You’re all I need to be with forevermore.

 

 

 

 

 

Ending was a little rushed since I need to sleep. Final exams on one of my major subjects tomorrow so, you get the picture.

Upvote if you feel like doing so. And please, do drop a comment by; it's lovely to read them.

If there are any errors/typos, I'd change it by tomorrow.

~ XOXO