04

Dangerous Fate

Mihyun, upon entering the room closed her eyes as she drew in a deep breath.

"Princess, are you okay?" The male next to her asked worriedly and Mihyun opened her eyes before smiling at him.

"I'm perfectly fine, Joonmyun. There's no need to worry." She replied and the male nodded before holding his hand out towards the platform where the sword was binded with numerous chains attatched to the ceiling. 

"Whenever you're ready, princess." Mihyun nodded before walking up to the platform, her eyes shining with worry. She drew in a deep breath trying to calm her nerves as she approached the sword before closing her eyes to concentrate while she murmured some chantings. Then, as if by force, her arms were spread to her sides as something began on her life force. Her back arched in pain as she felt her life force get chipped off. Every shrine maiden who was selected as Princess Yoori was expected to hold this ritual. It was a ritual where she would have to offer her life force to the sword to appease it's anger and hatred. She didn't know what would happen once it has gotten a hold of all of her life force but she knew her life was forever bound to the sword whether she liked it or not. 

In  a couple of minutes, a small section of her life force was taken away and she fell to the ground, breathing heavily. Her whole body was hurting madly but over the years, she learned to stand the unbearable pain so it didn't bug her as much anymore. Instantly, Joonmyun who had been watching at the side ran over to her.

"Princess! Are you alright?" He asked and she held up her hand, nodding. 

"I'll be fine in a couple of minutes." was her only reply so he stood there, waiting for her to feel better which she indeed did a few minutes later. She slowly stood up and together, they left the room, not noticing how the sword was shining brightly in red. 

When they left the building, Mihyun was surprised to see a wolf seated between Jongin and Kyungsoo who both looked really grave and serious.

"What's wrong?" Mihyun asked and suddenly, Sehun morphed back into his human form.

"Mihyun, there's something I need to tell you. It's about the spirits outside Shuro. There's something very wrong going on." Sehun told her. He too, unlike before looked serious. Mihyun nodded in understanding.

"I understand.. I'll get someone to gather everyone for a meeting. You can tell us then, Sehun." Sehun nodded and Mihyun instantly instructed a nearby shrine maiden to gather the few people who were a part of her little group. 

 

page-dividers-clip-art-7914.jpg

Author's Note! 
Here's the fourth chapter! Hopefully it was alright. Also, I wonder what is going on with the spirits outside of Shuro.
Before I forget, Shuro is a little area where the shrine is. It's hidden by the prying eyes of the citizens of the kingdom.
Only a selected few lives there so not only the King or his advisors know about this peaceful little town. Mihyun's the
leader of this town and is practically in charge of everyone's safety. I hope that clears up where Shuro is situated.