That senior

Dear friend(s),

Class finally ended. Joy and Luna stood up almost simultaneously.

"Wanna chill out together?" two of the asked in sync. They gave each other a air high-five after giggling over the fact that they just said something out in sync without expecting it.

Just like the usual, the other two agreed with the wonderful suggestion and they left the classroom shortly after that.

 

 

What the students love the most about Woollim High is that the school is located right in the center of the city, with streets full of interesting rows of shops surrounding them. There is a park nearby, lots of cafe and restaurant, few clothing shops not too far away from the area too. Really saturated with different kinds of places for the students to spend their free afternoon at. Be it relaxing or doing their reports.

5 minutes later, the clique arrived at the starbucks just around the corner.

 

"What you girls getti-" before Joy could finish her sentence, Luna already cut off her words with 'Mocha Grande obviously' in her usual teasing tone. Joy puffed up her cheeks and weakly punching Luna's shoulder, causing the outburst of laughter within themselves.

The four seater nearby the window is where they always sitting at. Those who worked long enough in the shop knows about it. After settling themselves down comfortably, their complaining session started almost instantly.

 

"Can't believe there is already a mathematic test tomorrow..." Mel let out a sigh.

"What?! There is?" Joy who were day dreaming her first math class away widen up her eyes at this shocking news. Before anybody elses could continue with the conversation, Joy let out an excited squeal, not too loudly of course.

"It's Jackson sunbae!!" she cupped her cheeks and squeezed them in excitement. Following where her dreamy gaze landed at, a rather muscular and tall young man was walking towards the counter. His arm muscles were so well developed that his sleeves were getting so tight.

"Oh he works here? Cool!" Luna commented after Jackson disappeared behind the storage room. 

Hannie and Mel looked at each other, not knowing who is the Jackson the other two was talking about.

"That y arm... Who is that?" asked Hannie;

"He is in our school!? Why haven't I see him before?" and asked Mel.

"Jackson sunbae is two years older than us if I'm not wrong. Spotted his shoe bag and backpack in senior library that day when I walked past that building. Heard that he was sent back to HongKong to live with his grandparents after a tragic car accident. He lost his parents in that car crash and became really anti social afterwards. Luckily he never stays in the shadow for long, he started bulking up himself and study harder to convince his grandparents to send him back to Seoul." Luna always manage to collect so much random information, Joy jokingly calls her the rising star int the spy world.
 

"Oppa is HongKong Chinese? I did not see that coming!" Joy widened her eyes again at the new piece of information she just received.

"Half I guess, some said his mother is a Korean." Luna shrugged her shoulders, that was all she know about Jackson.

 

Jackson had already finished changing into his starbucks uniform when the girls were done digesting information him. Joy diverted her attention back onto Jackson when he stepped out of the storeroom, getting ready to take the customers' order. She happily went over to order a chocolate croissant just to hear his voice. The first school day of the year ended off in the fragrance of coffee with girl's gossips.

 

 

 

The next day during the break time, the girls invited Chanyeol and Jimin to tag along. Half way in between the meal, Joy with her radar eyes had spotted Jackson from afar and she could not hold in her excitement.

"I think I just saw Jackson!" Joy was tapping Luna's thigh repeatedly.

"Ha! You are interested in our captain?" Jimin raised his eyebrow and laughed at Joy's reaction.

"Captain?" Joy looked at Jimin curiously.

"Yeah, this guy is amazing. He became our captain few days after he re-joined the rugby team." said Jimin while wiping his lips. "He was in our school a year ago, in the rugby team, but he was really skinny and quiet. And he at rugby too, he will always get hit by the other players. Even the juniors did not show him any respect since nobody likes him. He was gone for a year without saying anything. We were really surprised to see him back into the team."

"Did he tell you guys why he left school?" Joy thought that since Jimin is in the same sport as Jackson, he could have know more details than Luna did.

"He told us that his parents passed away a year ago due to a tragic car accident therefore his grandparents decided to take him back to Hongkong. He was suffering in amnesia and depression during that period of time but he eventually snapped out of it and return to Seoul with stronger physique, thick calves strong arms y abs, apparently he toughen up himselves to make sure he appeared all good so his grandparents will then allowed him to be back in Seoul." Jimin ended off his story telling with a slight shrug, not quite sure how should he react to it.

"Shoot... Oppa has a really sad background story... I want to hug him and comfort him so bad..." Joy frowned and placed her palms on her cheeks, pushing them upwards when she rest her head entirely on her palms.

"Quit day dreaming, he don't need you," Mel playfully flicked Joy's nose tip, and that resulted in receiving a bite on her finger.

 

 

As soon as the bell has rung at the end of the last lesson, Chanyeol let out a loud aaaaaahh on his seat. Being the graduating student in high school was not easy. It was only the second day of school yet the seniors already attended their first class test and were assigned with more practise papers to be finished at home.

The education system in Woollim High is slightly different from the normal school around the country. Only for those who score well for their elementary school leaving examination will be qualified to sign up for Woollim. After 6 years of secondary education,  students who rank in the top 30% will be given an option to futher their studies in the tertiary education classes for 2 years, or they could choose to go for other univerysity that they prefer. Jackson was smart enough to still enter the Woollim University although he had quitted school for a year. Going into the 2 year programme is the goal of most Woollim High's graduating students, why study for another 4 year, when you could attend Woollim's express programme and be released into society after only 2 years?