My Confession

I'll Say It

 

 

 

 

 

It’s okay to spur her curiosity

To the point where she’ll go crazy out of it

 

“Hi.”

“Hello.”

“Are you with someone?”

“No…”

“Can I sit on this empty chair right across you, then?”

“Sure…”

“Great! Thanks.”

“Mm-hmm.”

“…”

“…”

“I-Is that one of Rick Riordan’s masterpieces you’re reading?”

“Yes! You know him too?”

“’Course, I do. Chap writes myth-inspired wonders.”

“They say I’m like a kid for being such a great fan of his works…”

“I refuse to that. Everyone can enjoy reading a great book or two; nevermind the age!”

“You’re quite convincing.”

 “I hear that often.”

“…”

“…”

“I never really talk to strangers, you know.”

“But I’m no stranger. I’m the girl who just lifted your hurt spirits up.”

“You sure did.”

“You look stunning when you smile. Keep it as it is.”

“Thank you…” The girl’s phone vibrated. “Oh, I should be going.”

“This soon? Thank you for offering me this seat.” The latter patted the chair which she was sitting on. “And please, one more question before you leave?”

“What is it?”

“Can I know what your name is?”

The girl, who was now up and ready to go, said with a smile,

“You just have to know that yourself.”

Said girl left after leaving a lasting impression on the latter (who has her mind scattered into pieces)

“I just wanna know your name…” The girl who was left behind said.

And when she looked down on their shared table at the café, her lips broke into a wide smile.

“Bae. Joo. Hyun.” She chuckled.

“And she just had to forget her ID. Fate is on my side.”

 

 

 

She’ll eventually come to you

And win you over

 

“Bae Joohyun!”

“Wh-who- You?!”

“Yes, the girl who lifted your spirits up, me.”

“How’d you know where I’m working?”

“Oh you know, the typical. I was eating out yesterday but all the seats at the café were taken and I spotted this random girl on her own. I asked her if I could sit on the empty chair across hers. We talked. She left me with a dazzling smile.” The girl fished something out of her back pocket. “And she just had to leave her poor ID on the table.”

“…”

“A simple thank you would do the trick.”

“You did not just put my ID in your back pocket.”

“It’s not like I put it on my behind; the literal one.”

“You’re starting to freak me out.”

“Ok, I’m sorry. I won’t do it again.”

“What makes you think that there will be a next time?” Joohyun, being curious, raised her brow.

“Just a feeling.” The latter smiled.

“You’ve got this boyish-slash-player vibe when you smile.”

“I’ll take that as a compliment from a gorgeous young lady.”

The girl who was being complimented gave out a shy smile.

“Th-Thank you, for returning my ID.”

“You’re welcome.”

“Since you accidentally knew what my name is, may I know yours, too?”

“I thought you’d never ask.” The girl chuckled. “Son Seungwan, but I grew to love people calling me Wendy; so you can call me that instead.”

“Seungwan suits your image. But Wendy? Not as much.” Joohyun teased.

“I’ll change my name to Peter Pan, then.”

“Is that a joke? But you sounded serious.”

“Because I am. You can be Wendy instead.”

Wendy grinned when she saw no violent reactions from Joohyun and she continued,

“That way, I can be your Peter Pan. And I’ll gladly fly you to Neverland.”

 

After that, something clicked inside Joohyun’s head (and definitely, her heart)

This will not be the last time a girl named Wendy, (who would change her name to Peter Pan for Joohyun) puts her precious ID in her back pocket for sure.

 

 

 

Will you go out with me?
I want to be happy with you

 

“Where are you bringing me?”

“You’ll see.”

“Funny. How am I supposed to see with this annoying blindfold covering my eyes?”

“Woah, chill, hot lady. We’re here.”

“Can I take this off now?” Joohyun tugged at the blindfold.

“Not yet. Just a sec.”

Joohyun has been counting and it’s already been a minute. When she was about to take the blindfold off, she heard a soft strum.

“You can take them off now.” Wendy commanded with her sweet voice.

And she did.

Joohyun was shocked to see that they were in front of the café where she and Wendy met a few months ago.

They’ve been hitting it off since Wendy returned her ID which was secured in the girl’s back pocket.

Wendy found a perfect shortcut straight to Joohyun’s heart.

But they were just friends. Nothing more, nothing less. Though Joohyun actually wants something more than that.

She got out of her trance and stared at the person who was sitting on a stool while holding a guitar, smiling at her.

“Listen to what I’m about to sing?” Wendy asked.

Joohyun replied with a simple nod of the head.

She was more than curious to know what Wendy’s up to.

