Summer heat

Dear friend(s),

Thank god for creating air-conditioner, this invention save the entire human race from melting down into a puddle of stinky sweats.

Spring is ending in few days time and the cooling breeze had already turned into heat wave. Probably every student in Woollim High was having that thoughts on their mind, whoever that invented aircon really deserve a life-long free feast on sushi buffet. The fashionistas has changed their stylish baseball jacket into a lightweight cardigan and keep their calf-length socks deep inside their cupboard for ankle socks.

Hannie bought a new hand-carry bag during the weekend, her leather backpack trapped too much heat for her to take. Entering the hallway, Mel was already waiting for her by the locker. Just like your typical scene in the American videos, Mel was leaning by the locker, already done packing up her own and was waiting for her friend to get what she needed for the class.

Hannie Jung was a petite girl standing proudly at the height of 153cm. Her soft black curls compliments her bubbly personality well. When she hopped on the spot in excitment, her pony tail will bounce along too. Her round eyes always glisten in positive emotions, her straight and short eyebrows was often made fun by her close friends. Many likes to poke her cute button nose when she blanked out, then she will pout her lips to protest. She has a slightly thicker lower lip and they were in a darker shade of pink. Hannie hates it, but her mother says it made her look special, like a natural lip tint. Although she was not one of the prettier girl you have seen, but surely she has the warmest smile you will ever see.

 

"Somebody had switched her high socks into ankle socks already~" Hannie commented while giving Mel an one armed hug.

"Says the one who changed her school bag." Mel chuckled, and replied. She straightened up her body when Hannie closed that metal locker door, then both 18 year old head down to their classroom which was located at the end of the hallway together.

Melviel Shim, she was 14cm taller than Hannie. She was not born with a cold appearance at first, her warmer self was moulded in the cold facade by multiple betrayal that happened back in her younger days. Friendships that she put in so much effort to protect, turned out to be just another joke, it was so fragile and was destroyed easily by the ones who were involved. Being hurt at a young age, she decided not to open up and trust anyone easily anymore. Mel's droopy eyes made her appeared to be sad all the time, her small nose and thin supple lips were blanketed by a layer of ice cold emotions. Looks just like a heart broken doll, pretty, but empty. The ice-princess distanced herself from any potential friends, it was not that nobody wants to get closer to her, she was the one who pushed people who cares, away. The seemingly firm protection was eventually tore down by Hannie unexpectedly. She was her first close friend after all the loneliness.

 

"Joy and Luna!!" Hannie called out to the other girls in their clique excitedly when the four of them finally united again in the uniforms.

"Miss all of you so much.." Joy snuggled her nose onto the crook of Hannie's neck.

 

 

 

It was a new sememster so a massive change in the seating arrangement was expected. The moment when their homeroom teacher, Ms Shin, stepped into the classroom, the students started groaning and the discussion volume had raised even louder. Can I not be sitting near this idiot anymore?, 'cher, can I sit with my boyfriend?, Ms Shin you are super pretty today and please don't change our seats- Loud pleas could be heard across the classroom, however Ms Shin with over 10 years of teaching experience gave only a motherly smile and shrugged, "Sorry kids, we just have to follow what is meant to be followed alright~"

After a hour, the students finally settled down in their new arrangement. Fortunately, Mel got to sit in front of Hannie, unfortunately, Chanyeol the most annoying classmate that Mel wants to kill was her seatmate. The moment when Ms Shin announced that, Mel instantly turned her face towards Hannie and gave her a what-the- expression. For somebody who is rather not talkative to have to sit beside a radio station, surely it will be a tough semester for Mel.

Whereas for Hannie, the adorably mischievious Jimin was appointed as he seatmate. She was quite happy at first until Sehun, the really weird guy was told to sit behind her. She was disappointed for a short while because she was afraid that her chatters might annoyed him. Previously, some other noisy boys from the class was laughing too loud near Sehun and the cold glare that he sent to them was scary enough for everyone elses to distance themselves even further away from him. Sehun rarely give out any warm expression. He either looks blank, or he would frown.

Luna's eyesight was really bad, so she was still being comfortable in her special seat that was quite near to the white board. She had chosen that solo seat by herself after Ms Shin granted her the permission. Sehun actually wanted to be seated alone but he did not have a reason valid enough to be granted that permission.

 

Holy cow Han, you are super lucky omg you have got everyone around you!! Joy instantly fished out her phone and whatsapped the girls.

In just a few minutes time, Jimin, Chanyeol, and Hannie had already formed a new clique. Well, people with the similar personality usually click with each other pretty quickly. Ms Shin was back facing the class when Hannie felt a mild vibration in her skirt's pocket, she took a quick glance of the screen before shoving her phone back into her pocket. Everyone knows that their homeroom teacher was the strictest when it comes to rules and discipline. No cellphone means no cellphone, or you could exchange it back with 5 hours of detention.

Two rows away was where Joy sitting at, with the class monitor. He was just as quiet as Sehun, except that at least he was way more approachable. Joy was groaning silently, feeling unlucky to have to sit beside somebody who she can't have useless conversation with. What made it worst that she was the only girl in that entire row full of gamer boys. They are so stupid and boring. Their life is surrounded by nothing but games. With Hannie smirking in happiness, it made her felt even more in despair, how am I going to survive without anybody to talk to during History lesson...

With the thought in mind, Joy laid her cheeks on the table. The strong vibe of jealousy and agony was so thick that it was almost visible to Hannie's eyes.

 

"Aight Chanyeol, shut up and everybody take out your notebook, there is some changes in the time-table." With Ms Shin's high pitch voice, it offcially marks the start of the semester.