After a smooth of the guitar strings and a soft melodic hum, Wendy started to sing,

 

 

Nae kkumsogeneun neoya neorang daehwa hallyeogo hangungmareul baeun geoya

(In my dream, it’s you. I learned Korean in order to talk to you)
 

Urineun unmyeong neon nahante orheun geoya nan oenson baksucheoreom neoneun namanui jjak

(We are meant to be – I’ve been infected with you. Just like my left hand claps, you are my only pair)
 

Na mideojullae bulleosseo na mideodo dwae nan gogijip geomnal ttae ansim sikyeojulge

(I sang, will you believe me? Yes, you can believe me. I’m a meat restaurant, when you’re scared, I’ll order some assurance)
 

Niga himdeureohago itgo motgyeondil ttae nan husidin ni masulcheoreom sangcheoreul eobsaejulge

(When you can’t take on the hardships, like Houdini’s magic, I will make your scars vanish)

 


Nae daehaeseo an joheun soril deullyeodo nal mideo baby
Saramdeureun nae maeumeul molla but you’re the one for me

(Even if you hear bad things about me, trust me baby

People don’t know how I feel but you’re the one for me)
 

Na wollae ireochido anha yejeonen yeoja manhasseo
Jigeumbuteo neoman bolge baby your all I need

(I’m not normally like this – I used to have a lot of girls before

But from now on, I will only look at you – baby you’re all I need)
 

Just be my girlfriend, my girlfriend, my girl friend, my girl
Be my girlfriend, my girlfriend, my girlfriend, my girl

 

 

Narang sagyeojullae neorang haengbokhallae

(Will you go out with me? I want to be happy with you)


Just be my girlfriend, my girlfriend, my girlfriend, my girlfriend, yeah

 


“Bae Joohyun, will you be my girl?”

With the knowledge of how Wendy perfectly strummed the guitar chords, sang the song so perfectly, how every word tugged at her heartstrings, and how said girl melted her insides with her loving stares… Joohyun found it hard to breath.

“I-” Joohyun stammered; her heart pounding hard against her chest.

Wendy put her guitar down, sat up and uncomfortably scratched at her nape.

“I… know all of this is too sudden but… I’d like you to know that every molecule inside my body is sincere.” Wendy stared right through her soul. “I’ve fallen for you. I am in love with you.”

“…”

“Talking would do the trick right now, Joohyun. A lot of people have gathered, you see? Or are you still too stunned?”

Now that Wendy has mentioned it, she hasn’t noticed the crowd of people slowly pacing the area of the café and some bystanders were looking at them too; to the still stunned girl, actually.

It’s like the crowd was telling her to “Go for the gold, young lady! She just confessed in a public place for you, in front of us. And don’t you deny it, she went the hell straight to your heart!”

After a while, as if the heavens have shown down on Joohyun, she called out, “Wendy?”

“Y-Yes?”

“Beware: I easily get jealous and can get overly attached.” Joohyun reached out for Wendy’s shaking hand and smiled.

“Is… that a yes?” Wendy asked with her round and curious bunny eyes (which Joohyun found very endearing).

Joohyun answered Wendy’s question with a whisper,

“I want you to know that I love you more.”

Wendy almost choked Joohyun with a bear hug but it was ever so comforting nonetheless.

The tad shorter girl pulled out and rested her forehead against the latter; both of them silently enjoying the close contact with smiles that can’t be wiped off of their faces.

Around them, they heard almost muted sounds of people clapping and whistling.

None of that mattered because for these two people in love, it was their moment to remember.

 

 

 

 

* The song I used for this, the one which Wendy sang is Jay Park's Girlfriend

1 out of 2 - TBC :)

That's it for part 1. This was supposed to be a one-shot but (un)fortunately, I find it too long to just update with one. It's nice to leave my dear readers hanging for a while. Haha. Apologies for my evil deed. Lol.

If there are any errors, I'm pretty sure there are, I'd gladly edit them tomorrow for I'm too tired to do it today. My mind has still not get over the hotness which was Red Velvet's comeback stage and their Be Natural MV. I'm never getting over it, really. Not in this life time. Don't give a damn about what other people may say! They've made me proud, I hope you feel the same way towards them too. ;)

 

So much for WenRene~ Haha. It's been a while since I've written another WenRene fic. I'm still left scarred with the issue faced by my main fandom but I never want to drown in misery and so here I am, doing my best to be happy and bring happiness to others with my writings too, in the process.

Nothing more to say than #StayStrongWendy Lol. It's been an era full of JoyRene before. Now, SeulRene. But we all know that WenRene works wonders behind the scenes. *winkeu* 

What says you with this update? I hope it somehow quenched your thirst for WenRene. I had fun writing this. It's starting to be my favorite out of the other WenRene fanfics I've written. *self-praising* *slaps self*

 

If you have any violent reactions, sweet nothings or just anything ranging from negative to positive to say about this update then please do leave one on the comments section below. My mind would gladly feed on your feedbacks. It may cause me to post the 2nd part soon too. ;)

Good morning, afternoon, night, dear readers! An advance thank you to the future subscribers, upvoters and readers to come. ^^~

 

~ XOXO